The Skinslasher resurfaced

*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

Factor Andor puts out a notice to any available agents.. 
Any available Justice is requested to meet with me in my office. A formally cold murder case we had previously been assisting the Harmonium with has re-opened. 

- Factor Dace Andor

-Those who present themselves are given a briefing covering the following points: 
-The suspect, nick-named "The Skin Slasher", is a doppleganger.
-The original case placed the suspect as a slave sold by the Sensate Maharaja to the Signer  Kalthia, a resident of Undersigil and co-owner of The Wild Side. 

-The recent killings being linked to the same killer occurred in Undersigil and the Clerks Ward Scriptorium, respectively. 
-The recently dead include a man named Lelenthial  and a woman named Salcis. The latter was an instructor at the Scriptorium in the Clerks Ward. The former used to be aligned with that group, but left due to being unsatisfied with the lifestyle. The two victims were intimately involved prior to his departure. 
-Lelenthial was killed a week prior to Sallcis, in Undersigil. The killer is said to have assumed his identity for a time, and entered the Scriptorium in his form. 
-The killer seemed to have been triggered by seeing or hearing the word "Multitudes". He also appears to have coerced the instructor into writing it multiple times before decapitating her. Theories suggest he eats the heads of his victims, as dopplegangers absorb memories in this manner. 
- The killer tore apart a volume detailing certain life forms. Specifically, it tore the pages covering dopplegangers. However, it appeared to have taken the pages to the Infinite Stairway, and rather than destroying them utterly, left them there. The significance of this, if any, is unknown. A copy of this codex was acquired by the Scriptorium. Agents are to review the tome and identify any mentions of known dopplegangers and their last known locations mentioned in its pages. It is a remote possibility that the killer might try to locate them with the information it has gleaned. 
-Measure Nica was the Hamronium officer previously working the case. Her where-about's are unknown, but the Barracks has been contacted to find out if she or someone else has taken over the case. Agents are encouraged to link up and work with our Harmonium brothers and sisters to see this killer brought to justice. 

*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

Reviewing the case, Namer Baat requests the company of one or more fellow Namers to accompany her through Hive Ward, and into Undersigil Village, in order to have a look around and ask some questions, particularly around The Wild Side.
*Cenerae

Posted by *Cenerae »

A brief report is made by Namer Mirmija, and a copy is made available for perusal by those involved with the case.

With Factor Andor's approval, I visited the Mortuary with the intent of questioning the body of the murdered Scriptorium teacher Salcis. There I came across one Ameylia, who appears to be investigating the matter on her own, and following the same idea. With the grudging permission of a Dustman, I enacted an arcane spell that would allow us to speak to Salcis. Since the body had no head, we asked her to write her responses to the questions. Attached to this note you will find a word for word transcript of the questions asked and the answers recieved. I will leave this report uncolored of opinion in order to make sure that no details are overlooked in favor of the parts I found of particular interest.

- Mirmija

[+] Transcript

Code: Select all

1. "You were visited by a colleague yesterday. Lelenthial. What were you two discussing that day?"  "My love came without notice, to talk about the days when we were young and truly alive."  2. "When you turned away from him to write on your classroom board, did he say anything to you?"  "My love grew confused about aspects of our past, he asked why we grew apart.  How could he not know, it was his hatred of my blood."  3.  "Why was or did it seem the word 'multitudes' was so important to your former lover?"  "On the floor bleeding to death my eyes saw the mouth wearing my lover's face.  It muttered that word before my head was chomped off"  4. "What, if anything, did he ask you about greater doppelgangers?"   "Nothing was asked. We spoke, but not of that."  5. "What other topics did you speak of with your lover right before your death?"  "He apologized for his denials of my heart, we spoke of friendships and adventures past. He asked about my familiar ties, if I had found solace.  Then we spoke of the planes, the things we've done, sights we've seen.  He found himself confused about the details of the planar map. I begun to draw the spheres in a diagram. He roared all of a sudden, and my spine was then fractured."  6. "What did he say after that?"  "Multitudes is muttered, tearing the mask of my lover."  7. "Why was he confused about the details of the planar map?"  "I listed some of the prime worlds who are better known, one of them must have been an unfavored one.  Yet we never visited them for long, our adventures always just passed right along."  8. "Which prime did he appear not to favor?"  "There are Krynn, Mystara, Ortho and Oerth which are not the same.  Eberron, Athas, and Toril, the bipolar realm.  Everyone knows the cosmopolitan Sword Coast, or the Valley of Rashemen.  Me I preffer the Shou Lung Empire, it's more to my taste.  9. "Why did those prime worlds upset him?"  "I do not know why he would grow mad, I was betrayed and stabbed right after the mention of Toril's eastern lands."  10. "Did a specific comment about the Shou Lung Empire set him off?"  "I mentioned the many kingdoms and societies of the Prime Material Plane.  The lands of the nine dragons suddenly made his hands shake.  I could tell he was upset so I moved on.  I never knew Lelenthial visited Toril, let alone Shou Lung."
*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

Namer Baat delivers a brief report to the officer at the desk, describing her journey through Hive Ward and Undersigil, and a meeting with Altair Tsaryov at The Wild Side, in search of new information on the subject of the Skin Slasher, but regrets to inform that nothing new has been gleaned.
*Taurus Daggerknight

Dace reads over Namer Baat's brief report before penning sending for the guard at the door. 

"Request the front desk to have Namer Baat know that I wish to speak with her regarding her last mission." 
*Taurus Daggerknight

Bureaucracy being what it is, there are the occasional delays in files being processed. One day, the Factor notices such an occasion with the Skinslasher case files. They are promptly re-sent for processing, this time on the metallic wings of the very obsessive 1200x4B0.  

[Case concluded a while back]
*DigitalDragoon

Posted by *DigitalDragoon »

Process:[Process Documentation] has run.
No errors reported.
This unit has completed task:[Send Files for Processing and Archival Storage] assigned by unit type:[Factordrone] designation:[Dace Andor].
The File subject:[Skin Slasher] has been archived in accordance with Mercykiller policy.
-Unit type:[Namer] Unit designation:[1200-0x4B0]