Iron Golem

*Damiarch

Posted by *Damiarch »

An Iron Golem has been spotted around Sigil, Painted to look like Red Death Armor.
It has been spotted once or twice in the prison itself and quite a lot in undersigil.
*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

((sorry for the lateness of this... been busy))

After seeing the golem in the prison now and then, Dace would inquire at the desk who it is and what unit its from.
*Damiarch

Posted by *Damiarch »

The Cutter at the Desk replies..

Aye that big lout has been in here and signed into the duty rosters.
It only made a fist print on the roster for its name.Seemed like it wasn't to smart.
*gives a description of the golem Ferrus Oremade*(player account Jdamiarch)

Oh...oh,Barmy me 'es not attached to any unit yet.
*Taurus Daggerknight

Dace frowned at that. "No unit? So who is he reporting to, and whose assigning his tasks? In fact, what -is- his current assignment?"
*Damiarch

Posted by *Damiarch »

The Cutter at the desk flips through a few papers.Apparently his wizard controller fell in the Blood war,and the lout came back 'ere out of habit.We can get him back in here and reassigned if need be.Though bonding a golem to a new master..well thats tricky.
*Taurus Daggerknight

"This master.... Do we have a name and rank yet?

Before we get around to assignments or binding of any sort, we'll need to assess the fellow. The last thing we need is an potentially unstable golem going berserk while flashing Mercykiller badges and banners. Call him back to base and let me know when he's in. Have him wait in the courtyard...and please give me any files on his previous owner that we have."

He nods politely and thanks him for his help.

*Damiarch

Posted by *Damiarch »

The desk clerk grumbles softly to himself.

Needle in a haystack quest this is.Ill be slagged if'fn I can figure out who this bloody golem belonged to.
About that time the golem Ferrus comes into the office,Having missed Dace by a matter of moments.

The desk clerk looks up."Well Cutter you are a source of a lot of my trouble today,We need to find out where you came from and who your master was"

The Golem touches part of its forearm and a small compartment opens,a broken,bloodstained rod is removed,The golem holds it out to the desk clerk.

(The rod is about 3-4 feet in length,broken cleanly into two parts,dormant runes adorn the rod.It was clearly magical before it was broken)

The desk clerk warily looks at the rod,not quite knowing what it is or can do.
We can have that looked at and perhaps repaired for you ,but we need you to wait in the courtyard.
The golem,tucks the rod back into its compartment and heads to the courtyard, of course it starts to rain then, the drops hitting a static barrier dissapatting in a flash.
*Taurus Daggerknight

Dace went strieght for the office space being used for the Abramelin project, right to a desk where he began jotting a list down while signaling Brynn over.

"Get to the Siren and brings these volumes over please. Need to cross check a few things in the day. Meet me in the courtyard once you have them."

After getting his other filing tasks in order, he ventured back to the clerk, inquiring after the files on the previous owner once more. With or without them, he continued to the courtyard, reviewing as he went along till he came up to the golem itself.

Before speaking to it, he tried to discern if there were any other magical effects over the metalic form.

((do you want a spellcraft and lore check for these things?))
*LadyLightning

Posted by *LadyLightning »

Brynn snaps off a quick salute. "Yes Sir. Oi'll return shor'ly."

She accepts the list and starts off toward the Siren, returning to the prison with an
armful of books in a timely manner. She presents the tomes and the list to Justice
Andor, and stands at attention for a few moments.
"Is 'ere anyfing else you need
me for, Justice? Or shall Oi ge' back to my du'ies?"
*Damiarch

Posted by *Damiarch »

Spellcraft and lore of 10 Tell you Without a clue that the rod is indeed a golem control rod

Spellcraft 10 and lore 15 will tell you that the Rod is of an older style probabally 20-30 years prior

Spellcraft 25 and lore 30 will identify one of the runes on the rod as a wizards sigil.

Use of Mercykiller records will grant a +10 lore bonus.Calling in Guvner records will add an additional +10 lore bonus for the final DC 40 lore to tie the wizards Sigil to a specific wizard.

It ties back to a wizard Named Dalian Sornstar.(Made up NPC). Who was assigned to track down a Tanarri who gave the law the laugh.