Fugitive Spotted?

*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

wrote:
Earlier today I encountered a duo of Hezrou and what I assume to be a human wizard, not far from the Prison gate in the Lady's Ward. One of the Hezrou was attempting to goad a fight with me, and lashed out with its tongue in a punching manner. Its companion fiend attempted to reason with it, while I had drawn my blade and demanded it come with me to the Harmonium Barracks or face summary Judgment. However, at that moment a Doomguard company showed up behind me, numbering at least six. One of them I recalled from the bazaar (mentioned in my last report...clearly he has recovered from his stomach infection), while the other was a cowled woman (whom I shall elaborate on later in this report). Being severely outnumbered, I had little choice but to let the fiend on its way. (( a few rewrites of a passage coming up with more defenses are scratched out)) I will accept any disciplinary measures seen fit for my failure to bring the fiend to heel.

Once the fiends had departed, the Doomguard moved on but again happened by the street not long after. This time I pressed for the woman to remove her cowl, voicing my suspicion of her being the fugative from the Hive incident. Naturally, the other Doomguard captain bought her time with banter as she fled the scene, somewhat confirming my suspicion that she is indeed the target. He also made references to how she was a favored member by Factol Pentar herself, suggesting that the Doomguard are making it factional policy to protect the fugitive.

*a description of Varnias garb and equipment follows*

If anyone sees this woman about town, I would advise getting the Harmonium's aid in identifying her. I have seen her in the company of Doomguard troops for a while now, but on occasion she has ventured alone.

Also of note: the Doomguard captain made several direct threats to me, along with a graphic description of how he would have me hanging on their gate with my intestines out as streamers. I'd like some clarification on whether or not I can take this as justification for blasting him to his beloved entropy.

For further information on the matter, consult with Justice Leona, who arrived at the tail end of the incident.

On a different note, I have been informed that the woman Etzy absconded from the bazaar after being asked by the Harmonium to give her account of a murder she may or may not have witnessed. While I would suggest not bringing her in by force, someone will need to talk to her before she gets into actual legal trouble over the matter.

Sincerely,

Justice Dace Andor