Report: Helga And Red Smith

*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

Dace notes down the address details. "This friend who referred you. Name? And where would I find him?"

"How much were you being paid for this? And specifically what gems were of interest to this Helga?"
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

"I'm not ratting out my friend! I mean, Helga, sure, I don't care what happens to her, but I'm not giving you the tools to arrest all my buddies. They didn't do anything!

"I was paid 2000 jink up front, with 2000 more to follow after the job. Helga didn't care which gems showed up in the shipment, I think she just wanted the money."
*Taurus Daggerknight

Dace looks into the mans eyes. "Smith, you do know that the Anarchists in Sigil are identified as terrorists responsable for murder, arson and a list of other crimes, yes? I'd like you to consider how seriously everyone- including the Guvners here- take matters concerning them, and then I want you to consider the fact that your name has come up right next to theirs lately thanks to this "friend" of yours." He leans slightly closer, emphasising his words. "I promise you, "not ratting him out" ends exceptionally badly for you."

He goes back to his folder. "Besides, its really a simple matter of cost here. Your giving me their names costs them and likely gets you off the hook with a few less scratches, where as you not cooperating lets them keep drinking and hording jink while you rot and loose everything till no one even remembers your name."

He prepares his quill again. "So.... who was your friend, and where can he be found?"

During the rest of the interview, Dace would also try to extract:

1) Any other colleagues Red Smith or his contacts spoke to regarding Helga and any other recent deals like the one Helga offered.

2) How and where did Helga plan on receiving the shipment and paying for the remainder of the deal?

3) Was Helga with anyone at her place or anywhere else Red Smith met her?

4) Were any of the miners aware of this deal between himself and Helga?

5) How was Red supposed to sneak the shipment out to Helga from Port Pylon?
*MimiFearthegn

"I'm not an anarchist! My friends aren't anarchists! I don't know any anarchists! Look, here, I'll prove it to you. . I'll tell you everything I know about the deal with Helga.

"I was supposed to pose as the representative of this Ahzar Lim, who owned the mine. I think he's a factotum in the Fated, or something like that. Anyway, I was assured that he wasn't going to check in for another week, but that the miners thought they were supposed to be moving double quick. So it was supposed to be an easy job.

"But then there was this trouble with the mine, and the portal broke down. I sent another message to Helga, and I got one back saying that I'd be getting help. I think that's how you and your friends got involved.

"I only met Helga once, when we made the deal. It was at the Greengage. I got there early, and I saw her talking with another dwarf - no beard, Guvner badge, I think she said his name was Griffon. Anyway, I'd never seen the fellow there before, and I haven't seen him since.

"Anyway, I wasn't supposed to have to sneak the shipment out. I got papers for it and everything. Helga provided them. I guess they were forged, but before you ask, no, I don't know by who. I was just supposed to have it sent to that to an address in the Lower Ward - the building across from the Red Pony, she said."

As Red Smith finishes giving his hurried speech, the Guvner official reappears at the door, and informs Dace that his time is up.
*Taurus Daggerknight

"And where are these documents now?"

He nods to the Guvner who comes in, making a note of Red's last response, then closes up the folder. "I do hope we can do this again some time Red. Try to stay out of trouble till then."

Once out, Dace asks the Guvners for copies of any documents Red Smith had, pointing out that they are directly pertinent to an investigation involving Sigilian matters rather than Mechanus matters if they resist.

Once back in Sigil, he makes a report of everything he's learnt so far and hands it directly to Factor Charae.

((too tired and distracted to type out one, so assume nothing is kept out of it, all of the above is revealed along with any documents provided)).
*MimiFearthegn

Red muttered something about how he doesn't have them anymore, as Dace is ushered out of the room.

The Guvner officials grumble at Dace's request for copies of the documents, but a few more filled out forms later, Dace is in possession of copies.
*Taurus Daggerknight

In addition to his report, Dace attaches another letter:
wrote:
Factor,

With all of the above in mind, I have a few requests to make which I think would help us get to the bottom of the matter.

First of all, I'd ask that you put in a  request for the local Sigilian Guv'ners to tell their Mechanus comrades to transfer Red Smith into our custody. I believe we can still get more out of him, including the identity of his "friend" .

I would also like for someone to investigate the areas identified in the report (Helga's residence, the Greengage) so that we can identify any more Anarchist agents recruiting or preparing for more such dealings.

- Namer Dace Andor
*MimiFearthegn

About a week later, Red Smith is finally transferred to Sigil.