Official Invitation: Rogue Fey, Expedition

*Viann

Posted by *Viann »

wrote:Official Invitation: Rogue Fey, Expedition to Krynn
Notary One, Nica Brianna Kelter

Greetings Mercykillers, I send this invitation to you as it regards the Rogue Fey attacks. We have come across a document among recent incident in the Foul Olde Spirit Inn, this document retains potentially vital information for the case. Conclusive report will be included as an attachment.

The expedition will be setting into a Prime World of Krynn, it will have six members in the end and current roster would appear to be: Notary One Nica (Or other Harmonium member), Aleis d'Cannith, Tess, Altair of Indep, Sign of One Factotum Argent. That means one spot is still open and may be filled with a Mercykiller member.

This journey will be taking place in 3 days time (Aimed for this sunday 6pm 4pm EST). You have two days to inform us of your decision.
wrote: *attached with the invitation letter is the promised report, which has been updated as per her later on discoveries*

Fey Attack: Foul Olde Spirit Inn, Guild & Market Ward
Notary 1, Nica Brianna Kelter

Earlier today an explosion occurred within the Foul Olde Spirit Inn, I arrived after the initial fire had been extinguished. A group of planewalkers had rushed in before me. The inn owner, Muriel, briefed that the inn had been attacked by fiends and some of the patrons and employee was captured, they had left into the cellar. Within the cellar was a large tanar'ri force at the ready to face the attack, vrock and succubus mainly. They were dealt with relatively quickly. The prisoners were no where to be seen, but there was a portal leading to Niflheim.

Following the trail of blood, it took us into an old crypt, there were human bodies that had been around for month or few, seeming to have been a place of operation for a while already. Another fight with fiends started, again no major difficulties. We proceeded further until I heard discussion from nearby room, instructing people to halt and listen in as to learn more. I heard two voices: a male and a female one. The male did not sound content of the location nor about a "deal". The female one said something about deal with the Pale Prince of the winter court. However at this point a planewalker known already to me for several accounts of minor attempts of distracting while on duty, decided to open the door and say "Oh hello". Failure to find out further lead into instant escalation of fighting. Winter Fey and Tanar'ri both attacked us at the very instant.

This fight was substantially harder, but we were victorious. Still no sign of the kidnapped captives, we proceeded onward, following noises nearby. It sounded as if chanting of a spell or ritual was on the way. I issued an order to intercept, though few disagreed with my decision, my rationale stated that our presence was already known and whatever the ritual had been, could've meant the end of us all.

Larger number of winter fey emerged with additional tanar'ri. Their positions were strong and were able to inflict heavy damage to us. We were victorious and only one shadowy fey form remained. Hiding behind some kind of barrier, dead patrons and Rina, an employee of the inn also there, she was still alive. For now. Making a calculated risk, I ordered the barrier to be taken down. It was a mistake, one which we paid heavily. I do not know how long had transpired as I was put unconscious almost instantly the barrier was down. Once I was up, the battle was already over, I still don't know what exactly had transpired inbetween, and as I was about to hold a stern discussion, a fist may've been intended to be involved, the ritual was completed... It was likely to have been caused by one of the planewalkers, a balor and another group of fiends emerged causing further harm. While the balor was defeated, it wasn't entirely put down. It fled with a teleport and is still at large.

The mission to release hostages succeeded only barely. But the mission itself was a failure. However we now know the Fey are aligned with tanar'ri, even if the exact nature of their deal is uncertain. It is believed however that the conditions of the deal has been disrupted at least partially by the death of the Rogue Fey contact among the Tanar'ri. From their body the document requiring translation has been recovered. The document has been written in a cryptic dragonic dialect causing it to be undecipherable without extensive tool believed to be found in the Prime Plane of Krynn.

Harmony through might,

Nica Brianna Kelter, Notary One.
*Madnobody629

Posted by *Madnobody629 »

"I am interested in accompanying you on this expedition.
Justice Rozalina Zarovan"

(I'll be available about 630 EST (I work till 6) on Sunday.)
*Viann

Posted by *Viann »

((There's a change of schedual, it's going to be 4pm EST instead. Sorry about that!))
*Madnobody629

Posted by *Madnobody629 »

//Damn.:(
*Viann

Posted by *Viann »

An informal letter is sent to the Prison, it is an addendum to the previous official invitation.
wrote:An Unofficial Addendum to the Rogue Fey, Expedition
By Notary One, Nica Brianna Kelter

Greetings Mercykillers,

I am approaching you with an informal addition to the expedition. The previous expedition was a success and new discoveries have been brought up as a result of it. Aleis d'Cannith, Argent and Tess are planning to make a new expedition. By the evaluations of Harmonium it has been deemed no imminent threat to the Sigil, but as a token of good will, we share you the opportunity to send expeditionary force to join.

In such a case, I would suggest approaching one of the previous three individuals to discuss your options.