A Message From The Courts

*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

wrote: To our trusted allies from the Mercykillers:

Once again the Triad stands ready to strike out against the forces of Chaos to bring Justice and Law to this town and the planes themselves.

We are looking for volunteers in a high risk, top secret operation and knowing about the expertise the Mercykillers have in hunting down lawbreakers and convicts we want to offer the Mercykillers  tactical command in this operation.

Volunteers should have good infiltration and investigation skills, experience in the field and in planar travelling is a must. Also the tactical commander must be able to cooperate with other Triad members as this mission will be a joint operation between Mercykillers, Harmonium and the Fraternity of Order.

If you feel you have what is required for this mission contact A6 Guunt in Room 154/A/4, City Courts.

<official Fraternity seal>
*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

wrote:
To whom it concerns,

We have received your notice on the mission, and will of course assist to the best of our ability.
Before assembling a roster of Red Death agents however, I would like to know more about this operation. I will arrive tomorrow to speak with  A6 Guunt.

Sincerely,

Justice Dace Andor

OOC: You want to hold the meeting in PM, or in game?
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

An appointment is made and Dace is invited to see Hasclaan in his office.

((we can RP this here but some things might have to be done in PMs))
*Taurus Daggerknight

Dace files a report for his superior, Factor Charae, and for the Factol herself.
wrote:
As you may be aware, a few days ago the Mercykillers were contacted by the Guvners to assist with  a joint operation to acquire certain sensative materials (A key and a tome specifically), and to eliminate a Revolutionary who they claimed was sentenced to death in his absence. They further claimed- once questioned- that a Mercykiller had pronounced the sentence. I am unsure of the validity of this claim at the time, so I would like to request a confirmation regarding this matter.

Either way, one of my Namers (Brynn) and I agreed to answer our allies call, partially for that reason alone and partially to get to the bottom of the case.

The mission took us into the Revolution settlement Bastion of Lost Hope, deep in Carcerie. The Guvs had requested that we infiltrate, locate, interrogate and then assassinate a certain Francis Colt, who was supposedly in possession of a key and the location of a Revolutionary base in Undersigil.

Not only did we successfully find the mark, but thanks to Namer Brynn we managed to capture him alive. He has since been brought back to the Prison for further interrogation and -proper- sentencing.

I want to make a note of a certain Judge by the name Dredd's behavior. He attempted to coerce us into releasing the prisoner to Guvner custody, and attempted quite directly to order Mercykiller agents. Furthermore, the vigor with which he was after this Archive- whatever it truly is- is troubling. Given his conduct I am unsure if it really is a Revolutionary base...something we can confirm once we interrogate the prisoner.

Judge Dredd eventually left after colorfully expressing his displeasure (and attempting to school my subordinate and I in the proper execution of Justice). He seemed to have forgotten to take the items he requested- and that we were willing to relinquish at the time. Until he remembers such, Namer Brynn and I will be examining them for further insights as to what this matter is even about.

We have extended an invitation to A6 Hasclaan to join in on the interrogations. I saw it only fair to do so given that he is the one who requested the operation and has otherwise been cooperative with our procedures.

I am of course available if any further clarification on the matter is required.

- Justice Dace Andor

PS: Judge Dredd was clearly intending to use the Mercykillers as a tool in his schemes, and so it may turn out that the prisoner is innocent at least insofar as the implications of terrorism are concerned. If this turns out to be the case and if our Justicars do not deem the death penalty appropriate (or if it seems none of our members sentenced him at all), I highly recommend pressing charges against Dredd for attempting to subvert Justice by arranging for the mans assassination under the guise of proper sentence.
*LiquidDreamer

Posted by *LiquidDreamer »

The letter is addressed to Factor Charae as well as Swan's Son
wrote: Recently, two of your subordinates, Dace Andor and Brynn, accompanied a member of the Guvners on a matter of extreme importance. They performed the task, extremely well i must add, however they refused to hand over a crucial piece of evidence, the very purpose of the outting.  Not only did they refuse to comply with the courts but they where adament in follow protocol, to the point that is has offended me, the courts, and the Fraternity of Order.

I request that both be reprimanded with a demotion and pay decrease. And reminded that the this mission was to aid the courts not circumvent it with Mercykiller detention.

To the matter of most importance. The Mercykillers have an archive that the Guvners consider most valuable and the is the basis of the series of events that have been arranged by Garen.  It is imperative that the tome is handed over to myself or Hasclaan Gunt as soon as possible.  After speaking with Garen, the prisoner is of no consequence, he may remain in your custody.  However we must have that book, referably sooner rather than later. 

Sincerly,

Judge Dredd.  
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Charae looks over the letters that arrive at her desk. When she reaches the one from Judge Dredd, the dark elf snatches a piece of parchment from her drawer, inks her quill, and writes the following response:
wrote: Judge Dredd,

I hope that this letter finds you well. I was made aware of the guvner's request for Mercykiller aid only recently and would like to thank you for the opportunity for our members to bring Justice to this operation.

I apologize that my subordinate's stalwart dedication to their principles has offended an agent of Law and assure you that actions will be taken in light of this situation.

I will speak with Justice Dace about this incident and return the artifact to you at a time of convenience.

Regards,
Factor Charae
Mercykillers
Charae then picks up two pieces of parcel and writes the following:
wrote: Justice Dace,

It is as you described that this Judge Dredd did not take your last encounter well. He is demanding that you return the tome or whatever artifact he claims you are in possession of. I would recommend you do this. Eventually. Perhaps when you are done studying it.

Regards,
Factor Charae
The dark elf then submitted the paperwork to push Dace and Brynn for promotion to Justicar and Justice, respectively.

*Taurus Daggerknight

Since bringing in the prisoner with Brynn, Dace spent the time examining the anarchist's possessions, particularly the mysterious archive. Unfortunately, nothing concrete came of this. Still... it was no huge loss. The goods were always going to the Guvs anyhow. Dredds tantrum just bought him a little convenient extra time to mull over the events.

Communique's with Hasclaan were also proven right by the initial interviews with the new arrival. By the time these were concluded, a messenger had arrived. After going over it, he turned to his newly promoted apprentice.

"Better keep eyes on the new arrival Brynn... apperantly we're not the only ones smelling something rotten." With that, he gathered the tome and key and set off.
*LadyLightning

Posted by *LadyLightning »

Brynn nods her agreement, having had a similar train of thought herself. There's a grim look
of apprehension on her otherwise soft face, the kind one has before a crucial assignment.

"Oi'll keep an extra close eye on 'im. One ov the bes' fings abou' bein' dead -- Oi don't need
to sleep."

No sooner does she state that intent than does she go to make good on it. As she descends into
the cell blocks, her form shifts and wavers and shrinks into a tiny winged bat, and she begins to
hang upside-down as bats do, tiny talons wrapped around the top of the wrought-iron bars which
secure the cell in which the aforementioned prisoner is being held. If anything seems off in the
area, in this form, Brynn will be able to locate it with pinpoint precision.

(( OOC Note: Bats have Blindsense 20'. ))
*Taurus Daggerknight

Dace returns to the prison a few hours later. Without further ado, he pens the following for the Factors.
wrote:
Factors,

As instructed, I have relinquished the materials our Guvner allies requested (that is, those pertaining to the Francis Colt case). Judge Seph sends his thanks to the faction for our aid.

After I inquired after the trial documents of Francis Colt, he said that these were already sent to our bounty department several months ago, meaning that this particular case has, for whatever reason, been dormant all this time. For this reason, I request that  a Justicar or one of the Factors review the case files so that a final sentence may be be pronounced and executed out without further delay.

In the mean time, Justice Brynn and I will keep  a close watch on him, and begin more thorough interrogations.

Sincerely,

Justice Dace Andor
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

The dark elf sends a request down to the archives for the case records for review.