Project: Abramelin

*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

wrote:
Factor Charae,

As I pointed out yesterday, the Sigilian branch of the Red Death currently lacks a dedicated arcane corps. Needless to say, in the center of the multiverse this puts our forces at a severe disadvantage. Even though a good number of our agents are fully capable of handling magical threats, the presence of a dedicated team would go a long way towards not only improving these agents chances in the field, but also opening avenues that have thus far been unavailable.

To that end, I have began  a project to establish an arcane corps for the Sigilian branch of the Mercykiller faction. Ideally, this unit will provide the following services to the Faction:

1) Fire support for other Mercykiller field teams

2) Arcane investigation and counter spell support for field teams

3) Weapon, armor and artifact enchantment

4) Artifact and spell cataloging and research

I have began a training program that will cover coordinating the supernatural powers of our agents in battle, as well as methods to better merge the arcane craft with traditional martial arts.

Currently, I am working with Namers Malfias and Brynn, both invokers like myself. Although we are starting the project with the same craft, I do not wish to limit it to warlocks and witches. If you  know of any other magically inclined agents whom you think would benefit from the program, please do send them my way. I ask that those sent to me for training be relieved from all duties aside from (if they are new namers still undergoing initiation) basic training and Prison watch hours.

I would also ask that the unit be given a space within the Prison to conduct our research ,enchantments and experiments. If such a space is unavailable at headquarters, then the funds to purchase one within the city (and declare it Factional property) will also do.

It is my hope that by the months end, those in the program will not only be more capable agents of the Red Death on their own, but be able to provide the rest of our forces with a much needed edge when faced with arcane forces or superior numbers.

Sincerely,

Justice Dace Andor

*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

wrote:Justice Dace Andor,

After reviewing reports in regards to this new program, I have decided to approve it. I will want monthly updates on the program's progress and an up to date roster of those enrolled in the program. Those that wish to partake in the program will undergo a brief records analysis to ensure all of their mandatory training is accomplished and that they have the arcane talent the program demands.

I have sent a request to the quartermaster for a space within the Prison near the training area. I would rather keep this project within the walls of the Prison if at all possible.

Regards,
Factor Charae
*Taurus Daggerknight

wrote:
Factor Charae,

We have made some good progress on the training front, thanks in no small part to your own involvement. I would, however, like to request for some arrangements to be made for a series of training sessions in which the warlocks will be teamed with a unit of warriors in the Order  (Justice Rozalina and her unit would be ideal, as she is familiar with our craft and methods). As the main role of the project is to prepare arcane fire support for such groups, we should begin training for as much rather than focusing exclusively on our ability to handle both martial and magical roles.

Sincerely,

Justice Dace Andor
*Taurus Daggerknight

Dace pursed his lips, trying hard to suppress his irritation. An observer would note his failure in this, as vitrolic acid seeped out of the tips of his fingers and greedily ate away at the grievous letter.

Unable to decide if the Factol was illiterate or if she had deliberately misread and misunderstood his specific request, he simply sighed and, lacking any other options, went to look for Justicar Malkhazi as instructed.
*Taurus Daggerknight

A letter is written to Factor Charae, requesting that Namer Crystalis Undren be transfered to his unit.
*SubtleBlade

Posted by *SubtleBlade »

If asked, Crystalis would express interest and a bit of excitement at the prospect of joining Dace's unit.
*Taurus Daggerknight

As the months rolled by and more squads came under his command, Dace split training efforts between himself and Justice Brynn. Eventually, this would include other Justice's who had prior arcane training and had been made ready to better integrate their craft to the needs of the Red Death.

Soon would be the time to expand the program beyond training. To start with, he decided that equipping fellow agents would be a top priority, and so began to review Brynn's reports from the training sessions. From these, he drafted a list of candidates for the new Enchanters squad, along with the order to Brynn.