On The Trail Of The White

*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

Dace let out a breath of relief, glad that the Justicar didn't turn out to be an inquisitor, but instead a mission handler of sorts. Immediately after the meeting, he poured through the folder.

On the surface, this Lusineh matter seemed simple enough. Convicted of mass murder, pleaded insanity, escaped a celestial prison... probably a lot missing about the case. Dace had no doubt that he'd begin to dig up all sorts of reasons for the attacks, stories about how she was really the victim... all of which he needed to learn more about if he hoped to catch this woman.

He spent the next several hours reviewing the dossier, taking note of her relations, places visited, known areas of training, etc...

Once he was through, he rounded up a handful of those he had been training over the last year, dispatching each to the locations noted in the dossier. Although Lusineh herself was sighted in the Astral, he didn't want to take any chances and miss a clue if things changed, or worse, have another town burn because they didn't notice her arrival in time. The disciples were given orders to remain discreet (certainly not identify as Mercykillers unless another crossed their path) and simply keep an eye on the known associates, as well as a lookout for Lusineh herself. They were explicitly ordered not to engage and simply send word if the target was sighted.

One of them was given a different order: get to the Terras prime world, rendavouz with the Red Death naval force and return with Namer Brynn.

As the eyes were dispatched, he made ready to travel to the last known port this "White" was seen in...
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

The spies sent to Ecstacy to watch Lusineh's friends reported back to Sigil that her friends had recently received a message from out of town (from the Astral, no less) that seemed to dismay them greatly.
*Taurus Daggerknight

Dace asks the agents if they managed to get the letters specific contents.

Once he's done debriefing the agents, he heads into his office. On the way, he finds Brynn.

"Lets get this over with Justice. Bring the new arrival up to the office, we'll question her there. No need to stick her in a torture chamber just yet." He pauses. "Though, keep some guards outside just in case... "

While she goes about that, he looks over the file again, trying to find even the most vague mention of the elf man from Reflection, or any hint of her condition as they witnessed in the field.

*LadyLightning

Posted by *LadyLightning »

Brynn would have been spending a lot of her time off-duty holed up in the Siren, taking
advantage of the various occult texts in the helm room's miniature library. She's going
through anything she can find on curses, shadows, and documented incidents of witches
losing control of their powers in the past, searching for anything that may shed light on
the current situation.

Even in the prison halls, where Dace finds her outside of Lusineh's cell, waiting, watching
and guarding, she has a book under her arm, which she presumably is keeping for perusal
during her lunch break. It's bound in black leather with a title on the spine in gilt lettering,
'Curses and Counter-Curses: The Witches' Reference Guide to Hexes Obscure.' She looks
up at the familiar voice and salutes with her free hand.

"Roigh' away Sir. Oi'll ge' two ov the Namahs for backup, an' we'll move 'er up to your office."

No sooner does the sentence leave her lips, than does she turn her gaze towards a passing
pair of rats, subjecting the tiny rodents to her vampiric will. As the rats clamber up onto her
lap with a cacophony of noisy squeaking, Brynn scribbles a pair of quick notes, rolls them up,
and ties one to each rat's left hind leg with a scrap of twine.

"Go. Scour the halls, and give these notes to the first guards you see."

The rats scurry off and are soon replaced by two dutiful Namers, who would flank Lusineh
on either side during the move, one taking hold of each of the suspect's biceps as Brynn
directs them toward Dace's office...
*Taurus Daggerknight

Once she is brought into the office, the two guards are motioned to wait outside. Once the door is shut, he motions for Lusineh to take a seat.

He glances over the file he was reviewing earlier, saying nothing for several minutes. After letting the silence hang, he slides it over to Lusineh.

If she looks over it, she would find that it contains accounts and records of her "known" crimes and her trial. ((sensative parts that can't possibly have been known by her were naturally removed before hand)).

After she's gone through a couple of pages, he speaks. "Its rubbish, isn't it?"
*MimiFearthegn

There was only one other mention of the mysterious figure in the previous records - and that is an offhand comment from one of the survivors of the massacre. He said that he'd seen someone with Lusineh as she rained down destruction on the village, right before he turned and fled. But since it wasn't collaborated by anyone else, it had been disregarded as unimportant by the previous investigator.

There's quite a bit of literature to search through regarding witches, warlocks, possession, curses, and whatnot on the Siren. You'd almost think the owners were obsessed with the subject. Most of said books are also very discouraging on the subject of cures.

Lusineh stares at Dace and Brynn rather dully, and then looks down at the papers in front of her in silence. She replies to Dace's question in a very tired voice without really looking up:

"No, its true."
*Taurus Daggerknight

"The whole truth? That makes our jobs easier then.... are you sure you have nothing to add to it? The state we found you in seemed to suggest otherwise. Care to shed any light on that?"
*MimiFearthegn

"Easier?" She managed a smirk.

"The easiest thing would have been to leave me where I was, no? I would have been in Carceri in a day, and you'd never have had to worry about me again. But no, you brought me here. You brought it here. I think you're likely to have made your jobs a great deal harder for it.

"The whole truth. . . what more do you want? Detailed descriptions of how everyone in the town died? How dozens of burning corpses smelled? Yes, people are dead. Yes, it was my hand that killed them. You should have left me alone. I would have ensured it wouldn't happen again. But no, you had to meddle and bring your 'justice' into it."
*Taurus Daggerknight

Dace cuts off her rant with a raised hand. "You know exactly what I want to know about miss. Stop wasting my time with your self righteous and self pitying babble. It neither helps you nor us.

"My justice" as you put it so eloquently, is to find out who or what is at the root of all of this, because everything we have seen and heard suggests there's more than your malice at work.

Oh, and "it" ? Yes, we've dealt with "it" for the time being, though perhaps you should elaborate on "its" nature before we have another episode."
*LadyLightning

Posted by *LadyLightning »

Brynn stands dutifully by Dace's side, ready with parchment and quill, to take
down whatever testimony Lusineh the White is willing to give. She's put on her
most solemn expression, as she's found solemn contemplation to be common
among the remorseful.

Whether this one would turn out to ~be~ remorseful, Brynn can't rightly say,
much less whether Lusineh was even acting according to her own will. The one
thing that ~is~ certain is that, whether due to Lusineh's malice a grievous lack
of mental fortitude, the blood of an entire gate town stains that pair of hands
on the other side of the desk, and that is a crime for which Justice must be
served.

It's only a matter of how much Justice gets heaped on Lusineh's plate.