Fey Incursion Situation

*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

After the unexpected encounter with a certain Unseelie, Dace returns to the Prison and pens the following orders:
wrote:
Mercykillers,

All agents stationed in the Lady's Ward should be aware that a threat has been made against the Illdesserin estate. However, due to the nature of the threat, only agents specifically ordered by myself or Factor Charae are to deploy to those grounds in an effort to secure the area with our Harmonium allies.

Justicar's and Justice's who were keen to assist may speak with me privately over the matter, but until then you are NOT to dispatch your troops.

Justice Prevail,

Factor Dace Andor
The second order goes out to agents Dace himself hand picks and has worked with before. Those agents include Justice Shia, Namer Chelle, Namer Crystalis and Namer Kotaro, among others.
wrote:
Mercykillers,

Those of you reading this are doing so because I know you to be reliable, and more importantly loyal to the cause.

The Unseelie leading the impending attack dropped hints of a traitor among the Harmonium and Mercykillers, seemingly with the order to assassinate Miranda Illdesserin amidst the chaos of the battle. While this is possibly just a ruse to sow doubt and confusion, it cannot be ignored. Nor do I wish for our soldiers to play the Unseelies game by taking the bait of a challenge to battle. Make no mistake; the Unseelie -want- us to charge headlong.

With those points in mind, and to avoid risking boots on the ground, I want Justice Shia and Namer Chelle to prepare their golems to patrol and defend the location in conjunction with whoever else happens to be there.  Those of you non-artificial bodies here will remain a little more discreet. Observe the situation as it unfolds, and rely on ambushes instead of challenging the enemy head on. Being the Winter court, fire may be your best bet to chase them out.

In the mean time, I will be moving Miranda Illdesserin to [a glyph is marked here, a kind of encoded word used by the Red Death on occassion].

Should you have any questions or advice on the matter, do not hesitate to approach.

Justice Prevail,

Factor Dace Andor
The location marked by the glyph is the Weary Spirit infirmary in the Hive.

.... which of course is a bogus lead. Should this letter leak out to this potential traitor, and should they attempt to hunt Miranda at the infirmary, they will find no Thayan wizard. Which brings Dace to the third, classified order sent to Justice Rozalina.
wrote:
Justice Rozalina,

I want you to prepare a special force and head to the Weary Spirit Infirmary. You are to secure the perimeter and inside, evacuate any patients before hand and lay in wait. The last order I sent out suggests that a certain VIP by the name Miranda Illdesserin will be moved there. I fully expect that order will fall into the hands of potential traitors, and expect them to make a move there.

You will greet them in a manner befitting the standards of the Red Death.

Invite them home if possible, but let them burn if they offend too much. Collateral damage is acceptable as long as they drop.

I suggest you take Namer Talia with you for this one. She has some skill in shadow tactics.

Good luck, and Justice Prevail,

Factor Dace Andor
*WhenWizardsWar

Posted by *WhenWizardsWar »

=Excerpt from mirandas biograph posted here for relevance, and consider the letter to be an actual in character letter to the mercykillers=

"Siege"

She wanted to go home, she wanted to flee to her husbands enclave in the dragons reach, let the fey try and rip her from the protective walls filled with powerful red wizards and all of their slaves, servants and magical powers arrayed against them.

The number of Fey deaths would be one for the history books, no one would deny that, however such a course would come with a very high cost and even she would be hesitant to pay such a price.

Still...she was going to keep that course of action open as a last resort.

She finally decided to ink several messages to the powers that had reached out to her, which she secured to squad of homunculi which she released from the top of her tower to carry the missives to the interested parties.

The missive simply states.

"As much as I am inclined to stand my ground and defend my home I have realized that the situation aligned before me is something that even I cannot deal with alone and I am deeply in debt to everyone who has reached out to offer assistance your care and concern have not gone unnoticed by any means. I will meet with those of you who have contacted me to discuss your ideas but understand that I will be taking my own precautions. My tower is off limits for now and anyone trying to set foot inside with out me will be violantly met with spell and steel defenses. In addition, despite the urge to keep a low profile when setting out to meet with those in question, I will be accompanied by my personal guardians at all times, this is non negotiable.

Send your retinues to the tower when you are ready to meet with me".

The note is not signed.
*Madnobody629

Posted by *Madnobody629 »

"Consider it done, Factor."

Rozalina bowed slightly, before drawing her cloak around herself and stepping back into the shadows,vanishing as she did so. It was one of those theatrical touches that she found harder to resist the older she became. She knew she should try harder..it could get her in trouble one day.
Oh well,she mused. At least she hadn't gotten to where she thought simply reversing her name would work as an alias.
Traitors....well, she thought. One simply cannot have that.
Miranda Illdesserin....she had never particularly noticed the Thayan Witch that much..she had vague memories of her being some sort of merchant in the Bazaar. Perhaps they had spoken a time or two,perhaps not. Still....
A proper trap must have proper bait. Her first move would be to make contact with the current leadership of the Weary Spirit. A sudden evacuation would be noticed, and could spook the prey. No,she mused...some suggestions perhaps to the leadership, the transfer of patients to other infirmaries in order to conduct...renovations, yes..renovations. That would remove the non combatants while indicating to the canny that perhaps the timing was a little..too convenient without screaming setup. Setting traps,she mused, was a lot like seduction. Hints and insinuations often worked better than blatant displays.
She would empty the spirit, she decided..and then she would find a convincing body double. How difficult could it be? all she needed were a few whispers of a red robed woman hiding out to bait the line. Then she would wait.
She penned a quick missive.

"Namer Talia. Your presence is requested. Report to me at your earliest convenience.

-Justice Rozalina Zarovan".
*Ariella

Posted by *Ariella »

(((There is a little delay on the siege of the tower due to real life stealing away an important PC, I will update with a time soon)))

Scouts guarding the portals would report a large fey delegation arriving in the city, There appears to be six Summer knights, four spring druids and a large elven warrior in green and gold armor who is followed by a large dragon with iridescent scales that reflect a deep purple and Butterfly like wings of platinum.

Seelie PC's: This large elven warrior is known as Ohtar The Dragon Knight and his mount Vynnetia a fairy Dragon. Othar is a member of the Summer court granted eternal life due to his service to the Queen in battle against the Unseelie. He was said to have been born on the same day as Vynnetia and the two have shared a special bound their entire life. Unlike a typical fairy dragon, Vynnetia never shy's away from battle when at the side of Ohtar and holds a more fierce nature mimicking her counter part. It is said when fighting the pair work in perfect unity making them a deadly force. Although they are still young by fey standards and are not nobility they are respected as warriors of the Seelie.

The group make their way through the clerk's ward unless stopped