Report: Dimensional Assailants

*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

A report is filed by the Mercykiller Dace Andor. A copy of it is also made and sent to the Harmonium and Guvners to keep them informed.
wrote:
In response to  a case of attempted assassinations conducted by a strange breed of half mechanical, half organic beings, a Guvner Administrator - with the help of the Doomguard and Harmonium- located and secured a portal to an unknown plane or pocket plane. The gate was held in the Astral port town of Dead God. I joined a band of adventurers who, on request, went into the portal to investigate this supposed source of the attacks.

I was unable to discern if we had arrived in a fortress or some large vessel, but it was a large super structure filled with very advanced machinery and charged with otherwise contrary energies, most prominantly POsitive and Negative flows. At the heart of this bastion was a massive core of some kind, a conduit that forced these otherwise opposing powers to merge together and redirect them towards other parts of the installation.

The entire facility seemed to be dedicated to the creation of more of these "golems" (if they can be called such). In our reconnaissance, we discovered the followeding chambers:

1) Staging Area: This chamber contained several rigs and portal arches. Presumably it is where they launched their attacks from.

2) Core Chamber: The aformentioned conduit. We used it to destroy the facility as we left by overloading its power store units.

3) Forge: Manned by an unidentified and possibly artificial being resembling a homunculus. Its where they create a new kind of alloy out of morgoth iron and true steel. Rather than using traditional water as a cooling agent in the forging process, a mixture of fiendish and celestial blood was employed. Samples of this mixture have been recovered for furhter study. 

4) Organic Incubation chamber: Unsure if this was its function, but its the best guess. The room was filled with large tanks containing unformed (or deformed?) organic beings with some mechanical componants fused into them. We destroyed the chambers contents, though the adventurer Moon managed to recover one intact specimen, which was granted to the Guvners (to my knowledge, confirmation needed).

5) Artificial Incubation Chamber: Smaller than the Organic chamber, but seemingly serving a similar purpose. We did not spend enough time in this room to discern more.

6) Surgical Lab: Chamber was used to contain and experiment on prisoners, as well as harvest their blood and other body parts. We managed to rescue three survivors; an alu fiend, a hezrou and a ghaele. I did not speak with either of them outside of the mission, but the adventurer Scarlet may know more.

There was one more oddity about the base and its denizens; a sense that those within were from other planes and, according to Scarlet, times. The truth behind this strange impression has yet to be revealed. 

If any other teams find themselves in bases of a similar kind, be aware that the walls are lined with maintenance and security golems. Anyone exploring these places must be alert at all times and not travel alone.

On a final note, we discovered that this unknown enemy intends to dispatch material harvesters (for ore, organics or both) to the following planes in the near future:

45v67 (identified as a Prime world. Request Guvner translation of the name and information on the plane)

jop9  (identified as a Prime world. Request Guvner translation of the name and information on the plane)

Lunia (First Layer of Celestial).

A plane identified as the 446th layer of the Abyss.

I'd like to request the Triad dispatch expeditionary parties to these worlds at locations where the identified materials could be easily found.  We should be able to intercept any raiders and learn more about this menace.

-Justice Dace Andor
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

An answer to this arrives soon.
wrote: Justice Arndor,

I thank you for your quick and diligent report. 

We are working closely with our Triad allies and some selected contacts from other factions as well and as I write this lines the Fraternity is working on analyzing the construct recovered from this facility.

While we hope to have results soon we have the Fraternities permission to send our own researchers to reinforce their team so if you desire to join this effort report to Namer Glman for the proper documents

The information given about that planes chosen for harvesting are very accurate and the codes identifying the Primes are standard internal Fraternity codes which is unsettling for the Guvner in charge of this research.

There are also four witnesses and former targets for this Golems held in Harmonium protective custody but we expect them to be send home again soon.

Your suggestion to send teams to the planes mentioned is a good one and we will explore this course of action.

Zar, Justicar, Mercykillers

*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

Dace sends the Justicar a response.
wrote:
Justicar Zar,

First of all, thank you for forwarding the information. I will do as instructed and accquire the neccisary documentation before proceding.

Also, at the risk of sounding like a paranoid witch hunter, have we considered the possibility of either rogue guvner involvment or infiltrators? I ask becuase the use of Guvner codes for world names is a very strange coincidence, and as you may recall, there -is- a precedent of  planer assailants operating from within the Triad.

In any case, the Harmonium have provided me with some of the information they have uncovered in the course of their own response and investigations to the recent incidents. Unfortunately, a part (and I feel its the important part) has been censored out. I have attached the document for your review, and would appreciate any further advice on the matter. In the  mean time, I will contact the Harmonium again and attempt to gain access to the omitted sections of the dossier.

Sincerely,

Justice Dace Andor
Once he sends the letter out, he seeks the Namer mentioned in the last letter.

After acquiring the requisite documents, he pens a letter to the Harmonium officer.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The documents needed are already prepared for him, a few simple signatures are all that is needed to give Dace access to the Guvner's research team.

A few hours later a response arrives:
wrote: Justice Arndor,

the use of internal Fraternity codes is just one part that is troubling. You have been cleared to  access the full version of the file you forwarded. It wil answer some questions.

Zar, Justicar, Mercykillers