Recruit From The Hive

*Toxic Honey

Posted by *Toxic Honey »

On the scheduled enlistment day following the battle of the salt plane, a woman in ragged leathers and concealing hood shows up among the candidates. Upon being told to remove her hood, she hesitates and almost leaves, but gulps and does as she is told instead. Shaky, thin fingers pull back her hood over a pair of horns, grayish-blue skin marked with ugly scars, a clean bald head, and violet eyes. When only her name is asked instead of the reaction she was expecting, she clears her head of anxiety and answers.

"Aye mate, tag's Chelle Glover. I ain't like my folks. No stickin my fingers where they don't belong 'n I ain't never bobbed nobody. Wanted to see if you wanted bashers like me. Ain't just lookin for a kip either. Nah, I always earn my keep. Always have."
*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

"And just what kind of basher are you?" Comes a voice from the courtyard stairs.

If Chell turned, she'd find a long coat clad human in a tricorn walking down, open folder in hand with his eyes gazing over its contents. He approaches the front desk, finally lifting his eyes off the pages and aiming them at her, awaiting her response.

*Toxic Honey

Posted by *Toxic Honey »

The Tiefling rogue watches the man walk into the courtyard with her jaw hanging slightly open while she tries to figure out how to respond. Her hands fidget with the pockets of her clothes while she figures out what to do with them.

"Kind that does what she needs to get by. Don't need to get caught at nothin to tell ya I ain't broke no laws, though. Don't plan on it neither after seein...." She skips the rest of that line and moves on. "Seen plenty of dirt in the dark, 'n I figured you'd want someone clean who's seen it all. They all scatter like roaches when you send in a big tinman, but they don't bother to with me, see? 'Bout time some of them got what was comin to them."