A Visit To The Prisons

*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

A whole month had passed since his first request for a meeting with the Mercykiller Factol had been ignored. Of course, someone could suggest he had been the first one doing the "ignoring", as he didn't bother replying to the inquiries on the reason behind the meeting request.
He didn't feel a reply was needed, anyway. His request was simple, it required either a yes or a no, still, he hadn't received either of those.

Only after 30 cycles of utmost silence had passed, he blatantly sent another request, identical to the first one, and when more days passed without a single reply again, he decided that if they wanted to play the ignoring game with him, he would have given them the chance to do so in his face.

With his usual staid demeanour, he walked through the Prison's main gate to the large waiting area, stopping in front of the desk with a small nod of greeting to the officer behind it.
Then, as if he hadn't already sent two letters requesting exactly the same thing, he quietly stated his intentions in a polite but resolute tone.

"Factor Aidan of the Fated. I am here to request a meeting with Factol Nilesia."
*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

As Rhistel speaks with the man at the desk, Dace comes out of his office with some haste, evidently preparing to head elsewhere. He stops however, as he notices the familiar Fated factor.

"Rhistel? Timing.... was just talking about you yesterday. And was supposed to tell you that your meetings on, but with Factor Charae."

He walks around the front desk, heading to the door while speaking with Rhistel. "Dare I ask what this is about anyhow?"
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

He looks up as Dace exits the office and nods at him.

"Greetings, Justicar. That is quite the timing indeed... I wondered if I was just addressing the wrong Prisons, for a moment" he replies quietly, sneering a little at the last words.

He turns to follow the other as he moves toward the door and then raises a brow at the information he gives him. Without commenting the first part of the sentence he shrugs slightly, walking to follow the other.

"I suppose I can indeed amuse you... alas, I am not sure that would change the fact that this meeting seems to be destined to fail before even taking place..."

((follows in game))
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

After a brief chat with the Justicar, Rhistel left the Prisons again.

In the end he indeed managed to get a -date-... just with the wrong woman.
He sighed slightly at that.

That's fine. I was ready to face the Factol, after all, can't be that worse... can it?

He would have discovered soon.
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Factor Charae sends a message to the Factol's staff to request an appointment with her.
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

The factol's secretaries eventually get back to Charae with a date and time for their meeting.

//What times are good for you? I tend to work in the evenings US time, and am free in the late mornings.
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

More, many more cycles had passed, and Rhistel this time had decided to not press the subject further, resorting to quietly wait for news. News that apparently did not arrive, even after another whole month.

He had thought that matter was of some importance, but probably this opinion was not shared by the Red Death's Factol, or whoever took the decision in her stead at the moment... and he surely wasn't interested in wasting more of his time trying to have them change their mind.

In the end, the Duke was right when he didn't consider trying this option before: he clearly had foreseen the results... and letting him try anyway came at no cost, so... well, one could say no harm was done in the end.
If you didn't consider time wasted as harm, of course.