Report: Battle In The Salt Plane

*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

wrote:
Factol and Factors,

I am pleased to report that the battle against the cult of Kakos Kruphai in the Salt Plane saw the Sigilian Coalition force victorious. Although casualties on the ground were significant, they were still under projections by both our own projections, as well as the Harmoniums. Both Triad divisions performed admirably, and stood firm in the face of a vastly larger enemy force. 

A large number of factionless planewalkers also joined the defense, volunteering to lead the counter charge and hold the line alongside (and in coordination with) our forces. While I do not have all of their names on hand, our officers are compiling a list of those confirmed to have been present. I suggest we as a Faction organize some form of compensation to these individuals so as to ensure their cooperation in future endeavors. ((list will  be provided when I get home))

Although the camp defense was going well, midway into the battle we realized that the enemy was performing their final ritual some distance away instead of at our location, and was possibly using their own forces as sacrifices. Realizing this, we coordinated an attack on the enemy position between the Doomguard Chaos Ship, the Harmonium ground forces and the Daele sword bearers, carried into the heart of the base by the dragons Qorxicotl, Junathoraxis and Stormfire.

This final assault is where the bulk of the Harmonium casualties were suffered, but between their efforts and the attack by the Doomguard vessel on the opposite flank, enemy ground forces were distracted from our arial infiltration, so we reached the target without issue. Once within sight, we found that special agent Tarmikos had successfully infiltrated the enemy camp and set off some form of explosives earlier. This seemed to have cleared out most of Kakos Kruphais innver circle, leaving him and a mere three guardians vulnrable. The demipower was then cut down without further interference, and his staff (Suspected to have been the key to releasing Kruphais master), was destroyed by the three dragons.

With the handful of cultists survivors quickly scattering and their god dead, the threat they posed to both Sigil and the planes at large seems to have ended. Further more, reports are coming in of Mnemur scrolls having vanished shortly after the battle, so its safe to assume that the legacy of Mnemur and Kruphai has ended.

I would advise that all currently ongoing cases involving crimes comited under the influence of the Mnemur scrolls be dismissed,  lest we allow further injustice to be committed under Kruphai's shadow. Furthermore, we should move for a motion to have the worship of Kakos Kruphai outlawed within Sigil and and any Sigilian faction holdings, lest we risk Kruphai returning or being succeeded by another.

A final word of warning; The Titan Kakos was attempting to release has not been seen or heard from. Our hope is that we were successful in preventing its escape, but we should remain alert and continue researching the matter to confirm its fate.

Sincerely,

Justicar Dace Andor
Several pages of the specific casualty figures, supply counts and pull out schedule are included with the report.