Looking For Work

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

It was early morning, shift change at the prison had just passed and the daily routines of the Prison began like clockwork. Being the public area of the Prison, it was fairly busy. People entered and exited on various reasonsÂ… visiting, bail, release, deliveries, etc. Sully made his way through the small busy crowd to the bulletin board that was accessible to the public. Here listed the majority of public bounties. Most of them small things that the Mercykillers didnÂ’t care to put a lot of effort into due to the insignificance of the crime or punishment. Collections on debts, pending fines, minor crimes and such, nothing overly valuable or worthwhile to odd independent professional who would come to the prison looking for work. So it was time to take a different approach. He stood in line to speak to the man in charge at the front desk. After several minutes, he finally stood at the counter.

“Name’s Sully, here looking for work… better paying than what’s on that board back there. I’m interested in the files usually kept behind the counter for the professional contractors” he said with a smile. “Who do I need to see in respect to those?”
*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

(( ... public bounty board in the Prison ? Faction board screaming out that any crime is too insignificant? I'm... very confused, but will wait on the DM...))
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

((Yes… the board in most every ‘old style’ law enforcement building that is covered with wanted posters and reward posters. Also, I doubt the MK’s are going to dump a large amount of resources into stalking and hunting minor tax cheats and whatnot. These would be for those with the time to waste for a few jink reward))
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

There was indeed morning excitement in the Petitioner's Square outside the gates of the prison. Some unfortunate soul was being hung - to the glee of the crowd. Once inside the prison gates, however, the atmosphere was decidedly more. . . grim. . .the public waiting area was unnecessarily dark and dismal, and the presence of visitors was immediately noticed by the guards.

The receptionist greeted Sully as he approached the counter, and listened to his request before replying -

"You may have mistaken us, sir. We are not at present hiring independent contractors. I suggest you apply to one of the mercenary guilds or check the wanted posters in the Bazaar."
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Sully smiled and considered the words a moment. “I know that not all outstanding warrants up for bid make the public boards. Time to time there comes a fugitive that needs to be taken care of, if even discreetly, and for whatever reason, word gets out… even unofficially. Not implying that the Red Death can’t always get their man but, now and then, sometimes they need a little help. That’s where I, and my mates, come in. We can give you a little help… for the right incentive. You get the satisfaction that knowing Justice is done and we get paid for making you satisfied. So, am I still to walk away empty handed or am I possibly going to help you solve some problems?”
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

The receptionist gave Sully a truly baleful look, and made a few notes.

"Are you suggesting skirting the law to a member of the Triad, sir? You may wish to leave while you are still able to do so."
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

"Actually, no. All contracts I take are legal contracts... but I'm sure you guys always get your man so good luck with that."

Nods and departs.