Mobilization

*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Upon hearing of the latest SIGIS article, Factor Charae takes it as a sign to make preparations for the upcoming operation. Having briefed a number of Justicars and Justices of the situation, she sends words out for troops to be recalled to the Prison and a task force to be organized for the coming operation.
*Cenpuppie

Posted by *Cenpuppie »

Chari arrives at the prison, dressed in her casual clothes and requests to speak with a Dace Ardner if he is at the prison. If not, she leaves a note with Swan's Son to have him meet her at the barracks.
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

The recalled troops return to the prison as soon as possible. Soon the place is filled with soldiers preparing for the confrontation on the plane of Salt.

Chari is informed that Factor Charae is handling the attack coordination, and that Justice Andor is currently on another related mission.
*Cenpuppie

Posted by *Cenpuppie »

After being told that Dace is not around, Chari asks to speak with Factor Charae instead
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Charae was found speaking to a couple of Justicars in the courtyard as they surveyed the number of personnel being assigned to the assault on Salt. The dark elf heard Chari approach and turned to regard her, offering the paladin a small smile.

"Measure Chari, it is good to see you," she said, "I'm glad to see my request for you to take part in this mission was considered."
*Lucereflame

Posted by *Lucereflame »

archer would step free from the shadows of the courtyard and approach giving a polite bow without saying a word
*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

Dace reports back to the Prison roughly a week after departing for the Nexus, making the following report for Charae.

wrote:
Factor Charae,

We returned from the Nexus just yesterday. No casualties among the team, which included:

- Factotum Quinn (Society of Sensation)
- Namer (?) Argent (Sign of One)
- Namer Kar- (the word is scratched out) Gray Vizier (Athar)
- Altair (Free League)

Entering the Nexus proved more difficult than last time, and injuries in our respective dreams did carry over to the waking world this time. Again, we are all well regardless.

The Nexus was guarded this time by some kind of manifestations. Though their appearances were mostly humanoid or simply tentacles, I suspect these are the same aberrations that attacked Tors Edge. As we fought past them, we attempted to destroy the dream book of Anigot (the vampiric high priest of the cult), with the hopes that it will either sever him from Kruphais influence or kill him. We will find out one way or another at the battle itself. We also destroyed a scroll with a mnemur scroll location on its page.

We also once again attempted to buy some time by editing Kruphais dream book, but we fear the  deity has wisened up to that trick. HIs log did suggest he was in the plane of shadows at the time though. As you may have gathered from that, no, we did not succeed in locating and assassinating him. However, we did find another powerful being that evidently was serving his will. This creature was killed, at which point the library started to collapse on itself. We left the place via a portal that took us to a ritual site in Ash- the first of all the marked planes, which according to the cults scriptures, completes the sequence before Salt.

Strangely, while we were there, we heard Kruphais voice, far more agitated than we'd heard it before. He claimed that we'd "pay for that". What "that" is we're not certain. We can only hope that the thing we neutralized in the Nexus was what kept him bound to that place, and so maybe our secondary objective of cutting off his power has come to some fruition.

I will answer any further queries in person. Till then, I'm ready and able to join the final push in Salt.

- Justicar Dace Andor

*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

Dace enters the prison, his cloak and shoulder pads still caked with the salt planes gifts, immediately summoning the Justice's under his command. They are given orders to mobilize their squads immediately and venture to a given location, and are advised to equip their people with either wards or suits to resist the salt storms.

Their primary objective is to secure and hold the site with the aid of the local brime guardian. A Secondary objective is to scout for the Kruphai cults agents, disrupt their supply lines or slow them down any other way they can (as well as either rescue or kill those they are bringing in as sacrifices... preference to rescuing, killing if that is the only option). They are also to regularly report back to Sigil on the cults status and alert headquarters when the full force of the enemy is on the march.

A report is also filed for Factor Charae.

wrote: Factor Charae,

With the help of some free planewalkers (whose names are bellow), I scouted out the plane of Salt for signs of the enemies progress. We came upon a forward camp, which was quickly overrun by some kind of brime elementals. These beings attacked the camp under the direction of a Guardian- or a wierd- that was defending a spot she is convinced will be the site of the final ritual. I am fairly certain that she is correct, and so advise that we plan around this place being the site of our stand.

She also affirmed the following:

1- the Signers are wrong, and that the scrolls are not pieces of Mnemur, nor will Mnemur ever be reborn.

2-  She is certain of her own doom.

3- That the pool she guards will be the site of the final ritual.

4- there are mere days left.

5-  She described Kruphai as just being "but a shade", and that his Master's shadow "stretches wide". This master, we determined, is the brother we learnt of in the books back in the Nexus, and seems to fall in line with the previously discovered plan to either ressurect or release him. He was also described variably as a "Child of night, brother of despair", "Cousin to the Fates and Furies", and finally that some called them "Titans", others "Demons" . Either way, Kruphai himself is most certainly the weaker of the two.

I have already dispatched multiple units under my command to reinforce the enemies target location, and to attempt to harry their forces as much as possible, but we need to mobalize the bulk of our force -now- . I would also request that we deploy the RDS Vanguard for this mission. Finally, you should also alert our allies of the situation, as I imagine they were coordinating their efforts with you while I was in the Nexus.

I intend to head back to the target site and lead our initial defense over the next few days, though I will periodically return to the Cage. The location has been marked on a map in this package.

As for the names of those who aided this recon run:

- Junathoraxus (Bronze Dragon, no Faction, though he is interested inthe Fraternity of Order).
- Namael (Aasimar (half Celestial?) Faction unknown, runs a merchant stall with Evangeline).
-Evangeline (Halfling, Faction unknown).
- Deliang (Race Unknown (Khaasta?) , no Faction )

They have all expressed an interest in aiding in the stand.

- Justicar Dace Andor

PS: I tool the liberty of accquiring a respirator apiratus for you that should help endure the salt storms.  You can pick it up at the Siren's Song if I'm still in the plane of Salt by the time you read this.
A map is provided along with the report, revealing the location and geography of the site from the Sigilian portal in the plane of Salt. Notes detailing elevations, pathways and encountered enemy camps are also noted.
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Charae felt confused when she read the Justicar's report. She had believed the Doomguard had volunteered to scout the area. No doubt she'd hear from the Doomguard about it later.

The dark elf forwards the report to Doomlord Mauric at the Armory and Measure Chari of the Harmonium so that they could brief their forces. She would also send instructions to the merchant Chanan and the Hiromo house so that the two groups would know when and where to meet up with the Mercykiller forces.

Once that was done, she put in a request for the RDS Vanguard and her crew to be prepped for combat and went to oversee the mobilization efforts.