A Notice Sent Out To Namer Leona

*Zadara

Posted by *Zadara »

In-between assignments, the Justicar catches up on faction business, sorts through paperwork. then sends correspondence to the Namer.

wrote: Leona,

Kindly meet me outside Cell Block E three after you check out of duty today.

-Zadara
*Leona

Posted by *Leona »

((Not sure if you want to do this through the forums or try to catch each other in game))

Leona would report to the cell black after her shift was over. She had to admit a certain curiosity as to why the Justicar wanted to meet with her.
*Zadara

Posted by *Zadara »

((Forum is fine for me))

The tall woman wore simple, loose-fitting clothing. Her thin lips broke out into a subtle half-smile as Leona approached. Though she hadn't seen Leona before, she correctly guessed that this was the Namer.

There was a stark dichotomy between the fierce intensity of her grey eyes and the gentleness of the rest of her facial features. Her eye-contact was steady and confident, though not overbearing.

As she spoke, her voice emerged in almost soothing overtones.

"You must be Leona. Well met, I am Zadara." She didn't shake hands but instead offered an understated nod of welcome. "You're obviously wondering why I requested to speak to you." A brief squint and she continues: "I've had a look through the files of late and it seems that you've been quite active. I make it a point to personally get to know promising Namers. I don't want you to be nervous - this isn't some kind of test to judge your character or determine whether you're worthy of advancement in our ranks. A gentle chuckle escapes her lips. Nothing you say here is on official terms. I only wish to discuss matters that I think are pertinent: factioneer to factioneer."
*Leona

Posted by *Leona »

Leona was relatively small for a human. She wore a loose fitting style of armor that seemed to be mostly cloth with just a small layer of chain underneath. Though she seemed to be totally casual it seemed as though her movements were measured as though she was always tensed and aware.

Zadara, a pleasure. She would nod back I must admit some surprise to get your message as I had never expected much notice from a Justicar. Much less one I had never heard of. She couldn't help the small grin that came onto her face for just a moment. Her manner betrayed that she was confident enough not to let something so small rattle her. Her tone came out even and cool And tell me Justicar Zadara what do you find pertinent?
*Zadara

Posted by *Zadara »

"I'll tell you shortly. First, I'd like to know a little about your background. What brought you into the faction, and what exactly is your take on the philosophy? I've spoken to numerous Mercykillers before, and many of them give a response they think I want to hear. Don't do this, let me know what you really think."
*Leona

Posted by *Leona »

"What brought me to the faction was first and foremost those in the faction. I saw they actually stayed true to their goals as opposed to some just using the word of justice to twist to their own desires. If I didn't believe in justice I couldn't have rightfully taken the oath I did, now could I?" She would pause "I do believe the Red Death has the right philosophy, sometimes I wish we were a little less willing to be pushed around by the rest of the triad." She would pause once more to make it seem like she was done before a small grin stuck on her face. "And you know it is rather insulting to imply I would change myself for you."
*Zadara

Posted by *Zadara »

A glimmer of light flickers in the Justicar's eyes and she allows a silence to linger before speaking once more. "I didn't make such an implication nor did I actually expect you to change ....your words... around me. Still, you've been forewarned about using overly diplomatic language with me. I don't like it. As for your smugness, that I do not find abhorrent, in small doses. It's refreshing, actually. " The barest of smirks plays on her lips for a moment.

"With regards to being pushed around, do elaborate. Many new recruits use that kind of language. What is it about our relationship with the other factions of the Triad that you deem capitulatory?"
*Leona

Posted by *Leona »

"Apologies allow me to be more clear." She would take in a deep breath. "Most recently I was involved in an investigation where the Fraternity overstepped their bounds. While the Fraternity members was lightly punished I felt like we accepted this way too readily."
*Zadara

Posted by *Zadara »

“The rules ..as well as the roles of the Triad are there for a reason. Just because some members of a faction mishandle a situation doesn’t mean that its role in the Triad should be diminished, or that we're being pushed around - as you put it. Our enemies would want us to think in this way, to create rifts in our alliance. The Guvners play an important role in the Triad and should keep doing so- despite your bad experience and the Guvner whose reprimand didn't seem like it was enough."

".....Though I’m sure an up and comer as yourself already understood that.” She adds, somewhat skeptically, before changing subject as well as body language.

“I didn’t just call you to here for the scenery. I anticipated this course in our conversation. “ Zadara abruptly motioned over to a prisoner inside one of the cells in the bloc. The tiefling is old and presumably sick as he coughs every once in a while, hacking out a copious amount of sputum. He is dressed in the same prison scrubs that everyone in the cell blocks dons (with exception to the particularly dangerous prisoners). He doesn’t seem to notice the Mercykillers outside his cell, as he sits despondently in one corner rocking back and forth.

"This is a basher named Larezz. He’s sentenced to twelve years in the cell blocs for assisting the Revolutionaries by lying to a Harmonium officer about an investigation.” She bites her lip sternly, and her grey eyes take on a scintillating quality that betrays her anger. “He hasn’t been convicted of anything more, though I suspect he’s more than merely an Anarchist sympathizer.” A breath escapes her lips as she continues. “More than that, his case is of..personal importance to me. You see…. the Revolutionaries were responsible for a firebombing in which a good friend of mine was…. Taken.” Her lower lip quivers ever so slightly . “Of course I thought his punishment should have been greater, and rarely a turn goes by when I don’t think of walking into the cell and beating him to a pulp.” She seems to contain her brief flash of anger and sorrow, retaining her composure. “But the Law is the law, despite our personal views on the matter. Larezz is a constant reminder of placing my duties above my personal squabbles.”
*Leona

Posted by *Leona »

Leona furrows her brow at Zadara, "You assume quite a bit from one comment." She would pause softly, "While I don't agree with the Mercy Killers just laying down and accepting that as we seemed to. I don't begrudge the whole Triad or even the Guvners for that. To do so would be foolish and destroy what I have seen here in sigil."

"While I have members of all of the groups in the triad I don't particularly care for I also have members in all of the groups I consider friends and allies." Leona gives Zadara a sharp look, "So your little demonstration, while a fine showing of justice and dedication, was unnecessary."

"Yes we are already watching that particular one closely."