Professional Courtesy Among The Red Death

*Archangel

Posted by *Archangel »

After asking around the prison to get the name of the namer that interrupted her Kiera sits down to make her report and deliver it to Charae's desk.
wrote:Factor Charae,

As I have been unofficially linked to your command I am bringing this matter to your attention.  I was giving Huntress, whom we both have sought to recruit, a tour of the prison and its lower levels.  As we weren't currently housing any prisoners there I felt it would not be an issue.  I was giving her a demonstration, a mock interrogation in one of the rooms, asking her general questions about herself, when a namer barged in and interrupted.  I later found, through our fellow mercy killers, that his name is Arshes.

He asked what was going on, after showing his badge.  I identified myself as the same.  Thinking to teach the namer a lesson in professionalism, and keep up the demonstration I said that the tiefling was being questioned on a matter I was investigating.  He did not take the hint that it was none of his business, being that he is not my superior.  It was also a poor example of professional courtesy to the guest on the tour.  The namer demanded to see me in the hall.

When we were both out there he proceeded to question my motives, and lecture me on the use of torture without charges.  Then threatened to speak to Swan's Son about it.  I advised he should, and that I would also make a report of it.  At no time did I say I was torturing the tiefling, nor did I say she was charged with anything.  I simply told the namer that I was questioning her, and that it was none of his business why, both of which were true.

If this had been a real interrogation he could have ruined a lot of work with an ill-timed interrogation.  Not to mention, it's no concern of his who I question, when or what for.  I appreciate your assistance with this matter, before he does ruin important work.

Thank you for your time,
Namer Kierisen Shadowshade
Red Death
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Charae read the note and filed it away in a lock box. The dark elf then penned her response.
wrote: Namer Kierisen,

While I understand your intent and enthusiasm in recruiting individuals into the Red Death, I'd ask that you not make a habit out of showing non-members of our faction the layout of the Prison in the future, granted in this particular case I don't have any objection. Bearing that in mind, I do not believe the Namer's conduct was appropriate and will speak with him about it.

Respectfully,
Factor Charae
Mercykillers.