Attack At Khazeets

*Samammish

Posted by *Samammish »

Three weeks. *She states flatly, still standing at the door.* That information should be readily available on record. *Her eyes travel to the greasy-haired fellow next to Charae, and she held back a cringe as they returned to the Factor.*
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Charae motioned Kali to stand three feet from the center of the factor's desk. The dark elf was being patient with the recruit's behavior, but that might shift at any moment.

"I'd like you to elaborate on this report of yours about the bombing and your interaction with Justice Kerisen."
*Samammish

Posted by *Samammish »

*Kali's eyes wandered first from the door to the office itself. It seemed she was carefully examining the office. Her eyes scanned the desk, the walls and the ceiling, as well as any ornaments. This was to such an extent that for a moment Charae might have thought she had an attention disorder. But Kali waited just long enough for Charae to begin having these thoughts though not quite long enough for Charae to have to grab her attention again as she finally made eye contact with a pleasant half-smile and walked into the room as urged.*

"Certainly. Is there any particular aspect of the report you'd like rehashed or shall I just recount the whole affair?"

*She rubs her chin and adds:* "Keep in mind that I wrote my report to the greatest detail that I deemed pertinent. Therefore I will largely be repeating myself if I recount the entire affair once more."

*Her eyes begin to wander once more, but snap back to Charae abruptly.* "Perhaps certain details are most to your interest."
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

The man in red-and-black armor spoke up. "And you need to keep in mind the command structure. Remember who you are addressing, Namer."

"That's enough, Justice Borton." Charae said, setting her red eyes back on Kali. "Clearly Namer Kali is not used to the way we do things here in Sigil. For example, in Sigil we don't show disrespect to superior officers. I read your report on Justice Kierisen, who I will remind is senior to you both in time in service and rank."

The dark elf slid one of the reports aside, picking up the one Kali submitted. "Mercykiller Kierisen confronted me," she read aloud, "then accused me of disrespecting her when I suggested that I hadn't seen anyone except ex lovers bicker like she and Nero were. I will make a note of keeping any potentially negative observation about her (no matter how accurate) to myself in the future rather than verbalizing it in the bazaar. I suspect her ego was bruised."

She set the report aside. "Your words. So blatantly disrespecting a superior officer under my command is two months scrubbing chamber pots in the dungeon. So yes, I am asking you to repeat yourself. I'd like to hear you tell me in your own words the report you wrote. Because I don't believe a Namer under my command would be idiotic enough to write this report."
*Samammish

Posted by *Samammish »

Oh, well itÂ’s a good thing IÂ’m not under your command. *She responded curtly, seemingly unphased by CharaeÂ’s outburst. Her eyes resumed their wandering and there was a painfully uncomfortable silence lingering thick in the air as she took her sweet time to enjoy the ambience.*

*Her head slowly turned back towards the Charae and a wistful half smile dissolved into a thin, neutral-set jaw.* “If I wanted to deal with hierarchical headaches, I would have joined the Guvners. I joined this faction to make a difference in Sigil and serve the cause of Justice, not play lapdog to a bunch of self-important bureaucrats. I couldn't care less about kissing your ass in order to best maneuver myself within the totem-pole of intra-factional politics. You, like me, are nothing more than a servant of the Law. Remember that.”

“So you want elaboration of what happened? Well I’ll give it to you.” *Her eyes dance passionately as she continues; flickering every now and then around the office but always returning to meet Charae’s eyes resolutely.*

“I’m standing in Khazeet’s open-air bar talking to a friend when shrapnel erupts from the ground. I first feel searing pain in my legs and abdomen, but it doesn’t last as the world starts to spin and everything becomes black. I only have a second to realize that I’m losing consciousness secondary to a lack of blood. “
*Her body shivered as she recounted the experience, her eyes rolling gently to the back of her head. In some way, she was reliving the ordeal. In measured tones, she continued:*

“When I awaken, I see Mercykiller Kierisen and a Half-Dragon approach the edges of the bar. BUT…” *She holds up a finger for emphasis* “…rather than give chase and begin an immediate sweep of the area like any trainee of the Red Death would know to do- myself included – you want to know what she does instead?” *She didn’t allow time for the rhetorical question to be answered.* “She started a five-minute bickering match with the Nero character. They were exchanging quips like school-grade children. I made a comment about it before departing to report the incident to the local Harmonium.”

“After alerting the Harmonium platoon, who inform me that other attacks similar to the one like this have occurred, I make a brief sweep of the Spireward area of Khazeet’s establishment to no avail then make my way here to file a report. Or at least I was going to until I’m intercepted by Mercykiller Kieresen once more. Is she searching for the attackers or stopping me to give me orders to do a further search the area?” *She snorted and shook her head in exhasperation.* “No, she wastes more valuable time that could have been used in sweeping the area of clues or hidden assailents to inform me of how I disrespected her. Seriously? I’ve seen less butthurtedness in 6 year-old children.“

“Now I may be new to the Mercykillers, but even I know that prioritizing an immediate search and alarm (both of which I personally did) after a life-threatening attack is more important than making sure a Namer doesn’t potentially disrespect a superior. “ *Narrowing her eyes, she cast an accusatory glance towards Charae , one that Mercykillers often use on common criminals.* “And you call my report idiotic? Please. There was an opportunity for capturing these criminals that was wasted on bickering with bar patrons – and you ignore her critical oversights merely because of her RANK?”

*The young, hotheaded Namer then stood back, satisfied with her recounting of the events, her face flushed with emotion.*