Thornbrew Aftermath

*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Charae entered Factor Swan's Son's office, her angular fears hinting that something was troubling her. "Factor Swan's Son. I have my report of the recent operation."

The dark elf described the events as they unfolded. Charae and a group of her subordinates went to the Mercykiller encampment in an attempt to apprehend Chief Thornbrew and Factol Nilesia. A second group acted as a distraction by attacking the encampment while Charae and her group convinced the camp that they were reinforcements.

The Factor of the camp took the bait, commandeered Charae's men to investigation the source of the distraction, and detained her, Kierisen, and the godsman Kala, who was disguised as a Mercykiller.

"We found Thornbrew in the detention area, the creature possessing him betrayed by her own kind," Charae said.

Thornbrew revealed that Factol Nilesia is possessed. The dark elf explains that before the operation, she recieved information explaining that the Factol is alive, in the custody of Duke Rowan Darkwood, who reportedly has her soul bound in a ring, her body not yet accounted for.

"The creature tried to convince me she was dead and attempted to strike a deal with us in return for us acting as instruments for his vengeance. We let him help us escape the encampment, but then he attacked us and we were forced to kill him." With Thornbrew's death, however, the Fraternity are no longer under enemy manipulation.

The dark elf then, albeit hesitantly, informs the Factor of the bad news. "As you know, my men were commandeered when I was detained. They were sent to investigate the distraction. My men were then mixed in with a group of the possessed Mercykillers. In the chaos, the distraction team slew my men." Charae frowned. "I am willing to accept full responsibility for what has happened."

The dark elf awaited Swan's Son's reply. It was no doubt a rare instance the cool-headed Ilythiiri was nervous.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Arwyl listens to the full report in silence. He waits for the dark elf to finish and long seconds pass.

"They were your command, they are your responsibility. As are their deaths. As their commanding officer it is your duty to inform their families of their deaths. I have not the manpower to assign you a new squad at this time Justicar."

Arwyl's style of command seems shaped by the philosophy of The Son's of Mercy. Punishment is applied quickly and without ceremony or relish on behalf of the one inflicting it. Now it is back to business.

"Our first priority is recovering The Factol from The Fated. Preferably peaceably we can ill afford a conflict with our allies. I will organize a parlay with them. You will negotiate the terms with them. You may chose up to two members of the Faction to accompany you as a diplomatic attache should you feel you need help."
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Charae pursed her lips. "That will be difficult depending on the members of the Fated we parlay with. I have seen a few in particular that boasted and bragged about the deaths of our members within the Bazaar. I think it would be wise if those individuals are not involved with the negotiation."
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

"I am not responsible for who The Fated put on their delegation. A word of advice though Justicar. A word of advice though, they will know they must return The Factol, but given their nature they will not want to give anything away for free. Don't insult them as that may lead to them doing something stupid, but make sure you are firm and stand your ground."
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

"As you wish, Factor." The dark elf rendered a salute and departed his office if she was dismissed.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Several days later Charae receives another letter from Arwyl.
wrote:
Justicar

I have corresponded with Factol Darkwood and a time has been set for your meeting with The Fated.  Two days from now at peak you will meet with Factotum Fernalit at The Hall of Speakers.  You have been relived of duty to allow you and any team you chose as per our previous discussion  time to prepare.

Factor
Arwyl Swan's Son
//given that the two of you live about as far away as two people can I suggest we do this on The Forum. Let me know how you are fixed and I'll start a thread.
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

//forum works for me.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »