Spy Mission

*Archangel

Posted by *Archangel »

DarkArc,Jul 21 2014 wrote: "That is your choice. I am not familiar with your prowess in combat, so you may choose where you think you will fit best."
"Divine curses and my flail are my specialty. I can heal where needed but I'm best used putting down others. If there are any divine spells you want available let me know."
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

The three Mercykillers have an idea of what they must do and the time frame in which they must do it.

//To clarify will do Merium's event via the forum and the rest in game Friday evening 5pm US central time. Have tidied up the rest of the OOC chatter.
*Plaxy100

Posted by *Plaxy100 »

Merium Heads out to reconnaissance the encampment, getting note of her intend locations and what she needs to bypass. her stealth skills are notoriously good so she does this during off peak when there are plenty of shadows to move about the encampent unnoticed. ((Hide 64/ MS 63))

During the day and while not at the encampment she gets a few things in order, some Items from her grocery list. She also lets one of her close friends she trust to have a party near the encampment on the planned day and hour to increase the disruptions, ((Silk has been told to do the party, can be done at the same time and open up for other players to get in on the action even if remotely))..
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

\\\Awesome. :thumbs:
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

//Lets do one thing at a time and not rush ahead. We'll do the scouting first and then deal with the day after.

Merium creeps through the Lady's ward. She passes Harmonium patrols and the bright lights of the taverns that are still open. As she heads up the hill towards The Lower Ward she notices a change in the ward. The houses show no lights and the streets fall silent. The Harmonium who are ever present in The Ward until now are strangely absent. Ahead of her she sees wooden barricades and watchtowers silhouetted against the city sky line looming like dark sleeping demons ahead. Bright beams of light cast by runes cut through the night and the towers are manned by Mercykiller sentries man them. Merium is not yet close enough to see their squad markings or equitment but she can pick out at least two per tower. She can estimate that the southern perimeter of the encampment is roughly a quarter of a mile from The Armoury. It cuts width ways across The Ward almost as far as The Barracks. Skirting the barricades of the encampment is easy enough should she decide to, but crossing it should she wish to learn details of the inside of the camp would be less than straight forward.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

The light moves, and as she casts her spell she sees an arrow shaft strike the stone, suggesting the archers manning the towers are far from inexperienced and are shooting to kill. The invisiblity cloaks her. Merium knows that the lookouts at the prison have access to spells that see through invsiblity, these ones might not but it would still be best to be quick.

//Can I have an STR roll please.
*Plaxy100

Posted by *Plaxy100 »

((+5 str +13 = 18))
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Climbing is not easy for someone of her stature. The added pressure of avoiding detection does not help. As she nears the top she sees the light creeping closer, threatening to expose her. As she climbs down the other side she gets half way before it is on her. She lets go of the wall and lands tucking and rolling on the floor. The drop hurts but she is acrobatic enough to land quietly and without seriously hurting herself. As she lies winded recovering her breath something creeps over her. Not a visceral gut wrenching horror. Merium has walked the corridors of the prison long enough to be numb to things like that it is different more subtle. Nothing here is right, nothing fits it all looks normal but it is not something gnaws deep in her being making her hairs stand on edge and bile rise in her throat. She is inside.
*Plaxy100

Posted by *Plaxy100 »

She quickly gathers herself, and scuttles back off into the shadows, before any attention, well more attention comes to her area, and moves on. *the shadows are my friend this night* she thinks and reminds one self. *Not right, Not right all.* She looks around gathering her surrounding and moves about keeping to those shadows, ((hide 63 +17= 80)).

She unsheathes a kukri, and keeps it in hand at the moment , she hopes not to have to use it, not against her own. *now lets see where things are, don't think charea has to worry about creating chaos seems theres enough of it here already.*
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

In the dark it is hard to tell exactly where she is. Directly to her right ahead of her is a large house. A bit off to her left is another. Both appear to be well kept probably their owners pride and joy at one stage. As she creeps forward she sees a man in Mercykiller uniform. He is approached by another. There is no communication but after a few seconds the one follows after the other though, as if told something, somehow. All around her is deathly eerie silence. This is odd, at the prison even the most dour guards will chat to pass the time on a watch, these ones do not. It as if they communicate in some other way. They might no longer be "her own." She does not feel she has been detected.