Perspective Namer

*Purgatory

Posted by *Purgatory »

A woman walks into the prison. Her clothes appear torn and she looks tired. She seems to have been on a long journey.

"Hello. I'd like to join the faction."
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

The Mercykiller standing by the desk looks at the woman and does not really mask what he thinks about a berk who walks in in such a state thinking they have what it takes to join the faction.

"Barracks are down that way" pointing to exit and to the right a bit "if you want to complain about an assault to the hardheads." he pauses a fraction of a second "and if you are looking for charity, you can try the Gatehouse in Hive Ward."

He returns to his paperwork, mentally dismissing the woman, glad the annoyance has been dealt with.
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Further down the dark halls of the Prison, the dark elf Justicar Charae stepped out of Factor Arwyl Swan's Son's office with a small bundle of folders tucked under her arm. As normal, she was accompanied by one of her assistants, an experienced Namer named Tibos Blackwolf. Charae noticed the ragged young woman standing at the Mercykiller's desk and approached.

The dark elf stood tall, for her race, with stark white hair and blood-red eyes. She was dressed in red and black armor decorated with white web designs. A long flowing black cloak hung from her shoulders and her belt was covered with a number of small neatly-tied pouches.

Looking past the woman's appearance, Charaes eyes revealed an interest in the potential Namer she saw before her. Perhaps she could mold this one. She studied the woman a few moments before asking "And what makes you wish to join the ranks of the Red Death, dear?"
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

As Charae approaches and engages with the women, the factotum behind the desk scowls but keeps quiet, and busies himself with his work.
*Purgatory

Posted by *Purgatory »

She seems to be about to walk away frustrated. As Charae calls her in the doorway she stops.

"I come from Rigus. You might know Rigus. It is not a good place especially if you are poor. But I see the Mercykillers there. They make a difference everyone is equal to them. Everyone is punished the same. I wanted to join there but your man there said to come here. So I walked. And your man here said no. What do you say?"
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

The dark elf smiled. "Ah, yes. One of the Gate-towns. A fortress city if I recall, correct?"

Charae glanced at the scowling factotum and grinned wickedly, then returned her gaze to the woman. "I say we should talk." The dark elf motioned down the hall. "And perhaps before too long we'll discuss the eight tenants if you are still interested. May I have your name? I am Justicar Charae."
*Purgatory

Posted by *Purgatory »

She walks down the hall with Charae.

"I am Tala. Tala Dalis Justicar."
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

"A pleasure to meet you, Tala."

The dark elf led Tala deeper into the halls of the prison. The young woman could hear muffled screams coming from somewhere within the complex, most likely the cries of prisoners being interrogated nearby. The light of the outside city poured into the many small barred windows of red glass and into the hall, making the black stone floors take on the appearance of blood.

When they reached half way down one of the many halls, the dark elf opened up a sturdy wooden door and led Tala inside. The room was the size of a small apartment and just as equally equipped. Half of the room was divided into an office while a door that led to another room was most likely living quarters. Tibos Blackwolf accepted the stack of papers in Charae's arms and went about filing them in a cabinet nearby.

The dark elf moved over to one of the small end tables and poured a glass of black wine into a crystal goblet.

"There is a great deal of commitment involved if one decides to join the Red Death," Charae said. "First I'd like to know what skills you can bring to the faction."

The dark elf turned to face Tala and offered the crystal goblet to her.
*Purgatory

Posted by *Purgatory »

She follows after Charae she does not seem daunted by the screams. She does not seem daunted by the wealth. As Charare turns to pour the wine she opens a hand and casts a spell. A ball of ice hovers over her hand. She breaks some off and drops it into her drink.

"I am from Rigus Justicar. Everyone there is a soldier a corpse or a slave. I am alive and free."
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Charae smiled. "Good then. So long as you have no criminal history, all you must do is attend the next enlistment day. That should be happening tomorrow, in fact. All you have to do is show up and listen to the lecturing of the eight tenants. At the end of the day, if you still choose to become one of us, you will swear to each one of those tenants and will hence and forever become a Mercykiller."

The dark elf picked up a small leather-bound book and handed it to Tala. "A little light reading until that time. I look forward to greeting you again as a Namer of the Red Death. Contact me again once you have joined our ranks. We'll get you to work right away."

\\To join a faction, talk to Mimir when you are in the OOC room. Here is a link that describes the faction: Mercykillers
The Eight Tenants