Operation: Astralomachy

Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

Following the briefing and several inter-Faction meetings of the day, Dace Andor returned to his office, and penned several letters and orders.

The first went out to Justice Sevdi:

Justice Sevdi,

Talks with the Doomguard seem to have progressed well. Thus, once we secure our contract at Dead God, we may be able to have the refurbishing of the vessels occur at that port. This should save the trouble of taking you out of the Cage for a long, protracted journey.

With that noted, I will need you to officiate over the repairs and defense of these new assets. I expect that either the as yet unidentified hostiles, or perhaps local resistance, may attempt to sabotage our efforts to assimilate the ships into our armada. Your job will be to ensure that no such harm comes. Those ships are a prize I do not want taken away from the Red Death. Additionally, I am investigating options to have the Helms of those vessels replaced with less wasteful Major Helms. Should you have contacts or other means to assist in that, send word.

Upon arrival at Dead God, the RDS Vanguard will be placed at your disposal for all the above. Provide its captain with the orders accompanying this letter. Should you require any more resources, simply ask.

Justice Prevail,

Factor Dace Andor
The new orders for the captain of the RDS Vanguard are penned and supplied with the letter accordingly.
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
Saiceles

Posted by Saiceles »

Katherine arrived in Dead God's Rock with the usual sense of discretion she carried most of her work with. While she tended to draw some attention at times, she knew better than to add to the pile, and to the eyes of most dockworkers she probably passed for another Walker or traveler. No point in wearing the uniform just yet. After getting a room in a local inn, Katherine went about to simply spend some of the following days around the city. She'd go around, buying simple things from merchants, selling others, sometimes engaging in conversation with the guards, the locals, some of the regular travellers. A bit of investigative work at hand. Naturally, she didn't immediately lead with questions about the recent incidents. Mostly she'd let the conversations occasionaly land there, but to most she might simply pass for a curious person who had a peculiar liking towards conversation. While she didn't strictly consider that aspect alone, she did try to use a bit of her looks to see if she could get some ongoing conversations with the local mercenaries, asking questions about them, occasionally drifting into things such as their jobs, sharing a few drinks and so on. For now it was mostly a bit of investigation where she tried to learn some facts before actually acting. Rune did suggest cooperating after all, so she figured that until the fellow Mercykiller made the call she could at least gather what information she might find.