Attack at Dead Gods Rock

Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

((Didn't have time to post this before))

A report on the situation at Dead God is filed, soon after the assault.

Earlier this cycle, one of the Reaver mercenaries from the port town Dead Gods Rock (Astral Plane) came to Sigil, requesting aid against what he suspected was an impending attack on the town. A number of planewalker mercenaries, as well as a contingent of Harmonium (led by Notary Reina) and Mercykillers (led by myself) answered the call, and promptly ventured to the port.

Not long after our arrival, the small fleet of vessels came into view. Most held back, but two began an approach, and then vanished from sight. Seconds later, they appeared at the harbor, seeming to have phased through the distance. The crews, which seemed to be armored humanoids, promptly and without word assailed us, but were repelled. Soon after, another vessel warped over the town, and dropped battle golems to join the fight. One attempted to capture a specific individual, but we managed to rescue him and damage the ship before it phased back out.

The individual was taken by Notary Reina to the Harmonium Barracks (to the last of my knowledge), while the two ships were impounded by our forces. We discovered that the ships were operating out of a combination of Furnace Helms, as well as some strange devices, the nature of which is still being determined. I have taken one of these devices to my personal vessel in Sigil for further study.

Of note regarding the enemy force; as mentioned, they appeared to be humanoids, though heavily "modified", with armor grafted onto and through their bodies, such that the components cannot be removed without specialized tools. Furthermore, the surviving forces went catatonic as the enemy fleet retreated, suggesting a mind link to a controller that requires a minimum proximity. Seconds after this, their helmets exploded, killing every single one where they stood.

Some of the bodies were taken back to the Mortuary, and studied by various planewalkers.

Agents with additional information on this enemy force are encouraged to bring such to my attention as soon as possible.

- Factor Dace Andor
"
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

A follow up report is passed along the Mercykiller command circle of Factors and Justicars, as well as to the Harmonium Barracks.
An unidentified spelljammer that had docked in one of the Lower Ward factory platforms earlier in the week turned out to be part of the fleet that previously assailed Dead God's Rock. One of the clockborgs - for lack of better term - appeared to have killed a group of four hired mercenaries that had been keeping watch on the ship, before retreating and attempting to destroy all internal machinery within the vessel.

With the assistance of the adventurers Azure and Vierdra, as well as Factor Sasha Andor of the Society of Sensation, we managed to scout the ship and destroy the active clockborg. We also caught part of a message that the ship seems to have received via devices that were empowered by both psionic and arcane powers. The message was as follows:
Ship serial SR388, you have stray off course, decomission your ship at once, destroy everything.
We assume that the message came from the same command vessel- if not the same commander- who led the assault on Dead God's Rock.

I am passing along orders for all active Mercykillers operating in both Sigil and our Astral holdings to keep alert for more movement of this enemy force. I recommend our brothers in the Harmonium do the same.

Justice Prevail,

Factor Dace Andor of the Red Death

Accordingly, the following notice is passed along via the officers board in the Prison:
Mercykillers,

Be advised that a vessel belonging to the enemy force that recently assailed Dead God's Rock managed to find its way into Sigil, seemingly unintentionally. The force onboard was hostile, and killed a group of four citizens prior to being taken down. All Justice's and Namer's are advised to be on the lookout for more stragglers that may have disembarked from their vessel. They appear to be humanoids fused into their armor. Be warned; these individuals are extremely strong, and should not be fought alone.

Report any sightings or encounters to headquarters and the Harmonium Barracks.

Justice Prevail,

Factor Dace Andor
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
GreyMoth

Posted by GreyMoth »

With Factor Andor's update and command, warning in mind, Rune extracts himself from the dungeons where he does so very much like to play about. The vampire leaves a brief writ behind upon his desk, just a notification he will be on the prowl about.

With someone notified he'll be 'gone' for the time being, Rune takes it upon himself to go and fish for further information. Both the good old fashioned way of chant on the streets, as well as the really old fashioned way--for vampires, at least, of squeaking to the skies on batty wings for a flappy adventure of scouting.
edmaster44

Posted by edmaster44 »

Chant on the Streets is all is quite silent at the moment, most folks too spook to work back at the docks due to the incidents that has accured on said docks. There seems to be an small interest within The Faction to do a small excavation of the site.

Locals have dubbed it, Murder ship.