Witness Testimony of Mai Resser: Submitted by Namer Rune

GreyMoth

Posted by GreyMoth »

Scribbled onto sheets much more befitting of a Guvner's eyes, paper work for a witness testimony has been left to Dace Arndor's desk.

A opening note is placed atop the stack.

Factor Andor,

Finally caught up with Ms. Resser. A delight compared to her brother. I can just imagine all of the big brother complexes he is delightfully enwrapped within. How adorable! She is a rather good girl, though, understandable now why he's so rough. The following account was taken with no witnesses, at the Dog House pub. The scribe of choice was but a little magical quill designed to scribe on command. You might notice it has a more 'feminine' hand when she speaks... I'm not sure if I like this feature or find it garish. A second copy to be released at a time of your choosing follows below, Sir.

I took the time to assuage Mai of her anxieties, the girl very clearly wants Lyle treated well. I offered that the Fraternity will be so busy stacking Dex's mile high accumulation of crimes, that Lyle is small fish and advised her to seek out anyone she knows within the Fraternity to act as his lawyer.

No mercy,
Namer Rune

Witness Testimony Received By: Namer Rune
Date of Testimony: (Effective date 10/15/2020) 4th Hive of Nihilum, 136Ha
Notes of Import: To be added both to the case files accumulated on Dex and Lyle of the former Kingsman

Rune: Record begin. Mai Resser, would please confirm that this is your name and that you are at present, free of duress during in making your testimony?

Mai: Mai Resser is my name, yes. And I am free of duress in making my testimony.

Rune: Very good. And Mai Resser, do you have any factional relations you wish a copy of your testimony to be sent to at earliest convenience?

Mai: I am not in a faction myself, but perhaps a copy could be sent to my brother, Calvin Resser of the Fate.

Rune: Record, show that upon review, at earliest time acceptable, that a copy of this record will be sent to Calvin Resser of the Fated. I am going to encourage you at this time, that all details pertaining to this subject you can recall, please do so. Please do not embellish. Emotions are of course expected, but the court is looking for facts to hang onto... as I understand, it is your hope to plead the case for Lyle to be treated to lesser, gentler sentencing, if not outright pardoned for his crimes. So I would like you to begin in recalling your nature with Lyle.

Mai: Well, the man saved my life, though our relationship extends no further than that. We have a trust in one another because of the situation we'd faced. Lives were on the line.

Rune: Would you please described this relationship as fully as possible? These lives that were upon the line? Were you lovers, or partners?

Mai: Ooh, no such sort. We only met when Dex had me snagged out of my room in Chirpers. He stood up for me... Dex spoke of using or selling me, and he was quite... handsy... Lyle stepped in and stopped him. I found a way to make an escape, and he joined my side to help me out rather than oppose me, though that came at a price. He and his friends and family would be tracked by Dex and hunted down.

Rune: Record let it be known that the witness is being reminded of her rights. At any time due to the nature of your willing testimony, Mai, you are expected not to lie. However, during such a time, you have the right to refuse to answer any question you do not wish for your own reasons, and may not be pressured for an answer. At the time of your kidnapping by Dex, our information pertaining to him simply regards he is the leader of the Kingsman. And that the Kingsman, have very likely ties to the Anarchists. During your time as hostage, was any information relevant to this made aware to you?

Mai: He is indeed the leader of the Kingsman. I do not know very much on the matter of Dex himself, as I have had a lot of time away dealing with personal matters in the midst of all this. But I am aware that the man has ties to the Anarchists. What exactly those ties are, I have no clue. I just know the man is a rapist, drugs his men so they are more easily susceptible to his commands, and sells women. He is also a murderer.

Rune: Record, make sure that upon review that this human trafficking has been sufficiently investigated. Please, if you would, Mai. Going forward from your escape, have you had any further contact with Lyle?

Mai: I saw him just once after, with Calvin, to ask him if he could tell us more about Dex than what my brother already knew. All he told us was maybe speaking with the Slags Angels could get Calvin some leads. If it has, I have no clue.

Rune: We'll ask Calvin. Did Lyle speak of any further women he helped escape? His feelings on the matter with you? If there was at all a conversation, only what you're sure you can remember, it would be of great help with his case.

Mai: Lyle hasn't spoken to me about aiding any other women in attempts to escape. I honestly know little of his time with Dex besides he regretted the decision to join him almost immediately. He was just looking for a way to feed his family and keep them safe from harm. I gave him an opportunity to get out, and he took it. He had been looking for a way to escape prior to meeting me, I believe. I... think he may be fond of me, but I have seen very little of him, so I can't confirm that to be true or not. Calvin believes it to be so, at least.

Rune: Very good. Are there any notes, personal, you would like submitted to your testimony before we conclude it?

Mai: Just that, if it hadn't been for Lyle, I probably wouldn't be here right now. Or maybe I would, but I could have gotten really hurt, and... Dex may have done horrible things to me I don't even want to think of. He is very loyal, and he is aware of the mistakes he's made. He just wants a better Hive for everyone.

Rune: Mm. Don't we all. Record, conclude.
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

An update to Namer Rune's orders is passed on to him some time after.

Namer Rune,

Good work so far. Follow up and look into these "Slags Angels" . I'll see if Calvin hasn't checked in with them yet as well, but there is no reason for you to hold up and wait on such confirmations.

Time is quickly running out. Do what you need to do, but don't leave a mess for anyone to complain about.

Justice Prevail,

Factor Dace Andor
Curiously enough, once delivery of the updated order is confirmed, Rune would receive another message, this time by way of a Sending.

"Burn the letter to dust once you have read and understood."
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
GreyMoth

Posted by GreyMoth »

Rune receives his new orders with a smile that actually looks 'aware' of his surroundings for once. A fangy grin as the vampire crushes his newest orders. A brazier used to dispose of them on his way in the Hive ward.
GreyMoth

Posted by GreyMoth »

A fresh note on the desk! And joined by paperwork! Wowee!

Factor Andor,

Mission accomplished. I'll keep to the important bits.

The merchant Dorin proved utterly invaluable. Not only do we have the location of both of Dex's known agony distribution houses, the names of his dealers have been surrendered and their locales. It came at a cost. Notary Reina was taken with me, to keep the violence minimized. I've told her to keep her lips shut tight on the matter, to avoid what remnants of Anarchist fools may yet remain within the Harmonium after cleaning house.

Dorin brokered a deal. I do not believe you will find it off-putting, considering what we obtained in the mix of it. The bottom page is the contract he stroke up.

Of note, Reina seemed to be... concerned as to whether or not the Harmonium are involved. I offered a shrug, and simply left it at 'You are the Harmonium, after-all'. With this immensity of arrests to be made, it might be wise now to let someone on their side in on what's happening. Dorin mentioned mages in Dex's employ, warning messengers for the rest of their barbaric idiocy. It is my personal suggestion we strike every single angle, hard, and at once. A single night of fire.

No mercy,
Namer Rune

As the note mentions, the next few pages include the information. Locations, and names. And the bottom of the stack, comes the contract.
I agree to the merchant Dorin, in exchange for his full cooperation in the apprehension of the criminal Dex Harlande, who is wanted by the Triad for numerous charges, that I as a representative of the Triad will allow Dorin to balance the debt Dex Harlande owes him by having his first selection among Dex's possessions, so long as the choice is not illicit.
This agreement seems to be signed by Rune, and Reina. This particular one is, of course, a copy.