A Drow in the Dungeon

Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

A message is sent to Justice Isonade's desk.
Justice Isonade,

If it has not yet come to your notice, we have in our cells a suspect awaiting trial under the name "Zar'afay". She has been implicated in the assault and attempted murder of Factor Argent Stardust of the Sign of One. According to a witness testimonial by the elf himself, as well as the brief sent with her by the Harmonium, we know she is a devotee of the Faerunian deity Lloth. It is as yet unclear if she was acting alone in her attempt, or under assignment.

The root of all of this will ultimately be decided in Court and by the Harmonium's work, as the matter is still in their jurisdiction. However, it would be of benefit to the case if you could question her when you can, and learn what you may. I believe she may be a little more willing to speak in a rational way with one of her own.

Keep all methods to verbal. She has not been condemned by law as guilty just yet, so no harm should be visited upon her unless she provokes such.

Also speak with Factioneer Varysh of the Harmonium. The file listed her as the arresting officer, so if you learn anything of note, she is the one to speak with.

Justice Prevail,

Factor Dace Andor
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
ShadowFox13

Posted by ShadowFox13 »

A report makes its way to Dace's desk - a copy as well forwarded to the Harmonium.
Factor Andor,

After a brief interview with the offender, I have ascertained that she was not working in any larger scheme or under the employ of any other, from the Prime or the Cage. Further, evidence and testimony suggest this to be a religiously motivated crime borne out of the desperation of a devotee suddenly cut off from their Deity. Her intent was to sacrifice a surface elf to 'secure Lloth's favor' for herself in the wake of her own House's demise. She hails from Menzoberranzan, as I once did. She also made mention of a 'mouthy fiend girl' who initially gave her Factor Stardust's name as a surface elf of note. Per her own words, and my own understanding, she was looking for any suitable surface elf for the sacrifice, and the Factor's name simply happened to be the one put forward at the time. There was little larger premeditation beyond that. She also appeared quite keen to know that there were shrines to Lloth in the city that she was unaware of, lending credence that she is currently suffering a crisis of Faith that may be impairing her judgement.

No force or other coercion was necessary, for she did, as you well assumed, think me a worthy conversationalist due to my background.

I have forwarded a copy of my findings to the Harmonium, and to Factotum Varysh specifically.

Justice Prevail,

Justice Isonade
ShadowFox13

Posted by ShadowFox13 »

A further report filed after manning the Mercykiller Booth at the Carnival:

Factor Andor,

The prisoner Zar'afay has secured representation in Vralexdra of the Fraternity of Order. He will be visiting per client-advocate privilege until her scheduled date in Court.

Additionally, the prisoner volunteered for assisting in our outreach program this year for the Cage Carnival, and did so without any incident nor need for extreme correctional measures, though a full report of behavior can be found appended to her file by myself and Squire Custodian Approximal.

Justice Prevail,

Justice Isonade