Collecting Information

*The Resistance

Posted by *The Resistance »

An impeccably dressed cambion enters the Square Bar, a tavern in the Lady's Ward frequented by the members of the Triad, and also a renowed safe house of the Anarchists cells. He wears a dark purple cape and a plumed hat with a wide brim, hiding his horns. To a closer look, though, both his eyes are visible.
The cambion walks among the square tables and the square chairs, stopping by a squared window where a green-haired maid stands, obviously already known to him. He kisses her on the lips, holding her face with both his hands at first, and keeps doing so until he reaches her neck and her ear.

"Factotum Aidan of the Fated has been threated with death. What have you heard about this?" he whispers.

((Need reply from any DM.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

The inn is full with bored looking clerks drinking away another day of paperwork and filing. A very drunk Fire Gensai baring a Fated badge sees him as he enters, and lets out a drunken cheer.

"'Ere he is! Bogart!"

As he approaches the bar maid she smiles at him and attempts a half hearted effort of pushing him away before returning the kiss and tilting her head to bare her neck to his lips, as he whisper to her she buries her head in his shoulder masking her words from any at the bar who may read her lips.

"The dour one? Dresses in black? Greasy hair and the big nose?"
*The Resistance

Iggwilv,Apr 26 2015 wrote:The inn is full with bored looking clerks drinking away another day of paperwork and filing. A very drunk Fire Gensai baring a Fated badge sees him as he enters, and lets out a drunken cheer.

"'Ere he is!  Bogart!"

As he approaches the bar maid she smiles at him and attempts a half hearted effort of pushing him away before returning the kiss and tilting her head to bare her neck to his lips, as he whisper to her she buries her head in his shoulder masking her words from any at the bar who may read her lips.

"The dour one?  Dresses in black?  Greasy hair and the big nose?"
Roog blinks, not sure how to reply about the description the maid has given to him. He grabs her at the back of her neck and slumps into her hair.
"I prefer paying attention to a girl's hair and dresses." he whispers "He is dour, yes, but probably not the same person. He lives next to the House of Healing, in the Clerk's Ward."
He lingers on the neck, running his tongue on it.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

He feels her shudder as his tongue runs over her skin a line of goosebumps break out along the trail his tongue leaves. She takes a moment to draw breath.

"That is the one. I don't know much, but I have heard something."

She takes a step back and she flashes him a grin.

"It is customary to tip in a classy place like this you know?"
*The Resistance

"It is also to give it away from prying eyes." he says, still whispering, before letting the girl go. "Shall we pay a visit to the back room?" an arch smile appears on his lips and a pointed canine tooth pops behind them.

((Please notice the Square Bar -Factol's Manifesto, page 116- is a tavern, not an inn. A reason more for me to pick up the back room rather than a regular one.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

She smiles at him and winks as she continues their verbal game.

"I'm pretty sure you are expected to tip extra for that.

She then leads him by the hand to the back room. Once they are out of sight her body language and tone changes. She speaks quickly and quietly all business now.

"Alphonse and his boys were here a few nights ago. They did not mention your friend in The Fated but they did mention the house in The Clerk's Ward. They wanted to get to something inside."

The Cambion would know the name by reputation. Alphonse du Vec is an Aasimar born to one of the high houses of The Lady's Ward. Initially upon joining The League his background had caused many to question his commitment to the cause. What they had failed to realise was that his families wealth had afforded him the best fencing teachers money could buy and his privileged upbringing had instilled in him a sense of entitlement that gave him a ruthless will to win at all costs. Several dead detractors later and du Vec found himself leader of a Lady's Ward cell operating in Sigil's high society that made a name for themselves undermining The Triad in their own heartlands.
*The Resistance

"Something..? There is nothing valuable there. I've been both in the workshop and in the house several times, and the most precious thing I've seen it's that air genasi. Unless you don't mean a particular book or a scroll... There are too many of them and I haven't enough interest to check them." he keeps his voice low as well while speaking. When he's done, his hand runs under the cape and the fancy surcoat and takes out a small leather pouch.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

She takes the pouch weighs it in her hand and tucks it away.

"I don't think it is a book or a scroll he could just steal that. Although if he is less distracted by the Gensai you mention than you are perhaps he has seen something you have missed?"
*The Resistance

"I have no idea." he whispered. "Where can I find Alphonse du Vec?"
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

She considers for a moment.

"He comes here a lot, and he goes to The Bariur too. Failing that he has a house near Petitioner's Square. If he comes in here am I to tell him you are looking for him, or is this one of those things that are better as a... surprise?"