New Blood, Old Blood

*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

(( No oneliners needed. Just care about what your toon does, describe his/hers/its actions.

For example have Phoenix simply walk up to the table, take over the negotiations from Mila. A simple post- I will let the NPCs react with appropriate awe. :P

Just try it next time- and leave the rest to me. ;)

))

"Very well. Then we are finished here."

The tiefling gets up, tosses a coin at the man at the bar, takes his cloak from where it rests on the backrest of his chair.
He leaves without looking back, becoming one with the crowd and the smoke and the ever-present mists of the Hive.

Some uncomfortable tension remains- the patrons more silent than usual, some glances exchanged. But it does not last long- soon a brawl over some small thing breaks out in one of the darker corners of the room.

Then all it is back to normal, as if nothing had ever happened. after all- the hive follows its own rules.

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

He turns and enters the shadows he arrived in. In an instant he is simply gone. The usual precautions are taken before he heads to where the prisoners were being kept.

He would enter the cell block area much like he entered the tavern ((appearances always adding to atmosphere, intimidation and fear)) and tells the thugs inside the room to leave. He then looks at the prisoners one by one, eyes still remaining shadowy black, until they rest on the Measure in her cell.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Finding his way to the place where Mila kept the prisoners is easy for him- as is making sure he is not followed.

The few thugs on guard duty- mostly muscles and dirt and weapons and armour they cobbled together- are quite startled as he appears in their midst.

One- a brave, foolish and new one (a dangerous combination!) was almost challenging him but Frosco, one of the few operatives surviving longer than 20 years and one of the few of this cell who have worked with Phoenix before, calls him back.

He gestures to the other guards to leave and stays in the background himself- is the last one who leaves, glancing at the leader one last time before closing the door- probably not going far, staying close just in case he is needed.

The hostages in their cells go silent, most averting their eyes, intimidated, afraid- some still showing the bandages on the wounds they suffered in the battle.

Phoenix finds the woman sitting with crossed legs, in meditation but noticing his presence she opens her eyes. She does not adress him, nor change her posture but he feels she knows well who she is- and what he is coming for.

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

He crouches quietly in front of the cell, so he's at the same eye level as she (a show of respect given to those who deserve to see eye to eye)... but also ensuring none can reach him. He studies her for a few, quick, moments.

"Good to meet you, Measure Two. I'll simply address you by your rank until you give me your given name so we can discuss things in a less... rigid... atmosphere. My apologies for the accommodations. Your brothers in arms have a habit of tearing down our... more comfortable quarters so this will have to do.

So first things first. How do I address you? I already know your family connections so your last name is not important. The quicker our conversation proceeds, the more quickly you'll be on your way home."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The tiefling waits, takes another sip from his mug, sizing the masked man up.
Of course he heard the rumours, of course he had the briefings- so he has a good idea of whom he is dealing with.
However as always- Anarchists are Anarchists. A big fish today is just tommorrow's food for the young.

So he does not answer immediately, taking his time. Of course he is well aware that this person turned up for a reason.
When he speaks his voice is calm, respectful- no need for threats, no need for sarcasm or attacks.

" I think there is a misunderstanding. I did not come here to play games."

Leaning forward he rests his lower arms on the table, pushing his drink aside, and he meets the eyes of someone in the crowd.
There is a nod and a smile-just a greeting- but Phoenix might relize that he is not the only one with friends in the Hive.
A youth spent in harsh conditions can bind people together- and a local boy who did well gets still some respect among his peers.

"So I will not waste your time. What I offered is all you can get. My superiours will not touch this case with a pole, the Emm-Kays will not even bother to talk to you and the Fraternity is not really interested in negotiating as well.

Noone sent me, noone backed me up, all I got was a hint that my mission will be... accepted if it suceeds.

I am here for the people in the Hive that just want to live in peace. For all those who don't care about politics- who do not care about the Harmonium or the Revolutionary League.

You heard my offer. I cannot offer more- but as a Hiver you should know that you always take what you get, be thankful for it and make the best of it."

((BTW- a note in general:

NPCs- even Player henchmen- are to be controlled by the D(E)M. Players take care of what their characters do and describe their actions, the rest is up to the Game Master. ))
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

She studies the man patiently as he studies her.

To call her pretty would be kind to her- her build, her face too rough to be beautiful, her hair's colour almost golden, her eyes miss to be a catching blue and remain a strange grey. Yet she has some strenght in her, some calm that even seems to reach out to her companions- reassuring them.
There are still some bruises and she has probably lost weight and the smell shows she had no opportunity to bath or wash for several days.

Even in there her authority is not challenged by her companions and as she answers her voice is calm and strong. Of course she is far from trusting this masked man- not dropping her guard.

"Saint Cuthbert's Blessings on you. My given name is Elana- and it is suitable to adress me with it, even in this surroundings."

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

“Elana…” a nod followed the word. The shadow form diminished and faded. She could now clearly see the form crouched before her, although he was still clad in tight, buckled leathers and wearing a formed mask. His eyes no longer showed the inky black they held once before and were now simply a generic shade of green.

“Well met, Elana. I do wish these were better circumstances but we both know how well diplomatic negotiations work between our respective groups… even when we’re both willing to talk.” He stood and retrieved a stool to sit on in front of her cell.

He continued to speak to her in a respectful tone

“You know why you’re here. You’ve no doubt been briefed a number of times by your superiors about the hazards of duty and the risks involved of getting targeted by Revolutionaries. I did not order your capture but am required to address it now that it has been done. Soldiers need to know that their efforts will bring fruit so that they do not abandon their tasks in the future. They are satisfied with either information I deem useful or Harmonium corpses. The latter.... I have no wish to see. We see enough blood every day. I need you to help me prevent that. Your men have no wish to die. I'd wager most of them are only here for the steady income for their families. They need to go home. Certainly you can agree with that. So, that being said, I require your help, Elana. I need you to help me send your men home, safely and quickly. I need you to give me something that satisfies my people enough for them to stand aside and allow your departure. Can you help me with that, Elana?”

He ensures the conversation is being heard by all the prisoners.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

" It is strange. They want our blood... or information you find useful. So lets be honest it is not about what they what but what you want. Am I correct?"

She answers with a strong, firm voice, her words well chosen and polite- fitting a conversation they might have had on the Bazaar over a cup of tea if they had met under different circumstances.

" How can it be that in an organisation that fights authority as its anathema one man can matter that much? It is something I never understood."
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

“Firstly, the information I want is most certainly about what they want as well. While they might not realize the importance of specific bits of information gleaned like I might, it benefits us all if I’m successful. They know that and trust I’ll be satisfied with what I find. That satisfies them.

SecondlyÂ… our people follow who they feel is right. Being against authority does not destroy the concept of leadership. One can still guide others without making demands of themÂ… so long as the people permit it. The free people of the Revolution follow who they choose for as long as they choose. If I try to force my will upon themÂ… IÂ’ll find myself suddenly, and painfully, turfed into the street. I guide those who permit me to. We are not the Harmonium. We do not blindly follow orders out of demand for obedience. We have choice.

But we stray from our current task. This is not the time to debate differences of philosophy. Neither of us will sway in our view. SoÂ… letÂ’s concentrate on the situation at hand. Should we both survive this, I will be happy to sit and debate with you at some other time."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"They follow who they feel is right...", she repeats, then cocks her head to the left as she continues.

"You see my dilemma then. Whatever agreement we mey find- who says it will be honoured? Also, per definition, the Revolutionary League never makes something happen. They are there to oppose things.
Is it not that you have to bring down everything- your own faction included- before you can reach this 'Big Dark' the league is after?

So we are not really talking about freedom for the oppressed here. Lets drop the euphemisms and be honest.

You want to destroy my faction, you want to destroy every bit of order in Sigil. I will oppose that, I will protect those who just want to live their life in peace and to do that I will force everyone to play by the rules.

We never will be friends, we never will respect each others point of view- because if we do this we stop being what we are- Hardhead and Terrorist."

She said this with the same cool, calm voice- not to accuse him, not to attack him- she simply stated the facts how she sees them. Taking a deep breath she sighs.

"Nevertheless my choices right now are limited. Please state your terms."