New Blood, Old Blood

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

He reads over what she had written.

“Define what you mean by Reeducation camp. What are these primarily used for?”
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"According to my informations it is a camp where chaotic creatures and souls are educated in the way os order and law.

How this is done I cannot say. It is discussed by those above my rank and the personnel send there is handpicked by the movers."
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

“Reeducation camp… fancy way of saying ‘torture until you break camp’…” said with obvious distain. “The people expect that from the bad guys… like me (said with a wink) but by those who are supposed to protect and defend them? Not good… Funny that you take exception to me using such tactics but not your superiors. That’s a fine moral compass you carry.” he rolled the papers up and put them in his pouch.

“Okay… now that this unpleasant business is behind us, this is where we stand on things. You’ll all continue to be my guests for the next 5 days. This cypher is no good to me if you alert your overlords to the fact that I have it. When it expires, it’ll be of no use and I’ll have nothing else to worry about from your departure.

To make your stay a little more bearable IÂ’ll let you in on a little secret. Your ally I had hauled out of her a little while ago? YeahÂ… you know who IÂ’m talking about. WellÂ… donÂ’t worry about him. He actually won the lottery of a sort. HeÂ’s not dead. NopeÂ… not even close. Will probably have a hell of a headache when he wakes up in an hour or twoÂ… but is otherwise fine. HeÂ’ll be left on an active patrol route for your people to find. See, Measure twoÂ… while my methods are a littleÂ… misleading at times, I always keep my word.

So, with that being said, unless this information is incorrect (pats the satchel with the paper), this will be the last time we’ll speak. If you have anything you wish to request or say to me, now would be the time. Just remember to keep it civil… let’s end this clean.”
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"I know who we are, what we do. I never claimed moral superority- I leave this to you."

Her voice unchanged, calm but with certain contempt- even when he reveals what happened to the other hardhead she does not move. Phoenix feels that this woman will never trust him.

But she is silent now, not trying to provoke him anymore but neither sharing any more information. She glances at her companions as if to judge their moods.

They seem a bit more relaxed now but some tensions still remain.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Trust was never something he was looking for. He couldnÂ’t care less if the Measure trusted him or not. He simply wanted her to hear.

“Well, Measure Two… if turning a blind eye to the atrocities of your faction gets you to sleep at night… who am I to argue. On that note,” he nods to the prisoners, “Freedom be ours”.

After leaving the holding area, he ensures he spreads some coins amongst the Thugs guarding the prisoners. While they would be some of the more loyal members of the Revolution, it helps to keep them happy. Bill then finds his way back to the networks maintained by the Anarchists. He moves quickly and with purpose. His first stop is to have the liquor store in the Lady’s Ward appropriately warned in advance of the raid. They are to clean it out and make it look like it was never used by the Revolution… not like they were warned. Once the Harmonium raids a “legal” business in the area of excess and pomp… they’ll use the error against the Reds in the public forum.

Secondly he scatters the Cypher to all “information” cells he has access to. They are to use it to glean as much information as mortally possible over the next 5 days.

Finally he puts word out that he needs a sneak or two ((preferably players)), someone that excels in information gathering and scouting, that he has an important job that needs to be done right away. Time is of the essence. They need to be able to gather restricted information from the Harmonium and use it to find an “out of city” location controlled by the Reds… all in a couple days.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The cell members are happy about the coin, the work they do for the lLeague often preventing them of working in their dayjob so every support is welcome.

Phoenix plan works well, the raid on that store turns into a desaster. The shop is closed for a few days while the Hardheads investigate, which means that several bigwigs cannot get their favourite booze which means they get cranky- and soon one of them uses her influence to declare this investigations closed, leaving the Hardheads somewhat unsettled.

The Cypher itself proves to be rather useful, warning two other cells (one of them even new to Phoenix) of impending raids and investigations. And there is more- the location of a rock in the Astral Plane on which the portal to the demiplane that houses the reeducation center can be found.

It is disguised as a small tower, a lesser Harmonium outpost but behind its walls it seems to be a rather busy place.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Satisfied with the results of the information shared, Nix sends word that he needs the portal stone.

He then sets about getting himself ready for travel.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The informations about portals and keys are found easily- now that the agents know what they are looking for.

If course it is up to Phoenix to wait a bit longer or to try to do this on his own...