New Blood, Old Blood

*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The tiefling hesitates a moment, looks back into the room, talks in lowered voice, the hooting and shouting of the crowd chasing the already retreating hardheads getting lower as the strugglimg soldiers are driven out of the Hive.

Only the sniper on the roof seems to be calm and focused, the other soldiers are nervous and clearly not willing to die for their meager pay or a philosophy.

Then the tiefling steps forward, adressing Mila again.

"I will leave with my men, you can then leave with the prisoners you can get out of the cells."

The troopers tense- while afraid and clearly preferring a retreat they are cornered right now, perhaps even desperate- and most of them will probably try to fight to the end.

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Mila dispels the prepared offensive spell and nods.

“Thank you, Red. You’ve saved lives today”

She then turns to the others.

“Release the prisoners and scatter to the ward. No one bleeds today.”

She then maintains a high “alert” of observation and preparedness until the cells are emptied and the prisoners (and those who came with her) had vanished into the streets. She then Dimension Doors out of the area once everything is concluded. What the locals do to the outpost after they leave is not her concern.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The Hardheads form up in two lines, retreating in order under the hooting and shouting of the Hivers.

Of course they had no time to clean everything up and while they tried to burn some important documents the anarchists still find several pages they can salvage.

Inside the cells Mila finds several prisoners- among them two Anarchists who were caugt in a recent raid- but her mark, the woman she came for- is missing.

"Did you get her? Did you find her?" One of them, a man she has seen only a few time as his cell is mostly involved in forgeries adresses her.

"The lobsters were all excited about some woman. They knocked her out, gagged her and put her into a suit of their armour. Have you caught them? What is so important about her?"

Outside the Hivers are celebrating this victory in their own way, some of them already waiting to loot this place a few others already welcoming the return of anarchy by celebrating some violence on their neighbours.
The clapping and shouting turns into a roar as Twister Mick takes doen the Harmonium banner, throwing it into the crowd.

The retreating troopers are threatened and insulted in many coloutful and creative ways, a few ugly things are thrown at them but so far noone dared to attack them.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

"Sly bastards" Mila curses. "Alrighty. They got her... they fooled us good. No matter... can't chase 'em down now. She might have my name in her head but that's all she knows... Release the others and get lost. You guys done us proud today!"

Back in her disguise, she heads to the old jail where the prisoners are held. She speaks to one of the thugs guarding the area and nods to one of the Harmonium Notaries.

“That one gets to go home to his family. Wrap him up and blindfold him. Make sure he’s secured”

They would take the single prisoner and tie him up almost mummified like. He would be placed in a body cart and taken to the edge of the ward near the Market. He would be released with the following notes attached to him for his superiors.

Note #1:
wrote:“We heard you released a bunch of prisoners on our behalf in the last 24 hours. Your measure made the right choice and walked away. In that regard we release one of your men. He is unharmed, well fed and taken care of. This is in exchange for those prisoners you already released.
Note #2:
wrote:A short time ago the Triad raided the homes of those suspected of helping the Revolution. You abducted these people and carried them to be locked away. You forcefully removed fathers and brothers from their families and left wives and children to starve. You tore apart homes that depended on the incomes these innocent men brought to their families.

Now we have responded in kind.

5 days ago we removed from the Authority of the Triad, six individuals. A Measure two and her unit of four Notaries and a member of the Fraternity.

What happens to these people, all of them loyal and upstanding members of your Factions, falls directly to you. They can be returned to you alive and well or you can turn your backs on them, abandoning them to their own fate like uncaring cowards. The choice is yours.

If you wish to have them freedÂ… you will release the people you took from your recent raids and all the other Revolutionaries you currently hold. You will release them unharmed and without condition, trail or rune. This is the only thing that will make this option viable.

If you do anything but the first choice, if you delay longer than our demanded time, if you attempt to stall or confuse the situation, if you attempt to back-scry any response to us either through paper, magic or tracker, if you do anything other than release the prisoners you have, the first option will no longer be valid. You will never see your people again.

We will release our prisoners once you have complied and not before. You have 48 hours to decide.
”

((A copy of the notes is also sent to the families of the hostages. Negotiation is always expected should they decide to take that route.))
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

"And I was so hopeful of recruting. Very well its simple enough. As for patience we have it when it is needed. We also have long memories. We never forget when a favour is owed. I trust neither will you."
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

"Nobody said shit about favors owed... especially to a dustie. This is a payment deal. I ain't signing over my afterlife to the likes of you. We work out a deal now or you go back to your necrophilia and I find someone else."
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Emila smiles

"I didn't ask for your afterlife. I will not stand here and be insulted however, you will have to find someone else."

She turns around and walks away.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Mila smirks as Emila walks away.

"Haughty bitch can't take a few pokes... oh well. No great loss. The reds would smell her coming a mile away anyhow..."

She heads back to her friends at the bar.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

As much as she would never admit it but she is very haughty and the pokes did not sit well with her. Her temper dictated she poked back. She crossed the hive making straight for the Harmonium outpost. She knocked on the door and waited to enter.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The outpost is a low, sturdy building, perhaps the only one with bricked and mortared walls for half a league. Small windows and a reinforced door hint at its use. A parapet can be seen on the flat roof, a guard looking down at Emila curiously but she does not hail her. Behind the armoured woman flies the banner of the Harmonium, the pike carrying it set into the corner of the roof.

At her knocking a small window is opened and a face of a human, middleaged male appears. He seizes her up and seeing her robes he clears his throat.

"Greetings, Citizen. We have no corpses here today."