The Chant

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Word spreads through the Anarchist information network. People have taken note of the blow that has been struck for the cause, people are impressed. They are looking for the cutter responsible. Someone, and it is never clear exactly who would like to talk to The Eagle. As always the barman at the bottle and jug sees and hears a lot.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Slavers and slavery? Simple... make it too dangerous for the slavers to operate here. If that's high on your priority list I'd advise you to simply run them out of the city, disrupt their activities and scatter their slaves to the shadows. No sense in buying them... only keeps the slavers heading out into the planes for more.

As for Guvners walking alone. Maybe in the Lady's ward... but I'd be real careful acting in that area. You have got to know the ins and outs of the place real good before you even pass gas in that Ward. If you catch them walking anywhere else... opportunity is opportunity. Just use your head. They don't usually go places most Hardheads go. They like to be in the public. Nervous little shits.

Moratorium... yeah, I've just got one so far. Nothing happens in the market that can endanger other people. I've got an old agreement with one of the Indeps high ups. An understanding if you will. We leave his market alone... we get access to specific supply routes.
*Powderhorn

Posted by *Powderhorn »

"Well, if there are no specific targets in mind, I shall look to the slavers. Can you get me, perhaps, a collar that so shocks the user, not something gentle mind, but something that will kill in, say, fifteen seconds or so, a thirty foot length of blackened rope, a cat suit I can burn, a goat, and a small bell?" she asks, apparently completely serious.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

*raises an eyebrow slightly then smiles slightly*

"Gimme a day or so... I'll get you what you need..."

Chuckles to himself and has another drink.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

"The masks are precautionary... and cannot be removed until we are sure of your wishes. It would have been foolish to simply walk you in here, unmask ourselves, then allow you to leave without an agreement between us. At the very least... that would have most likely caused your "forever unsolved disappearance" from the city. At least this way you still get to walk away in good health and safety should you refuse our offer."
*Powderhorn

Posted by *Powderhorn »

"I thought I had already accepted," she says with a laugh lingering in her tone.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Before this meeting... you had accepted to walk with the Revolution, I agree. Countless faces walk in the Revolution on terms of their own. This meeting was to invite you into my family... this *motions to those in the room* family. A cell of your own. To be part of something more than most cutters claim to be part of.

That's the intent here.
*Powderhorn

Posted by *Powderhorn »

"Before the meeting, yes. And now?" she asks.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

"Well that depends on you... "

looks at the emblem he set down expecting you to either accept it or decline. It's slightly different than the one you would have been given earlier. It has the image of a burning bird intertwined on it.
*Powderhorn

Posted by *Powderhorn »

She nods and picks up the coin. "Doubt I'll keep it on me, mind you. Would be rank stupidity to be caught with it." She waits a moment, and says, "Now then," looking to the group of them, perhaps a little expectantly.