The Chant

*Powderhorn

Posted by *Powderhorn »

"Though I believe you as much as one can in these sorts of situations, that is not nearly enough," she says politely, but firmly, refusing the food. She sits, patiently, and then says, "What would you like to discuss?"
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

“Straight to the point” he nods while taking a sip of his drink to wash down his food. “Very well. I wanted to discuss your part in this fight. Admittedly you have begun to draw attention to the movement. While never a bad thing, we do need to come to an understanding, and hopefully… a mutual respect. What you do affects us as a whole. What we do will have a profound effect on you as well. We both need to understand that our actions do not affect only one of us… but all of as a whole.

You are an expert shot. I admire that. Few can hit their target in this city without being seen doing it. You are to be commended on your ability. You have made your statements to the city by your work. They are keenly aware of you now. What happens here, today, will decide how that affects us all. It will decide the directions many of us will take when we walk out of here.

Before we continue… do you have any questions or concerns you wish addressed?”
*Powderhorn

Posted by *Powderhorn »

"They can wait until we discuss what needs being discussed," she says simply. "You were the ones who wished me here, so surely you have something to say. I am all a-flutter to hear it." She speaks not with meanness or sarcasm, but with a sort of half-smile, as if enjoying a private joke.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

"Yes, we invited you hereÂ… we did not order you here. Please remember that distinction. As I said, what we, each of us, do in the name of the Revolution affects us all. As you imbed an arrow into the skull of an enemy, so we are all marked. As we act in our own ways, so do you pay for our actions. We invited you here in the hopes of showing you this distinction and to extend a hand to you, should you be interested, into a deeper cooperation with us.

UnderstandÂ… I am not your enemy. All of these great men and women can attest to this understanding with each otherÂ… we are all family in this room... We are all equal. There are no masters here. Their voices are as important as my own. Right now, you are a guestÂ… but at some point I would hope to think we could look upon you as a sisterÂ… as one of us.

We fight the scourges that are the Factions. Fanatical and immovable in their beliefs as they are. Powers used to step upon the free peoples of this city. We fight them not because we want to, few of us get pleasure in causing death, but because we have toÂ… as the lowly common folk cannot stand in defence of themselves. We are a united front against the tyranny that plagues this city. We are the only wall that stands between the free peoplesÂ… and their would be masters.

That is why you’re here…”

He takes another bite of his meal as he turns the floor over to her or anyone else willing to speak.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Across the room a pale skinny tiefling speaks. His voice is slightly nasal.

Nix here is quite eloquent. I'm not. That lot downstairs, a bunch of whinging posers. We think more of you than we do them. We think that you believe in freedom whatever the cost. We believe in that too. We'd like to help you, and we'd like you to help us. Taking on the faction's alone in the way you are is hard. Friends would help."
*Powderhorn

Posted by *Powderhorn »

"Surely, there are fine distinctions between ordered and invited, I merely said wished, implying neither. Had you, or anyone, presumed to order, I would not be here at all." She pauses, giving each a long look. Finally she says, "Let us get to the meat of the matter then. One can only fine on preceding dishes so long."
*Powderhorn

Posted by *Powderhorn »

"How can we help each other, then?" she asks simply enough.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

The tiefling answers.

"What you are doing will work for now. But not forever they aren't stupid they are already reacting. We can offer you shelter supplies and support."
*Powderhorn

Posted by *Powderhorn »

"Certainly understandable. For my part, I should like to see slavery expelled from Sigil, even if it means buying every slave and freeing them ourselves, the slavers to the devil. I cannot do so myself, as it may well tie the person to the identity. Further still, I wish to personally target the Mercykillers and the Guvners, they being two other legs of this stool of oppression. Their guards are down, comparatively, and they share in guilt. I warn you, however, these moves on them may well be perfectly horrible for some to observe, with the aim of striking terror into their hearts. I do not relish it, mind you. Thoughts?" she finally asks, looking around the room.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

The tiefling flashes a smile filled with pointed teeth. He looks at the man he address as Nix.

"I think that's what we wanted to hear isn't it?"