The Chant

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Scrawled onto the paper is an address. It indicates a house in the hive near by the Mortuary.
*Powderhorn

Posted by *Powderhorn »

It was some time before she would go to the address, another few days since her meal at the Bottle and Jug. In this line of work, patience is everything. Besides, they wanted to meet her.

Still, she did finally resume her cloak and hood, and made her way there.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

The door of the house is made of metal as she bangs on it, it makes makes a dull hollow sound there is a click as a small strip of metal is pulled back and a pair of pale eyes stare out. Then a bright light from within shines into her face making it impossible to see. A gruff voice enquirers:

"What!?"
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

//Obviously carry on here as would be natural for the conversation, and I will see you in game for promotions and xp as appropriate.
*Powderhorn

Posted by *Powderhorn »

((Heh, I'm not even worried about that. Was towards the end of the shift on 3 - 4 hours of sleep, got home, popped on for 5 or 10, fell asleep. Now it's back to saving the world for another 12!))

The girl finally takes some food, and rather than using silverware, balls the food up with her fingers, eating it extraordinarily quickly, not saying anything between mouthfuls.

Finally, she asks, "So, what irons have you all got in the fire?"
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Bill, as he has now introduced himself as, sat and ate with the others. Most, like the Eagle, ate with their fingers, washing it down with cheap ale or water. Nothing about this place was wealthy. Seems they existed as most others in the HiveÂ… simple and without excess.

Bill leaned back against the wall and rolled a smoke. He considered her question for a long time before he answered.

“Well… besides our own little pet projects, there is one thing I’m working on. While I can’t go into great detail right now, I can tell you this much. If I can get my hands on some specific items, items I’ve already sent people out for… this city is going to undergo a great change of mood.

Just imagine if the factions could never again fully trust their own? If every member was looked at with suspicion and uncertainty? I’ve been given the means to make that happen… I just have to have our people bring back what I need. Then… phase two starts and this city starts to turn on itself. Nothing like watching factions implode to brighten my mood. Once the mistrust is seeded in the factions, no matter if they manage to figure it out or not, it’ll be too late. The seeds are there. They will never know for sure who to trust. Not even the Lady herself could get them to change that”, he chuckles and takes a sip of whiskey from his flask.

“Once they start to implode… it’s the perfect time to light them up and bring them down”.
*Powderhorn

Posted by *Powderhorn »

The Eagle nods, listening to the man's words. "There is truth to what you say. Perhaps I can help, though the specifics would have to be worked out. I think, I think, something like a delayed fireball on someone going into the barracks might work wonders. Assuming everyone dies from the blast, it will look like one of their own blew the place up."

She ponders over the thought, smiling wistfully. "Do you think that would work, and, would you like me to attempt to implement it?"
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

“It’s a little more complicated than that…”

He leans back taking a long drag off his smoke, letting the smoke drift into the air above him.

“While a fireball in the barracks would cause some damage… they’d most certainly know where it came from. It wouldn’t be… unexpected and would probably be dispelled or counter-spelled before it actually did everything you wanted. Contrary to the regular chant on the streets, security in the Barracks is tight and effective. Simply walking in to set something off would be difficult at best.

While there are ample targets to hit, the Harmonium, Mercykillers and Fraternity have been at war with us for a long time. Our methods must change over time if they are to be effective. Even your snipingÂ… theyÂ’ve already begun to adapt to it, to the point where I imagine two or three more shots and theyÂ’ll have you pegged.

So we take other measuresÂ… literally.

What if one could replace members of the factions with perfect, undetectable, copies? Imagine that. A member of any faction goes on a trip somewhere. They’re gone for a couple weeks then return. During that time, perhaps they were captured and killed, then… copied. They return home to the barracks, walk past the dogs or security with ease and they’re inside. What wonders could they do? From planting explosives to espionage to inside attacks to sabotage. The factions have far too many members to keep track of every single member. Some will fall through the cracks. Eventually, once word gets out that copies are infiltrating the ranks… suddenly everyone becomes suspect. Members turn on each other in mistrust. No matter who they’re looking at, they’ll never be 100 percent sure they’re looking at the real person… or a copy.”

He smiles darkly between a sip and a smoke

“How much damage do you think that will do? Just enough to knock them off balance and hit them when they’re confused. Like a tower of cards they’ll fall. Trust within the ranks will never be regained. Checkmate”
*Powderhorn

Posted by *Powderhorn »

"That would certainly require powerful magics, as far as I can tell," Levria says, looking over the group. "If it can be done, then excellent, however, I don't believe I'll be able to help with it, unless you need for someone to make these individuals disappear in the first place."

After a pause, she adds, "Still, if it can be done, I imagine it would cause quite a bit of consternation in their ranks. I don't know about a house of cards, but consternation none the less."
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Bill simply smiled and took another sip out of his flask. He said what he wanted and, for now, it was enough. He admired the ambition that this new cell member brought but knew she had a lot to learn about how things worked in Sigil. He would keep an eye on her to ensure she didnÂ’t find herself in a corner she couldnÂ’t get out of but would always keep his distance. He had eyes in every corner of this cityÂ… she would be safe.

He would continue conversing about idle things, talking to his cell mates about his philosophies and views. He encouraged them and supported their wishes. Bill was a “high up” for a reason and it was his gift of words that kept him there.

Hopefully Eagle would come to understand the city and how it worked. It would be a massive undertaking but one he was sure she could overcome.