Para-interactive: There Is No Doubt

*A Casual Fellow

Posted by *A Casual Fellow »

((As discussed in the "New Blood, Old Blood" thread, this is Doubts attempt to victimize a person of law. I invite anyone to feel free playing the part of the NPC victim, PC victims I'll try to deal with in-game so this is just something I can do during my off-time.

Doubt is a wizard, he'll be using potentially the following spells:

Quickened Dominate Person [By PnP it'd be 1 day per caster level, I'd only like ability to use this on NPC]
Quickened Dimension Door
Persistent Clairvoyance))

Doubt as planned does indeed trail a member of the Fraternity of Order, although his method is a persistent Clairvoyance using his own glass eye to observe near the City court entrance. Waiting to near the time of anti-peak and to see any members of Fraternity leaving the City Court alone, in a weary posture and hopefully yawning, only humanoids at that. If they do not have any insignias of Fraternity of Order on them, they're inadequate to be considered targets. Ideally someone who's physically quite fit - as to refer that they're spending time training muscles rather than mental practice.

For this task Doubt is wearing rather casual, standard line "above-average-commoner" outfit in the colour of white, the facial fuzz and hair have been dyed to a dark brown. His eyes, both are burgundy hued, only minimalistic alteration in the shade of it. Then if he sees someone that fits the profile, he'll finish his at the time non-alcoholic drink and go after the said character. He keeps a distance to the target always... and if they stop at any point, he will not stop but rather continue walking, even if going past them as to not raise suspicions.

Would there come any moment where they are alone, or end up to their home in whichever form it may appear, he'd finally make his move in an attempt to non-chalantly quickened dominate person on them and immediatelly act natural as if he wasn't the cause of it... assuming it was a botched attempt and the sheer speed of the quickened spell would make the entire matter last barely any time for the other to react.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

He does not have to wait long a group of three leave the court. A tall skinny tiefling girl a comically mismatched short squat dwarf and a hovering leathery imp. They say their goodbyes to each other and make their respective ways home seperatly.

The tiefling and the dwarf both wear robes baring the insigna of the Fraternity, the imp wears a badge on a chain around its neck. They all walk slowly the two humanoids having bags under their eyes the result of doing paperwork by candle light. Its harder to tell how tired the imp is but it zig zags as it flies.
*A Casual Fellow

Having studied the trio he considered the options for a while, looking through the clairvoyance at the dwarf and the tiefling in particular. Alas the imp due to fiendish heritage was unsuitable... sure he could use a more potent version of the spell however such would increase the odds of being caught. Next was the dwarf quite suitable by physique, alas it was well known that dwarves had some capabilities to shrug off magical influences quite well... that left the tiefling. Perfectly victimizable by enchantments, she was the most suitable of the three.

He finally moved out from the safety to follow the tiefling. Keeping his distance, however focuses on the clairvoyance a while longer to see if anyone was following the two of them... though it was a static location, it still could serve a purpose to indicate time he had to act. Kept looking for a chances to act against the said tiefling.

That is dark streets that have no other people, or if there were then occupied by loud noises or activities as to have their attention fixed on such. If neither of those chances came up, then the destination of the target had to do. He kept an eye out to whether they were zig-zagging through unnecessary pattern that could indicate attempts to determine whether or not she was followed.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

The streets of the lady's ward are dark and empty, the only light and noise coming from around the taverns that remain open. She walks past one and a voice calls out to her. It belongs to a tall fire gensai the embers of his body visible on the night's sky. They seem to know each other,they talk and flirt for what is roughly ten minutes. He takes her hand and seems to be inviting her in. For a dreadful few seconds it seems all will be lost. She pulls away however thinking of some excuse. They lean close to each other. They kiss? No they both seem to akwardly change their minds at the last minute. She makes her way on, up hill skitting quickly past the armoury and towards the dark narrow tunnel towards the lower ward.
*A Casual Fellow

Hiding behind a corner and only peeking barely with his left eye, the real eye every now and then to follow the progress. He appeared quite displeased for the time, seeing that the plan might be botched by a romatic couple, even the thought of just killing the other crossed his mind albeit passed as unnecessarily risky. However it seemed like such drastic action wasn't required. He followed the tiefling, slowing down only a moment to make sure the genasi had indeed went his own way and then rush after the tiefling... it was now or possibly never.

If the genasi had indeed went away and not appear like they had changed their mind right away, then he'd proceed presuming the next condition would also be met; the tiefling was alone in the said tunnel.

If that is the case, he finally decides to cast the quickened dominate person on her [Dominate Person - DC:30]. The swift action it takes is a bare minimal gesture that he quickly continues as a hand-comb through his hair to appear non-chalant would the spell fail at its function, followed by a quick grasp on his head and look around in confusion as if his will had been also tested [Perform: 14+1d20 = <you can roll and decide!>].

((He only has one quickened dominate person, otherwise a single dominate monster prepared. Just to establish that he doesn't have infinite attempts.))
*A Casual Fellow

After having been freed of suspicion, he leads the victim to a quiet spot and starts to murmur in her ear. Sticking to the "romantic interest act" "I need to know a few things about you, whisper the answers. First is, where do you live? Second, do you live alone? Third, are you expecting anyone at your kip today or tomorrow?"
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

She stares straight ahead still keeping a hold of his hand, the dominate spell robbing her of her free will as well as the imagination to lie or act. Useful when it comes to answering his questions not so useful for keeping up a convincing facade, but they are alone for now.

"I live on Foundry Lane in the lower ward. I live with my father and we are expecting no visitors but he is elderly and does not leave much, he will be there most of the time."

She answers in a whisper staring directly ahead. Her eyes focus on nothing in particular.
*A Casual Fellow

Doubt considered his possibilities. Thinking out loud, well in murmur rather than out loud per say but within her hearing range "Interesting... troublesome, but interesting." he considered his options; initiate the captivity now leads to quick discovery and concern. A potential Harmonium witness making it troublesome indeed. Next is acting which proves difficult with someone he doesn't know to begin with, two infact and try to convince something with her current situations flaws. Third is obviously dealing with the person either to the final step or to temporal one...

He took his time to consider the options before finally deciding. "Too many variables that could be dangerous, come with me." leading the victim down to the Under Sigil, to the intended location to store his victims. Looking around to ensure there was no one near to see, and once reaching the end of path. Casting a cantrip to produce light and as such an ability to sense colors, he reaches to press the colourful rubble in sequence; yellow, red, green, blue and white. This would open up a narrowpath through the rubble to the shut off-section, absent of light and shuts the path behind himself.

*if something happens on the way, feel free to notify! The rest of it is mostly to disclose the capture*

He finally turns to his victim, from his satchel taking out a new set of clothes. The clothes for her size could be considered rather loose fitting and absent of the convenience of tail-hole. "Change to these clothes, and put all you own in here." he said while placing an empty basket next to the clothes. He wouldn't grant her the commodity of privacy even during it, although thankfully neither took any advances. Next he handed a small case for her, the case would contain ten tobaccos, consisting of devil weed... the cheapest drug in the market and while not the most addictive, quite easily and cheaply purchased from several places. "I also need you to start smoking these on regular basis. Here's a flint so you can light them up." granting her a flint stone designed specifically to create sparks to light things up.

"But you look weary, so rest my darling. Tomorrow we'll have more work to do..." Producing some cheap sleeping bag for her to use and reducing the light... he remained to watch the captive for a while and to ensure she did indeed smoke the drug as well. Before leaving he did a few things; check what was in her possessions, the basket taken with him as well, re-placing the clairvoyance to the location alongside a simple light spell to keep an eye out for her even when not there. Obviously his first act was to re-dye his hair in discretion and change to his more "common" outlook for public.

Due to the nature of Domination spell, he had to make sure to concentrate every day to maintain it for the remainder of duration for at least a round per day.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

He sees the gensai return to the inn and is as sure as one can be that he is no longer present.

As he enters into the tunnel his quarry is indeed alone. Her foot falls echo of the narrow walls and she navigates the darkness with the perfect precision, her eye sight a gift of her fiendish blood. She is as yet utterly unaware of him.

He casts his spell and as he pronounces the final syllable and makes the last clipped quickened gesture he is given a glimpse of her thoughts and feelings as his mind is brought into contact with hers. Confusion, panic about the strange feeling that afflicts her, surprise as she turns to see him and then struggle. Finally he feels her weariness part of her that actually feels glad to just give up and have someone else do the thinking for her.

He feels her will slip away under his, all of this takes less than a second, and that was nearly too long from the other end of the tunnel he hears the footfalls of heavy boots, the owner of them still out of sight.
*A Casual Fellow

He has a difficulty of concealing his triumph, only to be washed away by concern of the approaching steps. He felt the rush, but quickly cast it aside as to arouse as little suspicion as possible. Having no time to waste he went closer his victim to grasp her into an embrace with his arms wrapped around her and murmur into her ear.

"Don't be afraid, I'm just someone you know and like. I surprised you, but beyond initial shock it's alright since you know me, Gawain. We've been meeting a couple weeks, now return my hug and act natural around such scenario... I have need of you. So we'll talk more once we're alone.

He acts his part of a casual romantic interest, as to appear plausible for strangers, in hopes it was no one she knew.