Meeting

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

A meeting is requested by Phoenix and those who are familiar with him.

(((All Anarchs he knows IG or has met. If you have an Anarch he doesnÂ’t know, feel free to chime inÂ… but please take into account that several security steps would be taken to ensure there are no plants there specifically to get to him or the others. IÂ’m just doing a forum meeting for simplicity sake and not for an excuse for someone to slide in to out us)))

Phoenix, his face covered much like everyone else in the abandoned tavern in the Slags, sits on the bar, leaning against the wooden post that runs from the end of the bar-top to the ceiling. He watches the door as people trickle in. Once heÂ’s satisfied that everyoneÂ’s hereÂ…

“Well… good to see you folks come out. Shows you have dedication to the cause. Due to things being as they are, I’ll make this quick.

As youÂ’ve no doubt noticed... IÂ’ve given an ultimatum to the RedsÂ… Back off, return to the way things were or bad things are going to happen. WellÂ… seems theyÂ’ve blinked. According to the paper, theyÂ’re willing to back offÂ… accept the majority of our demandsÂ… so long as we snuff the Cartel out, in the city, for them.

So… I’ve asked you, my brothers and sisters, to come here to discuss it… Here’s my take. I don’t want to become the “underworld” hunters for the Reds. We certainly don’t want to become their lackeys… but if we can show the people that the Reds will back down, without drawing a blade… that’s great public relations. Not only do we show the people that they can stand up to any force but it also shows our more moderate members that we do indeed listen to their concerns.

NowÂ… IÂ’m not going to make a decision for the revolution. IÂ’ll not force anyone here to do anything theyÂ’re not interested in doing, but I would certainly love to come to a consensus on a path we should take. It is in our handsÂ… itÂ’s either going to be peaceful or all out warÂ…

Please donÂ’t be shy in speaking your mind. It is your right."
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

*Nemesis appeared, perhaps to one's surprise*

I'll speak in favor of snuffing out the Cartel, but I also want some men to help me in a more covert mission, a simple yes or no will do.
*Lutemasta

Posted by *Lutemasta »

The disguised Halfling E.W that Phoenix was contacted about by Templar speaks his mind on the topic as well

Ill also vote for the idea to drive out the Cartel completely , though my thought on the whole "Have them back down without drawing a blade" idea is a bit unrealistic dont you think?
At least when it is about gaining the citizens favor.
Of course many support us but do we really think that just because we dont resort to violence on a few occasions that the people will suddenly view us as diplomats?

*kitteninablender

Posted by *kitteninablender »

With that, a small child would step from the shadows. The child's form would shift into everybody's favorite Top-hat wearing Changeling.

"Good evening. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Rith Fiddir. Don't bother, I know most of you already...it's kind of what I do for a living. And I'm going to let you in on a little secret: The Harmonium doesn't keep their word.

Recently, I rescued a woman by the name of Trixy, who was being held captive by doomguard. The Harmonium had found some acidic something or other that the doomguard wanted, and so they held Trixie captive until your's truly took care of them and freed her...and then afterwards, I cooperated with the harmonium. I gave them maps and supply cache locations...because I didn't want innocent people to die in the war with the Cartel and the Harmonium. I helped the Harmonium because Notary Kour asked me to...because she's not a corrupt <<I like teddy bears>> like the rest of them. I saved an innocent woman, I gave the Harmonium information to keep them from raiding innocent people's homes...and then what did they do!? They put a bounty on me in S.I.G.I.S! After I helped them! After I tried to make a difference, they put a bounty on me just because I used to do odd jobs for D'Kridis!

I was never part of his "inner circle." I was never one of his trusted men...I was a mercenary! And they STILL want to throw my ass in jail, even after cooperating. Then, to top it all off, they blew up the man's HOUSE...no warrant, no due process...

All I ask you si this: Do you REALLY think that the Harmonium is going to keep their word? Do you really think they are going to do what they say? They are going to do to you what they did to me....get what they want out of you, and then try and slap you in irons!! So before you decide to become lapdogs to your mortal enemies...just remember that once they put that leash upon you, they shall never remove it."

At that point Rith would try to leave, peacefully, if allowed.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

((I would hope that Rith is an actual Anarchist as this meeting is strictly for those characters and not honoured guests. If not then I’ll have to ignore that post. If so then he’d get the following reply from ‘Nix))

WeÂ’ve no intention of becoming lapdogs and if you knew anything about me or those who fight alongside meÂ… weÂ’ve never been ones to trust the RedsÂ… IÂ’ve dealt with them far too many times to worry about that. TheyÂ’ve some trick up their sleeveÂ… thatÂ’s for sureÂ… but this can most certainly help us.

If we were to agree to their offerÂ… then we get what we want. We get things back to normal. The people get what they wantÂ… a quiet city brought to them by the good folks of the Revolution. The Cartel gets removed after we sick our dogs on themÂ… and we get the satisfaction knowing full well that if the Reds do turn on usÂ… breaking their dealÂ… then the people have all the proof in the Multiverse that they must rid the city of them.

My voteÂ… we do thisÂ… itÂ’s good for our causeÂ… and the city.
*Zahir

Posted by *Zahir »

After a short and unidentified source of lingering pixie sound, Wasp shows himself with a wide grin on hisface.

Begins speak:
"First, I would like get your attention on a simple fact, since long ago we must be our own living baits, but now... We could recover the cartel's weakpoints, and use them as baits instead ourself."

After a short pause...
"We should balancing on the usual edge, but this time we have a new situation, a favorevole. Let's use it."

[OOC: my main char is involved, so I want not take serious part, just a bit RP here and there.]
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

ooc: Any of our other Anarchist members want to pipe in before we decide?
*Cenpuppie

Posted by *Cenpuppie »

Speaking from table Griffin speaks up

"Hmm. Let's give a little take a little. Why don't we meet them half and see if they respond. Let's by give them several Cartel locations in the Hive and see if they loosen their grip"
*kitteninablender

Posted by *kitteninablender »

Rith would turn to face several of the Anarchs, trying to appeal to them.

"You don't know me. But I count myself among you. I've been an Anarch since the beginning...but I've also worked for the Cartel. Odd jobs here and there, nothing serious. I'm hardly one of Hildmor's inner circle...but because I've worked for them at times the harmonium treats me as a criminal. I have chosen not to walk amongst you all because of this, in fear of reprisal from the Harmonium. But I say this now: I am one of you. Our objectives are the same. I tried to appeal to them....and they cast me aside like garbage.

They...will...do...the..same...to...you!

The Harmonium's word is meaningless. They make the laws, so all they have to do is change them at their whim the moment it suits their interests. If you allow yourselves to become pawns of your enemies, you take away from yourselves the one thing that the Anarchs stand for: Freedom. Once they have you on that muzzle, they won't take it away. Once they have you at their beck and call, they shall command you to Heel...

Even if they welch on the deal, you won't have 'evidence.' They'll just spin it in the newspapers as Anarch propoganda, 'the word of lawless men.' Even if we have evidence, who among Sigil's population will believe you? Believe us? If you concede to their demands, concede to their shady deals....then the Harmonium has already won.

But this isn't for me to decide. I'm not one of your flagboys. Before now, most of you didn't even know I existed, or that I even gave you all my support.

But what I leave you now with is this: The Harmonium are tyrants. Cruel, sadistic, they are as bullies upon a playground taking your lunch money to bribe them to leave you alone. But in the end, bullies are still just bullies. They enforce their will upon others, scare them into submission, they get their way through intimidation and veiled threats.

I won't have it. I won't do it. If you concede to this plan, then you do it without my support.

Good day, gentlemen."
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

‘Nix looks at everyone closely, gauging their initial reactions before speaking again

“Well… seems we’ve got a wide spread of ideas… some more impassioned than others…

AlrightÂ… this is how I see it after hearing from you all.

We maintain our current course. Our demands to the Harmonium will standÂ… and we will not become their attack dogsÂ… We will not hunt in their name.

We will, however, encourage our brothers and sisters to root out the CartelÂ… send them running into the streets, out of the holes they hide inÂ… for natural selection to see to their fates. Let the chips fall where they may after that.

If the Harmonium will not agree to this, if they continue their current oppressive tacticsÂ… we will do as I promised and burn their stores and exhaust their manpower by forcing them to double their patrol sizes to prevent abductionÂ… a tactic they cannot do indefinitely. If that failsÂ… then it will be time to apply more pressureÂ… pressure that they will not appreciateÂ…

And I know just the person to do that.

Anything else to add before we depart?”