Too many concessions

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

This is what happens, brothers and sisters, when you make too many concessions with morally pious agents of Order.

They wished to set up a system of educationÂ… with few conditions from usÂ… they were left alone.

Soon after, they wished to set up a vast orphanage. Again we say little and they go ahead with their plans.

Now with the moral victory of both of these deeds under their belts, they plow forward with a plan to bring a capitalist system of wage slavery into the Hive.

How many concessions must we make until it is painfully apparent to us that their intent is to bring the Hive under the control of these outside forces? To bring a form of Order the Harmonium would be proud of into our homes? Even during face to face discussions with them, they refused to name their “benefactors” and simply said “someone who has the gold to do whatever they wish”.

This is their intent. To bring the people to the trough of gluttonyÂ… to fatten them with promises of wealth and greed. To ensure the people have all fed from their hands long enough for them to addict them to the taste of gold.

They cannot be permitted to bring this taint to the Hive. The people deserve better. They deserve the rights of freedom. They deserve the right of safe food supplies without the need to grovel in front of the Moral righteousness of these so called benefactors. They deserve warm coverings and clean infirmaries without having to answer to the Order demanded from these outsiders.

They deserve the freedom to have their basic needs met without being forced to feed from the trough of greed these… “Noble people”… will force them to eat from.

We are all aware that gold brings slavery. That forcing another to toil for a pittance while the master profits on the sweat of the worker is not what freedom should be. It is well known that the people who work the hardest, bleed the most and sweat the mostÂ… profit the least. It is the fat master that gains the most. We cannot allow that system to be encouraged in the Hive. The people suffer because of their rejection to the methods and systems of the Masters controlling the other Wards. We cannot allow their suffering to be of naught.

We must ensure those who bring this corrupt system into our home do not succeed. IÂ’m not calling for you to strike out at them to cause physical harm. IÂ’m not calling for you to make them bleed. What I am calling for you to do is to make their tasks overwhelming and very costly. Disruption of shipments and caravans, Disruptions of workplaces, Mass strikes, Protests, removal of property, overwhelming of supply centers. Force them to triple their guardsÂ… triple their costsÂ… make it extremely unpopular for them to continue. Should this form of resistance failÂ… then we will consider other options. Although Nemesis has stepped away from view for a timeÂ… I will use his method of bloodless resistance before other methods. I will not turn my back on the moderates who follow our cause.

We have enough of a fight ahead of us freeing the rest of the city without having to worry about losing the ground we have gained in the Hive.

They will not bring slavery to the people. They will not profit off of the sweat of the people. They will not feed off the blood of the people. This I promise.

Freedom be yours.

~Phoenix~
*Lutemasta

Posted by *Lutemasta »

Templar responds enraged at the notice of slavery in the hive!

"This wont be accepted! Not by me or my fellow cell members! I say we take immediate action and not with words this time ,with force ,with blood and with death!
I wont tolerate this any longer!"

Templar
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

I won't tell you how to react, Templar, but I will ask you to restrain yourself for the time being. I do not think these people act with direct ill intent. I believe, overall, their motives are good. They are, however, making the wrong choices and ignoring facts. That is why I have suggested we simply make it very difficult for them to succeed and very expensive for them to try.

Should that fail... and I hope it will not... we will consider other actions. For now, brother... simply sabotage their efforts until they give up and abandon their crusade.
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

"Sure, let's just stand back and watch as the people will get used to being paid, and then get all confused about the fact that they'll be awfully mad when that money and "benefactor" are gone. It is best to destroy a plant before it roots itself into the ground, then after it grows and laughs the wind of change in it's face.

Darkstar"
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

You are correct, Darkstar... the plant should not be permitted to take root, but we must try a more measured approach to begin with. Many of our cells are still in disarray due to the fracture caused by the mess the Shaper left. When Shark's cell was forced to scatter it formed a rift between those of us who act... and those who talk. We must take into consideration both sides and it is easier to try mild acts first than to follow up with them after fire.

Again... I'll not tell you how to act. You are free to do as you wish... as is your right, I only ask that you attempt to disuade them in a bloodless manner first. Do not let them come close to introducing wage slavery and if it looks like our bloodless efforts are failing... then we will move forward knowing we have done all we can to listen to our moderate brothers and sisters and they will have to accept that and support our other options.
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

"Very well... bloodless then? Just point me to the place these hounds are setting up this... whole wage mess." //I have no idea where this is going on xD//
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

As far as I know they are currently in the infant stages... scouting out the Hive, making connections... that sort of thing.

We were approached by the one called "Phantom" in an attempt to gain our favour for them to proceed. Our representative told him we would not support their actions and suggested more neutral actions that would benefit more... they, of course, refused as there is no profit to be made from faceless charity I suppose. Based on that information, and the fact that Lux was quoted in SIGIS as showing a keen interest in the Hive... I would not hesitate to suspect both of them and their employer. Of course, other than Phantoms interest, and the fact he refused to name his beneficiary, I cannot verify more of this.
*Lutemasta

Posted by *Lutemasta »

"Phoenix ,first and foremost I respect you and what you do. But this time I will act on my own. Things cant keep going like this ,sabotaging them ,and playing small pranks on them here and there. They need to take us serious and not laugh at us for being a bunch of back stabber. I and who ever in my cell will go with me ,will take immediate action."
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Then I wish you success, brother. Unfortunately I, at this time, cannot fight with violence until I have tried other methods. In order for the Revolution to have any chance of taking hold in the entire city, we must try to unite as many cells as possible. I will heed the will of the Moderates first... and then the more reactive when that fails...

Do not hesitate to call on me to aid you if things go sour. We are still brothers in the war and your well being is important.

Freedom be yours.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Good news

We have come to agreement. They will offer training to the people in all basic trades and in defence. This will allow the people to rebuild the Hive on their own. To patrol it... to defend it. They will allow the people to be independent.

They will not spread gold as reward for labor. The people will trade skills and the products of these skills. They will see to their own needs and will become healthy and strong on their own.

They will also create support stations to help the people until such a time that the people are able to support themselves with this system. Only those willing to learn and become better will be trained as those who do not wish to train will not be forced to. Thos who refuse to train... well... they will eventually have to convince their communities to let them live amounst them... the people will take care of themselves.

There is no further need to oppose them... We will watch them as always and offer what support we can.

So far... this will be very beneficial to the Hive...

It is time for some of our cells to focus their movements on grasslands beyond the portals. The people will need to set up communal farms and will need to learn the skills necessary.

The rest of us... we can now focus on the rest of the city.