UnderSigil

*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Hello Syndicate and Cartel,

You are in no position of negotiation or deciding of laws or rules. As I have stated, you are partial by your own business. You may conduct your business according to the laws that are to be made once we find a fitting group, you may defend your own merchant caravans against illegal activities, but you are no law... or ruler.

You may advice but it is the new group to decide whether they take your advice or not.

Freedom of taxation is not yours, nor ours to decide. Fated have every right to perform their taxation within Sigil territory, until otherwise is chosen in council meeting between faction representatives. Your request upon this once more shows your own business arrangements and loss of your own profit coming in the way of your judgement.

Leaving notation that you only "transfer" power, which you do not have, if your terms are kept, does you no good.

Halmar Thawnbrew
- Bureau Chief B1
- Judge
*Reptiller

Posted by *Reptiller »

Fraternity of Order,

That wasn't exactly what we implied. We'd be more happy with our terms but what you offer seems fair enough to be acceptable. We'll hold onto the village until you find a suitable and effective force to uphold the law. We shall await your word.

-Undersigil Syndicate
*DM_Duke

Posted by *DM_Duke »

Apocolypse nodded and gestured to a map of the village where he detailed points of interest, namley civilian targets.

"This place is an infestation of corruption driven by civilians who are no more innocent of self-deception than they are of guilty deeds. They need to be shown a lesson in force brother, a lesson that they will not forget."

Apocolypse paused.

"Those who stand by the view of revolution would be favoured in respect, given the blessings of the factions protection and its compassion to those who seek freedom...

But to those who live in harmony as slaves to corruption and social melancholy... I propose we divide the wheat from the chaft.

It will put people in perspective of the seriousness of our goals. Sometimes, a few lives are a necessary means to make an example of progress. Those caught in the crossfire who did not step out of its way, deserve to die like animals."

There was the subtlest tone of a dark delight in the mysterious figures voice.

"We should strike the Orphanage in the hive. We will take their children and raise them under our ways, and destroy those who did not help them understand the value of freedom for themselves. We are their guides, and guides should set the right example, by showing them the force of freedom in all its strength and might."

An odd choice of venue but then the enigmatic figure continued with an explination:

"Word echo swiftly. A message sent from the hive will reach the usurper fools of Undersigil and make them think twice before trying their ambitious powers over us once more. We would be praised as heroes for crushing the soft hand of corruption with an iron fist of victory."

He followed with a more pragmatic tone.

"I know of you Phoenix, your reputation preceeds you. I would have you know that we have similar interests, perhaps my methods are more forceful than yours but the result would be the same brother. Even you cannot deny, this city is too soft, fattened by its cowardly and corrupt deligates hiding behind walls of men they pay well to serve them. True loyalty, true honour, should be to stand by your brother by choice, by decision. All in the name of true revolution."

He said conclusivly:

"But there are some, who do not appriciate what that is, they do not know it. They are sheep, drugged by the pleasures of social power and thus, sheep need hearding. Thus, for their own good, it is vital that we set the flagstone for the next generation. They are trained now only to fatten themselves on luxory. We, could raise them into "real" warriors."
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

An interesting outlookÂ… supportive in some waysÂ… flawed in others. If you know my reputation then you know I fight for the freedom of the people of SigilÂ… not the wholesale slaughter of them. While I support your intentions of forceful removal of those who wield the shackles of slaveryÂ… I reject your call to target the people simply because they refuse to take up arms in our name.

I will target and destroy those who oppress the people. I will topple their ivory towers, their courts and their bastions of slavery and tyranny. I will remove those who support them and I will burn their factions to the ground. I will target cults, Cartels, Tribes and any movement who takes the free choice of the people away. I will wage war against the tyrants until I draw breath no longerÂ… and I will die alongside those who fight for freedom. What I will not do is directly target those who refuse to get involved. I will not kidnap children and I will not crush the silent many with the Iron fist of victory.

This line of thinking is reminiscent of the HarmoniumÂ… not the Revolution. We do not force the people to unite behind our bannerÂ… we simply give them the ability to choose their own destinies by removing those who would choose for them. What you imply is forcing them to either support us or perish. We vigilantly oppose that mantra. We are not the Harmonium. We will not force servitude of philosophyÂ… we actively remove those who do.

I think you misjudge who I am. I am here to unite the people under the banner of freedom by choice. I am here to stand as an example of true visionÂ… not fear. The people will choose to follow those who deserve to be followed. I will not force them to kneel before our banner. The people will not fear meÂ… only those who enslave the people will show such fear.

UnderSigil is a cesspoolÂ… of this we can agree, but they are also deserving of freedom of existenceÂ… freedom of choice. We will target those who attempt to enslave or remove this freedom. We will destroy those who attempt to force their version of the Truth on the common man. We will burn anyoneÂ… no matter who they claim to supportÂ… who tries to take the freedom of basic choice from the people. Our targets will always be those who force their views on the common manÂ… and we will not become those people.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Abby,Dec 15 2011 wrote: ((Hildmor asked Abby to join a group in Undersigil which is opposing a destructive Cult by working as a healer for them. Im not sure which thread im supposed to be chiming in on. Is this it? I don't know which of you (if any) is Hildmor. If this is the right place, ill post IC. Abby's relivant skills are her Healing skill of 39. She is a diplomat who is persuasive and difficult to get mad at with a score of 35, and last, has a ridiculous number of healing spells.))
((This thread actually: http://z13.invisionfree.com/nwn2planesc ... topic=3288 I'll make some actual reaction to what is written once I have some time for it to the thread.))
*Abby

Posted by *Abby »

((Hildmor asked Abby to join a group in Undersigil which is opposing a destructive Cult by working as a healer for them. Im not sure which thread im supposed to be chiming in on. Is this it? I don't know which of you (if any) is Hildmor. If this is the right place, ill post IC. Abby's relivant skills are her Healing skill of 39. She is a diplomat who is persuasive and difficult to get mad at with a score of 35, and last, has a ridiculous number of healing spells.))