UnderSigil

*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

*A messenger arrives at the courthouse with word for the Guvners. It is the words of Vorgazar put down in a slightly more coherant and sensible grammar by one who can read and write to a higher standard than the Warchief. But signed with a large 'V' at the end by the Warchief himself.*

Vorgazar is Chief of the Iron Tusk Orc tribe in the area you know as Undersigil. This tribe maintains a relative state of peace in the undersigil region through dominant strength and numbers and has rallied many orcs and various other races under a banner and a leadership.

Although a harmonium style of law enforcement will never be possible in the undersigil area the presence of a dominant and central leadership figure is not a bad thing for the general purpose of keeping the place in the best order possible.

Vorgazar wishes to partition the Guvners support his current activity because he succedes where, before, all others have failed.

With support from above and respect from below Vorgazar can be a port of communication between the Guvners in political relations made between civilised and uncivilised layers of this city and face to voice their opinions to that actually has influence in the area.

It would be worth noting that Vorgazar has no criminal record and has never been arrested by the Harmonium, he is known and respected by many prominant and influential figures in the city of Sigil and has been heavily involved in the past in the protection of Sigil against dark, malevolent forces and also in the re-establisment of order in the Hive when the Anarchist and Mercykiller factions took to open war on the streets. His selfless and heroic actions for the greater good of Sigil have been commended in person by Factol's Darius of the Signers and Sarin of the Harmonium.

The first request Vorgazar would make would be to have the Guvners recognise his and his tribes position in Undersigil and the support that The Iron Tusk has from those that inhabit the Undersigil. For the better of all and to maintain peace in Sigil Vorgazar request that the Guvners require the Harmonium to stay within their own remit and leave Undersigil under the Jurisdiction of Guvner Vorgazar and the Iron Tusk.

All terms are negotiable and all matters discussable.

V
*DaShi

Posted by *DaShi »

Serina reclines in her chair, pondering over a recent document that arrived in the courthouse. "An interesting turn of events," she ponders to herself. "It's certainly something new. It might even push some of our more aggressive citizens out of undersigil and into the open. Yes, I can see some promise here."

Dear Vorgazar,

I have read through your request and am willing to petition it to my superiors. However, I have a few questions for you. In addition, I need to inform you of a few matters that will need to be dealt with to process this request. Finally, I have a proposal to make this process smoother.

Questions:

1. I require more details on how your plan to structure your government. I understand that you will be at the top. However, what positions will be beneath you? What mechanism will you use to design, administer, and regulate laws?

2. We are, of course, very open to the spread of order through undersigil. It would be in our interest that such an endeavor be conducted successfully. Therefore, what role do you see the Fraternity of Order playing in the new undersigil? Would you be willing to have an experienced representative to observe and advise?

Concerns:

1. While it is admirable of you to take on the role of enforcing order in undersigil, that is a duty primarily delegated to the Harmonium. A duty that they would not likely like to see infringed upon. It is correct of your to approach us in this matter. However, since you will also be entering the territory of the Harmonium's obligations, you will need to contact them regarding your plans as well.

2. While having a title among the Fraternity of Order is an honor in itself, it is one not easily achieved. If you wish join our faction and administer order as Guvner Vorgazar of the Iron Tusk, there are a few things you need to be aware of. First, you will have to go through the application process for membership. This can be a timely and trying procedure. Second, you must understand that as a guvner you will be working for our interests. Your word would hold sway in undersigil, but you will need to be answerable to us.

Proposal:

Given these concerns, I have a proposal that should allow your plans in undersigil to be legal and acknowledged by the governing factions of Sigil. I suggest that you or your representative meet with a representative of the Harmonium, the Mercykillers, and myself to negotiate the terms of your request. I feel that there is a lot to be gained from it.

I will be available over the next few evenings. Please send additional requests to other involved factions detailing your plan and inviting them to the negotiations.

I look forward to your response.

Signed,

Serina Aerlin, Prosecutor
*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

Answers:

1. Warchief Vorgazar is the boss, under him he has a Warshaman who advises and conducts complicated affairs including magical affairs. Then there is the Warchief's woman who runs most stuff regarding females and also the keeping of the Guulra. She is heavily supportive of the warshaman and satisfying his urges. Under The warchief directly are the Battle Leutenants or Tuskarz who rule the mobs of orcs and military groupings in the absence of the Warchief.

Laws are designed on the spot regarding the current situation by the strongest individual present. Bad laws will be ruled upon later when that person meets a stronger person who either agrees that the course of action was correct or else they shall deal with the individual in a suitable manner. This process can continue until the Warchief finds out or no other of higher status is bothered with the goings on. Administering of law will be brutal and fast or cruel and exemplary. Once individuals who have stood against the iron tusk or the Warchief have been dealt with appropriately regarding what they have done wrong the law created regarding that particular situation will no longer be relavant and will likely be outdated and forgotten.

2. Warchief Vorgazar sees the Fraternity of order playing a massive part in the peacful co-existance of all Sigil, under and above, by respecting that the Warchief understands the type of law that exists in such a region that they of the civilised surface seem to have no comprehension of. By allowing the Warchief jurisdiction in undersigil to conduct his kind of rule, as long as the Warchief is not interfered with the surface of Sigil will never need to fear what dwells beneath or have fear of what might happen if the harmonium were to try and bring the wrong kind of order to this chaotic state.

Warchief Vorgazar would you be willing to have an experienced representative observe and advise him in the Undersigil but such a person would need to respect the Warchiefs rules and wishes and if this is not so he would also be subject to Iron Tusk law, a concept I am sure you can respect and understand.

Easing your concerns:

1. The role of enforcing order in undersigil, that is a duty primarily delegated to the Harmonium which has been a failure since anyone can remember. Even now Warchief Vorgazar has far greater influence down there than they will ever have. Perhaps it is no co-incidence that Warchief Vorgazar's Iron Tusk tribes colours are not completely different from the harmonium?

From here on the harmonium will be dealt with however they choose to be dealt with. If they choose to talk and negotiate then talk and negotiations will happen. If they choose to infringe upon the lawful state of undersigil by show of strength then strength will be shown back. if they choose to stay out of the Iron Tusks affairs then the Iron Tusk will not be forced to become actively involved in the affairs of the factions that oppose the harmonium in above Sigil.

2. Warchief Vorgazar will probably be happy to undertake various trials and tests to join the fraternity of order. he also understands that the fraternity of order represent the interests of law and order in Sigil. In the above Sigil region harmonium law is enforced and thus a certain kind of person no resides not in that region but in Undersigil and these people opperate by a different kind of law and order. Guvner Vorgazar would be willing to explain and teach the Guvners of Sigil of how this kind of law and order works so that they can better understand the laws of the multiverse as is their doctrine to achieve.

Law is the measure in a society that all must operate by to allow for a fair existance. Whislt in Sigil this law is the kind of law the Harmonium operate by in Undersigil the laws are of a completely different nature which it is clear at this time your fraternity has no concept of.

Proposal:

Regarding your proposals Warchief Vorgazar will be willing to meet and listen to your ideas and those of any others you wish to bring along. Obviously he is a very busy Warchief and if you wish any other factions to be involved in the discussions it would be advisable that you invite such persons yourself.

Beware Undersigil is a horrifically chaotic, brutal and uncivilised place, merely because the Warchief wishes to respect the factions above Sigil for his own status and social gain this does not mean that the rest of undersigil is of the same motivation. In the absence of the Warchief and the Iron Tusk, the Fraternity of Order and the Harmonium will continue to be unable to have any influence in undersigil.

Without the support of these factions it may well be that Warchief Vorgazar will face extreme opposition from various bodies and organisations in Undersigil that he will have a hard time dealing with them in his own way, Gruumsh forbid one of these forces were to destabalise the Iron tusk or defeat Warchief Vorgazar the region would collapse into a new depth of diabolic activity that may and will spill forth up onto the streets of Sigil.

The destabalisation of the Iron Tusks would in no way benefit your factions yet in supporting him you give him motivation to involve you in the persecution of the criminal elements that resist his rule, whilst he has jurisdiction to shelter those who commit lesser crimes and accidental wrong doings, from the harmoniums over zealous unsuitable methods.

V
*LiquidDreamer

Posted by *LiquidDreamer »

Factol Hashkol visits Serina personally in her office to inform her that she will work with Plargh (a faction namer) in coming to a resolution in this affair.

He expects weekly updates and is to be kept informed in on this matter. Success in this matter can mean big things for the careers of them both in Guvners, he lets them know.
*DaShi

Posted by *DaShi »

Serina sits in her office pondering the day's events. She reaches for a quill and prepares her report.

To Factol Hashkol,

Regarding Negotiations with the Irontusks of Undersigil.

I have met with the new recruit Plargh and discussed the details of the negotiations with Vorgazar regarding the use of Undersigil. We have settled on three items that we would like to see brought to the new Undersigil:

1. The laws of Sigil should be put in place in Undersigil. Ideally, this should be the case already as Undersigil is a part of Sigil and the issue has really only been of enforcement. The formation of the Irontusks should not lead to a section that is no longer a part of Sigil and where our laws simply no longer apply. A place of disorder is more welcome than one that follows unregulated laws of its own. While I really don't expect much, if the Irontusks can enforce our laws, that would be excellent. Otherwise, things shouldn't be too different anyway. Regardless, it should be on the record that the Irontusks are still subject to Sigil law.

Given that, Vorgazar and his group should be able add additional regulations as they see fit. I imagine they will find this necessary in that environment. As long as they honor our laws, we should honor theirs below Sigil as long as they are reasonable. Besides our representative should be able to guide their laws so that they align with our goals.

2. The Harmonium should have extradition rights regarding Undersigil. I have had further conversations with them regarding this and they would welcome this assistance. They are aware that they will not have any additional authority in Undersigil than they've already had. But it should be clear that the Irontusks have no plans to compete with them. Both sides should be able to cooperate in their respective jurisdictions. In addition, we would also appreciate not having Undersigil become a haven for surface criminals looking to escape the Harmonium.

3. The Guvners shall provide a representative to the Irontusks. This person shall assist them with forming a stable administrative order as well as ensure that their actions align with our own.

I understand that Plargh has been nominated for this. I support this nomination with a few caveats. Plargh is a very new recruit with little experience with our organization. This is an important position. I have seen Plargh's test scores and believe that it has a good understanding of the law. If we are to have a long term presence in this potentially new Undersigil, we need someone who serves not just the law in and of itself but our organization's specific goals as well. I will do my best to ensure that Plargh is aware of this and is acting in accordance with our interests.

Signed,

Serina Aerlin, Prosecutor
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

(For the record, his name is Hashkar :P)
*LiquidDreamer

Posted by *LiquidDreamer »

Factol's Hashkar reply in the form of a classified letter arrives to Serina via a Guvner messenger.

Good work so far. And yes, Plargh's test scores showed that he lacks in the field of theory in relation to laws and how to impliment them. Therefore i am now assigning you to Plargh as his advisor and i trust that you will guide him to the most prudent and resourceful solutions Serina.

Also, do you best to keep the Harmonium out of this affair until you have come to an agreement with this Vorgazar and his band. An extradition treaty will work fine for starters, but they must realize that some measure of law and order must be put in place, i cannot emphasize this enough.

Otherwise, the Harmonium are to stay out of this. There are certain activities that occur in UnderSigil and having them around will lead to more conflict and choas, defeating the purpose of the reason i have you handling this affair.

I am counting on you Serina to make sure this goes through smoothly. You and Plargh will be rewarded for your diligence when this matter is handled

Signed Factol Hashkar
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

*The written form of the initial negotiations find their way to Serina's desk, and pending her approval, the desk of Factol Hashkar*

The Agreements brokered between Aide Plargh of the Fraternity of Order and War-chieftain Vorgazar, with his adviser Shard, and observed by Administrator Serina of the Fraternity of Order, stand as follows:

1) It is the understanding of both parties that the laws of Sigil apply both on its surface and beneath. It is also the understanding of both parties that the present climate below the surface does not allow for the fullest and most thorough enforcement of said laws. With this in mind, the Iron Tusk Tribe shall be recognized as the official enforcement mechanism of Sigilian law within the confines of Undersigil Village, and its War-chieftain as head executor, interpreter, and writer of Sigilian law within and as applies to the above mentioned territory; with the understanding that law and punishment will be carried out with the full intent of one day establishing an order below like to that which exists on the surface.

2) It is the understanding of both parties that the inclusion of a representative of the Fraternity of Order in an advisory capacity would be of mutual benefit. It is the stated purpose and goal of said representative to give suggestions to Iron Tusk leadership where it is deemed necessary on the efficient governance of Undersigil Village, though legal authority rests with the Iron Tusk leadership within and as applies to the above-mentioned territory.

3) It is the understanding of both parties that the establishment of an extradition arrangement with the Harmonium and Mercykiller factions would be of mutual benefit. Under this agreement, denizens of the surface in violation of Sigilian law where this violation occurs on the surface that flee to Undersigil would thereby be returned to Harmonium custody for proper legal processing, and vice versa. Similarly, denizens of Undersigil that break the law within Harmonium jurisdiction and are caught within Harmonium jurisdiction would be returned to Undersigil to face appropriate punishment, and vice versa. It would be the role of the representative of the Fraternity of Order stationed in Undersigil to report on the material completion (or lack thereof) of sufficient punishment and relay any suggestions for proper punishment from the Mercykiller faction to the Iron Tusk leadership, while bearing in mind the facts of Clause 1.

[This Clause pends approval of Harmonium and Mercykiller representatives. It is my personal suggestion that if officials of either faction wish to take a more active hand in the punishment of criminals or enforcement of law in Undersigil Village, they might make a show of being open to training suitable volunteers from the Iron Tusk Tribe in their respective methodologies and ideologies.]

4) It is the understanding of both parties that travel and trade between the surface and Undersigil Village is of mutual benefit, and as such no obstruction shall be made to interfere with the travel of any citizens between either region. It is also the understanding that while personal visits by Harmonium or Mercykiller personnel made out-of-uniform shall not be impeded, official visits shall be arranged and scheduled through official channels. It is noted by the Iron Tusk leadership that the uninvited presence of uniformed personnel of either of the above-mentioned factions is likely to cause wide-spread social disruption and violence for which the Iron Tusk leadership cannot be held responsible.

5) It is the desire of the Iron Tusk leadership to be officially recognized as the authoritative body of Undersigil Village and as such to be included in the broader city-wide decision-making process.

Signatures___________________________________________________________
*DaShi

Posted by *DaShi »

Serina reviews the document and make a few notes and additions.

The Agreements brokered between Aide Plargh of the Fraternity of Order and War-chieftain Vorgazar, with his adviser Shard, and observed by Administrator Serina of the Fraternity of Order, stand as follows:

1) It is the understanding of both parties that the laws of Sigil apply both on its surface and beneath. It is also the understanding of both parties that the present climate below the surface does not allow for the fullest and most thorough enforcement of said laws. With this in mind, the Iron Tusk Tribe shall be recognized as the official enforcement mechanism of Sigilian law within the confines of Undersigil Village, and its War-chieftain as head executor, interpreter, and writer of Sigilian law within and as applies to the above mentioned territory; with the understanding that law and punishment will be carried out with the full intent of one day establishing an order below like to that which exists on the surface. Undersigilian law will be the responsibility of the Irontusks to write, interpret, and execute. Jurisdiction of this law will be limited to the confines of Undersigil where the Irontusks can enforce it. The Fraternity of Order will be made available to advice on the construction and interpretation of legal matters concerning Undersigil.

2) It is the understanding of both parties that the inclusion of a representative of the Fraternity of Order in an advisory capacity would be of mutual benefit. It is the stated purpose and goal of said representative to give suggestions to Iron Tusk leadership where it is deemed necessary on the efficient governance of Undersigil Village, though legal authority rests with the Iron Tusk leadership within and as applies to the above-mentioned territory. The selection of this representative will rest among the Fraternity of Order to choose among its ranks

3) It is the understanding of both parties that the establishment of an extradition arrangement with the Harmonium and Mercykiller factions would be of mutual benefit. Under this agreement, denizens of the surface in violation of Sigilian law where this violation occurs on the surface that flee to Undersigil would thereby be returned to Harmonium custody for proper legal processing, and vice versa. Similarly, denizens of Undersigil that break the law within Harmonium jurisdiction and are caught within Harmonium jurisdiction would be returned to Undersigil to face appropriate punishment, and vice versa.The previous line may cause some contention. I leave it to the Factol to resolve this as appropriate. It would be the role of the representative of the Fraternity of Order stationed in Undersigil to report on the material completion (or lack thereof) of sufficient punishment and relay any suggestions for proper punishment from the Mercykiller faction to the Iron Tusk leadership, while bearing in mind the facts of Clause 1.

[This Clause pends approval of Harmonium and Mercykiller representatives. It is my personal suggestion that if officials of either faction wish to take a more active hand in the punishment of criminals or enforcement of law in Undersigil Village, they might make a show of being open to training suitable volunteers from the Iron Tusk Tribe in their respective methodologies and ideologies.]

4) It is the understanding of both parties that travel and trade between the surface and Undersigil Village is of mutual benefit, and as such no obstruction shall be made to interfere with the travel of any citizens between either region. It is also the understanding that while personal visits by Harmonium or Mercykiller personnel made out-of-uniform shall not be impeded, official visits shall be arranged and scheduled through official channels. It is noted by the Iron Tusk leadership that the uninvited presence of uniformed personnel of either of the above-mentioned factions is likely to cause wide-spread social disruption and violence for which the Iron Tusk leadership cannot be held responsible.

5) It is the desire of the Iron Tusk leadership to be officially recognized as the authoritative body of Undersigil Village and as such to be included in the broader city-wide decision-making process.

Signatures___________________________________________________________

Serina stamps the document for her approval and has it sent to Factol Hashkar for final approval.
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

*A brief editing statement is inserted into Clause 3 before sending the document along to Hashkar*

Only those members of the Iron Tusk Tribe, denoted by the marking of their person or attire with the Red Hand symbol of their Tribe, are subject to return to Undersigil Village if caught breaking the law on the surface. All others fall under normal Harmonium, Guvner and Mercykiller jurisdiction if apprehended within Harmonium jurisdiction as understood by this document.