Maelfina

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

wrote: Friend Phoenix,

I apologise for my belated reply, the meeting with Maelfina being the reason for this.

The meeting went well. The woman disguised herself, not knowing I already know her true identity.

I shall list point by point.

1. Her enterprise is far less shady than people assume. The shady character is but a veil of deception she applies as to safeguard her true goals. She buys slaves from Abyssal markets and allows them to work for her untill they worked enough to cover their own price. After this, they can do as they please.

Furthermore, and I have this confirmed through reliable sources, every individual appears to be doing the type of work he or she actually enjoys doing. They are not forced to do a certain job.

This system is thus, self supporting over longer time, since there is no real growth in wealth and each coin re-earned is invested in a new liberation of a slave. A system I can approve of.

2. The reason the Harmonium protects her, is only because of an old love interest and long time friend among their ranks. She has no control over the Harmonium but has some influence. The reason of increased Harmonium presence is due to said old lover/ long time friend is concerned about Maelfina's safety. If the threat against Maelfina is taken care of or withdrawn, Harmonium presence will be withdrawn as well. I did explain that untill that time, sniping shall continue.

3. Maelfina prefers to work alongside us...where we try to bring a new dawn to Sigil, she tries to do the same, but for the Abyss. In a way...we are not that unalike. The only difference is that -we- do not share the ways we generate our income with one another, where she had to create her operation from scratch.

I think the beginnings of a mutual understanding have been created...

Yours in freedom,

- Nemesis

Well this is welcomed news then. I canÂ’t abide by all of her decisions, namely the act of hosting parties for the wealthy of the city while those around her tavern starveÂ… but these things can be approached separately as they come.

WeÂ’ll ensure our own assassins stand down in regards to her bountyÂ… but only as agents of the Revolution. I cannot stop those acting on their own behalf.

The presence of the Harmonium, while the reasons for their presence are complicated, cannot be permitted to remain. We must do what we can to get them from our midst before the Ward explodes in anger. This can only be accomplished if she orders them away or the threat passes. If you are able, please remind her of the danger to the people of the Ward if the Harmonium remains. If the Movement acts against themÂ… I fear lives will be lost on both sides and sooner or laterÂ… neither you or I will be able to hold the Anarchists back. They will act against the occupiers as they have in the past.

Might you have any inclination of who has posted this bounty? Might there be a way for us to find this out? Perhaps if we remove this blight we might return our home to a more peaceful state.

I await your advisement on these issuesÂ…

Freedom be yours

~Phoenix~
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

Phoenix,

As far as I understood from what she has told me, the order of assassination was given not long after she was uncovering some matters regarding the Abyss and the forming of armies. A possible Alliance between Baatezu and Tanar 'ri.

Sources indicate that so far, it appears that the order is given by prominent Sigillians.

Maelfina did enquire if I was planning to attempt to uncover this person or persons.

I think we should try, to safeguard a possible potent ally and to surpress the seats of power.

As for other leads...I have no idea...perhaps some palms need to be greased? Loose lips...sink ships, after all.

- Nemesis
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Prominent SigilliansÂ… That could be anyone.

We will do what we can to find those who have given the order to kill Maelfina. While the benefits of having her as an ally still remain to be seenÂ… I can certainly see the benefits of extending the flag of possible peace by making this first step on her behalf.

We will put the word out to scour all channels of information in this regard. We will put word out to watch all happenings near her. All individuals who near her establishment, the ones who are not known to the area, will be marked and observed. Some must be connected to our target and will return to him or herÂ… allowing us a route to follow.

I also will attempt to reach out to the Harmonium who guards her. I may be able to stop the violence against them for small concessionsÂ… we shall see though, itÂ’s a long shot.

As for greasing handsÂ… what I have is yours. It is not much (as you know I give a full ninety percent of what I gain to the Hive) but I may also be able to redirect supply funds as necessary.

You have a keen mind for diplomacy, NemesisÂ… you are truly what the movement needs.

~Phoenix~
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

Friend Phoenix,

Funding wise, I have sufficient resources to make do, you need not to worry.

I shall begin to form a little fishing net...let us hope we can make swift work out of this.

Your words honor me...and I am glad to live up to the image you see fit for the milder approach then. Thank you.

Yours in freedom,

- Nemesis
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Nemesis

I have spoken to First Measure Chari. We have negotiated a troop reduction and removal in the Hive.

We will maintain a cease fire for three full days. There will be no sniping, accosting of their troops or intereference in their patrols. After the three day period they will withdraw their troops from Maelfina's and return their patrol numbers to normal.

We will have a return to normal in our streets.

The people have you to thank for this, Nemesis... for I reached out to her in an effort to maintain your peaceful approach. Had you not been involved with your current projects... I'd have simply placed bounty on her troops. A small victory for your views...

Hopefully we'll have peace for a time. Should she reneg on her promise... then diplomacy has failed and I will have her troops cut down.

Freedom be yours Nemesis

~Phoenix~

***word is sent out to maintain a three day moratorium on attacks on Harmonium in the Hive. Mercykillers are still open season... just not Hardheads***
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

Dear Phoenix,

I must say I am thrilled to hear of this. This indeed is a victory. Small or Big...it still is a victory.

However, it is not entirely true the people have only -me- to thank for this. Is it not -you- who decided to broker this meeting with Chari? Is it not -you- who negotiated?

Dear Phoenix, I fear you might be more able to pursue a path of both diplomatics and sheer display of force when required then you think, and I smile as I write this.

I am eager to see the result of this all.

Yours in freedom,

- Nemesis
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

***With the Harmonium pulling their extra troops out of the Hive, and patrol numbers returning to normal, the Anarchists waste no time in spreading word throughout the area of their diplomatic victory. They seize every available chance to exploit this action in their favour with the people and other cells.

Word through open information channels (easily monitored by the Harmonium and others) is that while First Measure Chari is still to be considered a legitimate target, she is no longer to be considered a preferred target and is not to be premeditatedly hunted or targeted.***
*Cenpuppie

Posted by *Cenpuppie »

*A letter arrives at the B&J, given to the bartender and told that no one but Phoenix is to get this letter. Some gold in his hands ensures that his lips are sealed on the matter*

While within the Hive Ward, the protection of Maelfina Sixfingers now rests on your shoulders, seeing at how much you protested the increase in troops. I am sure you understand the ramifications against the Anarchist should anything happen

Signed

Measure Chari
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Bill sits in a booth at the Pit and removes the note from his pocket. After a quick read he smirks and lights his next smoke with it, letting the letter burn to ash.

"That, dear measure" he says to no one in ear shot "was not part of the deal. Too late to change the rules now..."

He smiles over to the waitress wandering the floor with her drink tray and buys a couple shots.

He'd protect the Blue Tiefling... but for his own reasons... damned be the Harmonium...