Attempts to educate

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

It seems there is a group of individuals attempting to set up a loose system to educate the people of the Hive. For now this poses no threat... however...

We need people willing to infiltrate it in order to keep a close eye on what they instruct. Should it simply be general knowledge, useful skills, training in trades... that sort of thing... we will leave them be. We all know the people can benefit from such things.

Should we find that they are attempting to indoctrinate them with ideals the Factions hold dear, or turn them down the paths of Orders of Religion... we will have no choice but to shut them down. We cannot allow the Factions to undermine us by brainwashing the people from under our noses.

Keep a close eye... but leave them be unless it looks like it might be a problem.

~Phoenix~
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

Wise Phoenix,

I assure you this operation poses no threat, it is being run by good folk...it's enabler is in correspondence with me, it seems it was sparked by the words to make Sigil a better place. I'd advice to leave them to it.

- Nemesis
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

Phoenix...I fear you have been too eager or too...zealous in this matter...why nip a potential ally in the bud before making sure what the true intentions are?

I do not understand the urge to leave notice as you did...the path I try to pave, now has been cluttered again and potentially damaged...I can not say I am amused...

- Nemesis
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Nemesis

Up until you informed me of your involvement in this movement I was not aware of your hand on its pulse. I see movement in circles that involve the vulnerable of the Hive and I react with the information I have. I simply gave them warning to tread carefully when dealing with those of the Hive. That any attempt to use this education as a means to recruit into the Factions would be met with great resistance.

Had I known you had your hand in this, directly, I would have held off until I consulted with you.

That is now the past and there is no sence in dwelling on the past.

They have been informed that their movement can proceed without threat of action and we have been informed that you hold a part in this.

If they cannot work with this information then they are not going to be successful in their task as it will take much stronger character to educate the Hive.

I admire your resolve when dealing as you are with them but it might do you a greater service if we are all aware of your projects before hand. I will always speak out when outsiders meddle in the Hive... that will never change... but I can only act upon that with which I know.

~Phoenix~
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

Phoenix,

All I attempt to do is to cleanse our name...for we have been labelled as terrorists and evil-doers for far too long.

I see your point, but it is not always possible to spread information that swiftly. All I ask, is to be trusted when it comes to Hive Ward activities.

I shall try to inform more swiftly from now on. All I hope is that your initial response towards Corwyn will not cause your image to become worse. I was slowly trying to make people see that our dual approach is a required form of working as you can read in the correspondence I have forwarded.

Yours in freedom,

- Nemesis
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

I understand what you attempt and wish you success but you must have seen what I wrote to Corwyn by now. I did not threaten with violence. I did not raise the spectre of fire. I merely stated that should this be an attampt to teach in the ways of the factions or church... they will be shut down but if it is an honest attempt at true education... they will be left in peace.

I do not see how that could worsen an image. Attempting to shut them down from the start... that would worsen it. I simply gave him the courtousy of an open letter. Simple as that.

I will leave this movement in your more than capable hands.

One a side note. Have you had your meeting yet? What of the Harmonium in the Hive? I have asked our brothers and sisters to have patience and not act with haste but they grow anxious. The sniping of the Reds continues and that will surely flare things up if not remedied.

*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

Friend Phoenix,

I apologise for my belated reply, the meeting with Maelfina being the reason for this.

The meeting went well. The woman disguised herself, not knowing I already know her true identity.

I shall list point by point.

1. Her enterprise is far less shady than people assume. The shady character is but a veil of deception she applies as to safeguard her true goals. She buys slaves from Abyssal markets and allows them to work for her untill they worked enough to cover their own price. After this, they can do as they please.

Furthermore, and I have this confirmed through reliable sources, every individual appears to be doing the type of work he or she actually enjoys doing. They are not forced to do a certain job.

This system is thus, self supporting over longer time, since there is no real growth in wealth and each coin re-earned is invested in a new liberation of a slave. A system I can approve of.

2. The reason the Harmonium protects her, is only because of an old love interest and long time friend among their ranks. She has no control over the Harmonium but has some influence. The reason of increased Harmonium presence is due to said old lover/ long time friend is concerned about Maelfina's safety. If the threat against Maelfina is taken care of or withdrawn, Harmonium presence will be withdrawn as well. I did explain that untill that time, sniping shall continue.

3. Maelfina prefers to work alongside us...where we try to bring a new dawn to Sigil, she tries to do the same, but for the Abyss. In a way...we are not that unalike. The only difference is that -we- do not share the ways we generate our income with one another, where she had to create her operation from scratch.

I think the beginnings of a mutual understanding have been created...

Yours in freedom,

- Nemesis