A Visitor In The Sensate [ended]

*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

A white wolf enters the Hall of Records. It is roughly 11cm tall and 140cm long, somewhat small for a White Wolf. Its paws are making loud clacking noises as it pads across the stone tiles.
Small strips of cloth have been wrapped around each of its paws and awkwardly tied with string. It wears a blue scarf around its neck, glittering with faint magical traces. A few pieces of jewelry pieces on a string have been entwined and fastened to its tail, causing a faint jingle when it moves or wags.

As it pads across the floor, head held high in a regal manner, it regards the Halls with unconcealed curiousity, taking note of all the arts displayed and the wide range of Sensates wandering the halls or chatting in groups, specifically avoiding the gaze of one, angry-looking woman holding a broom and dustpan standing off to the side of the hall.
It takes special care to avoid stepping on the fine carpet in the lobby as it makes its way to the counter.

Reaching the counter, it jumps up and places its frontpaws on the counter, looking down curiously at the surprised Lobby Attendant sitting at the desk.
The wolf ahems, making sure it's got the complete and utter attention of the attendant before starting to speak in a youthful and energetic female voice.
"Hello there! I am Richa Rozza, Dancer and Performer Extraordinaire! Finest and Fastest Paws this side of Sigil! I don't suppose you've heard of me?"
The wolf cocks its head and regards the stunned attendant for a few moments, interpreting her silence as a sign to continue.
"Due to a few new developments in my, ahem, humble career, I am looking for a master tailor to design a few objects of clothing as per my instructions. I've been told the best tailors in Sigil can be found here amongst the Sensates. That IS right, isn't it?"
The wolf gives the silent attendant another inquisitive look, tail wagging in excitement.
Er. Or maybe there's someone else I should be speaking to...?

((First off, sorry to intrude on your IC forum, but nobody ever hangs out in the Sensate buildings in-game. :P
Secondly, I guess this is a sort of open RP-hook? If anyone feel like offering their input, feel free to leave a reply. ^_^))
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

Sasha heard something about dancing and fashion. That sounded interesting! She gravitated towards the commotion and was surprised to see. . .a wolf? Asking about clothing? She had to investigate.

"Hello!" she interjected into the awkward silence following the wolf's speech. "Did I hear something about dancing? Oooh, I like your scarf. Have you considered getting a red one? I recently saw the most beautiful red scarves. Soft too! The merchant said something about Bytopian wool. .

"My name is Sasha, by the way. I didn't catch your name?"
*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

"Oh, hello!"
The white wolf releases the lobby attendant from its gaze and jumps down from the counter - landing with a loud CLA-CLACK and looking at the woman approaching.
It pads up to the woman with some excitement in its step, ears perked straight up.

"Pleased to meet you! I am Richa Rozza!" She announces, holding a paw up in front of her chest and bowing her head.
"Rising Star Performer and Thespian Extraordinaire?" She waits a moment to see if the name causes any spark of recognition.
"Ahem... Oh, yes!" She holds up a paw, showing the wrapping tied around it.
"I would like to commission some new foo-PAWwrappings. These old things just aren't doing the trick anymore. Doesn't take more than a stiff breeze for the strings to come lose, and you wouldn't BELIEVE the hassle it is to tie them every morning...
The wolf pauses for a moment catch its breath.
"They also have thin metal plates sown into the soles, see?"
She taps a paw on the stone floor a couple of times, producing that clear CLACKING sound.
"Ooooh!" She lets out a gasp of excitement, tail wagging with giddiness.
"Have you seen me dance? ... Would you like to?!"
*MimiFearthegn

"How interesting. . ." Sasha took a closer look at the paw wrappings.

"What color were you thinking? Do they really protect your feet? I'm sure there has to be somebody in the Festhall who could make something like that. Oh! Have you met Aleis? She makes things. Mostly golems. But she does make things."

She brightened up at the suggestion of dancing.

"Yes! I would love to see you dance! When do you give performances?"
*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

"Oh! Er..."
The wolf takes a quick glance around.
"I don't actually have any planned performances... Yet! But maybe I could give you a quick demonstration? Oh, yes!"
She takes a moment to compose herself. Looking up at Sasha, giving her a quick, wolfish grin, then begins...

She starts out by slowly tapdancing one way and then the other, her paws striking up a fresh and upbeat rhythm of taps.
There's a certain amount of strut in her high steps, looking like a wolf that's out enjoying a nice walk in the park.
Oooh, look, there's a flower, lean down, sniff-sniff, tap-tap. Oh hello there, wave-wave, tap-tap.
Her dance takes her up next to one of the Sensate guards. As she taptap's up in front of him, she stops in place, her rear paws now hammering out a faster, louder and somehow more threatening crescendo of taps. She makes a jump and spin in the air, clicking her paws together twice as she does so, and lands with her side side towards the guard. The wolf, having its walk interrupted by something big and threatening, quickly taptaptaping sideways away from the guard, feigning a look of fright and surprise. Halfway between the guard and back to Sasha, it turns forwards again and slowly settles into the casual beat it started with. As she reaches Sasha again, her pace picks up once more, until it is almost impossible to tell one tap from the next. She spins in place once, then twice, does a small jump in the air and lands on her rear legs, sitting up and holding her front paws up in the air and to the side, in what you think a curtsy would look like if performed by a wolf.

"Tadaa!," she pants, taking a few moment to settle down and flatten a few tufts of hair on her head.
"It really is more of a duo than a solo dance, and you'd need a couple of people on horns providing musical cues to get the best effect, too, but you can see what I was going with, right?!" She looks up at Sasha with a satified wolfish smile.
"So, you can see why I simply can't use these old rags anymore. I need something HANDmade, something that wasn't made out of rags and other, er, random pieces of cloth I found...In the streets... Ahem. Oh, I was also told I should get a hat. A top hat, I think it was. Red, and with ribbons on it!" She lets out a coo of excitement.
*MimiFearthegn

Sasha watched the wolf dance with a grin on her face, her finger unconsciously tapping in rhythm to the wolf's paws. She clapped enthusiastically when the wolf was done.

"I love it! I could see a whole play done with dancing like that. Ooh, how do you feel about theater?"

"And I agree about the red hat. You definitely should wear red next to that white fur. It will be striking!"
*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

"Theater? Hmm!"
The wolf takes a few moments, thinking.
"Could be, could be! Of course, I'd have to talk with my manager, see if we could squeeze it into my VERY busy schedule. Oh, yes!"
She gives Sasha a curious and anticipatory look.
"You know, I've always liked blue a lot! But I've been told the uniform should be red... What do you think? OOH! Do you think we could get started today? Only, I brought all my money and everything!"
She makes an excited little jump, jingling the pouch tied around her neck.
"All seven thousand of them! Business have been very good lately."
The wolf gives her a knowing nod and smiles, tail wagging with anticipation.
*MimiFearthegn

"Who is your manager?" Sasha cocked her head to one side, trying to decide if the wolf was serious about this manager thing.

"Anyway, the blue is nice, but I really think red would be striking. Festive! Eye catching! Let's go talk to Cecily!"

Sasha started off down the corridor towards the section of the Festhall devoted to fashion, hoping the wolf would follow. Surely someone would know what to do!
*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

"Manager...? Oh! I'm afraid he simply can't take on any more client right now. Er... But I'll put in a word that you asked!"
She happily starts trotting after the woman down the corridor.
The wolf hesitates for a moment, mid-step. "Who is this Cecily? She's... She's not a hin, isn't she?" she asks, a slight quaver to her voice. "I'm only asking because... Er, I've had some bad experiences in the past..."
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

Already present within the particular section of the Festhall was a green haired woman with half-elven appearances. She was presently occupied in a discussion with another woman, possibly of a Cecily-shape, about the varied things that the color green worked with which evidently was a great many things.

At some point she may or may not have noticed that there was a tiny-large wolf in the area and quickly decided that that subject was more interesting than convincing the Festhall to all adopt the color green. She approached the pair with speedy intent, a task that was made slightly difficult by a Naga whose tail came very close to being stepped on. Upon arriving at her destination she greeted the pair with intelligence and wit:
"Hello Sasha! Are you aware of just how adorable this woof is? Incidentally, hello Ms. Woof." Good job, Aleis.