Theft In The Festhall

*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

Aleis arrived at the greenhouse in a lime-green dress a shade lighter than her hair. She looked like she belonged among the regulars of the greenhouse, if only a bit richer going by the several expensive pieces of jewelry she wore.

When approached by the Aasimar she would politely decline the offer of a drink, and instead would try to make conversation. "There's quite a lot of people here. You must be rather busy, huh?"

*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

The two sensates take the rebuke silently- only to start arguing again after the Rakshasa has left.

The greenhouse is the best lead they have and when the sensates arrive there at the announced date they find it to be quite crowded.

A bard gives a beautiful performance on his flute, a nymph and a satyr dancing to it while two adventurers prepare to pass through the portal and into the Beastlands.
Hummingbirds and bees fly between the blossoming flowers, their scent sweet and strong in the air, mixing with the smell of freshly baked bread and everything seems so peaceful.

A young aasimar in a yellow dress and a bunch of blue feathers in her hair approaches them smiling.

"Hello! I hope you all have a beautiful cycle. Want a drink? The mead is excellent, sweet and soft like velvet on the tongue."
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

"The place is buzzing today." the girl says to Aleis then smiles as a teifling in furs and leathers pushes past them, new guests arriving as they talk.

"Some think there will be some kind of auction or performance today... something about jewelry and blue birds. I do not mind, people are friendly and curious and sells are good."

Looking at the jewelry Aleis wears the girl lowers her voice. "I heard a master thief is behind all this.. so be careful about your stones."

She seems less scared than excited however, the aasimar mostly likely happy about this change of daily routine.

(( those present please give me a spot and- if possible- spellcraft check))
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

The Aasimar could probably notice that Aleis's outline was faintly blurry as light was deflected ever so slightly by a magical ward; being the possible target of a marauding fugitive lich had left her a bit over-cautious wherever she went.

The green-haired fey continued to converse with the woman. Her voice was cheery thanks to the natural atmosphere around her.
"To tell you the truth, the auction is also why I'm here... Well, on this occasion at least. This is one of my favorite places in the city otherwise!" Without breaking a smile, Aleis also added, "I'm not really worried about losing any jewelry. I'm actually more concerned that the auction might end up suffocating the plants here. I don't think most of the people who might show up would give them a second thought."

*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

* With theft reaching his ears, Kelth, proceeded to patrol the Festhall, listening for any chant among the folk inside*
*Strawberry Jam

Posted by *Strawberry Jam »

After taking a bath in the fountain earlier in the morning, the young nymph would warily blink each time yet another visitor entered the greenhouse. She would tend to the fungi and the flowers, and hang a feather up over a window to let in some fresh air.

"Would you like some croissants?" She goes around and asks everybody, making little invisible walls of force around the garden patches (to stop trampling) as she goes, and helping out the baker that took the opportunity to make a lil extra.
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

At the Festhall Kelth learns not much that is new . People are now speculating why the jewelry has been stolen and what the role of the Djinn might be. There are rumours of a Dao delegation arrived as well to conduct their own investigations.

Both groups seem to compete more than they cooperate, guarding what they find out closely.

There was also another odd occurance- a sensate who died 2 weeks ago has been seen walking the festhall at the day of the theft. Of course most think this just a stupid rumour.

********************************************************************************

Meanwhile in the greenhouse...

Aleis' wards ((what does she have up BTW- please list it here or in a PM)) are accepted without comment, the patrons most likely used to this kind of magic considering there is a portal leading to one of the Beastlands more savage places close nearby.

The Aasimar is happy to chat with Aleis, moving through the crowd with ease as they chat. She is taking great care of the surrounding plantlife as well, treating the plants with the same respect as any other living being present.

"You are so right... many who are here now I have not seen here before. They do not know how to move, how to tread but... oh well. I will show them. Some will hopefully learn."

Alliezabellen's help is greatly appreciated, the baker and the rest of the personell happy about the unexpected help- noone has expected that many people to follow this hidden invitation.

A few minutes pass and the air gets warm and stale- no surprise by so many people in a small place like this, not thev the plants can cope with....

Then they both realize it is not just the air. Something is slowly seeping into the rule, subtly waving a web of illusions, some of the patrons already entangled in it, their shapes blurring distorting and changing. The portal starts to glow, not yet opening, its activity hidden from most patrons by another subtle illusion, a group of two men and a girl completely unaware about the planar rift that opens behind them.

Alliezabellen also notices that there is a different component to this, something that also influences the minds of those present, subtle suggestions and mamipulations planted in the minds.

There seems to be no real source if this magic, several of the patrons could be the cause of it- A man with a black leather fedora, then this girl with that tasteless, revealing dress, the drunk halfling who was about to puke into the plants, the tiefling dancing girl who flirts subtly with that rich merchant's wife.

The web of enchantmenrts and illusions gets thicker quickly now and the Greenhouse is replaced by a twisted jungle landscape, predators growling in the distance- some to their left, some to their right, some that sound very, very real from the direction they know the portal to be.

Aleis sees the Asimaar look around mesmerized, smiling as if in a trance and then she turns to beam at the fey cheerfully, plucking one of the blue feathers from her hair to put it into the other woman's green, silken strands.

"Welcome to the auction." she whispers and then slumps down, like a puppet who had her strings cut.
*Strawberry Jam

Posted by *Strawberry Jam »

"Oh dear" the young nymph exclaims "maybe I shouldn't have put a feather in that window for fresh air"

For what it was worth she always had several protective contingencies, cheat fate to avoid unforeseen mishaps of health, astral seed to reform herself from the astral plane when her body got damaged, it was like a living phylacetry to her.

For now she was interesting in which persons did not transform into beasts, peeking around with an innocently curious smile.
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

Aleis is well warded and well equipped to deal with the illusions and the enchantments that are trying to invade their minds, seeing reality mix with whatever their opponent wants them to see.

Alliezabellen has a harder time but still notices the changes and in the end they are both still able to navigate the room rather easily.

But of course most patrons and personell are not that lucky- and there is some huge, read dinosaur stepping from the portal sizing up a nearby bard like a morsel.

Alliezabellen notices that there are two patrons who do not change- and the aforementioned bard as well.

The other two are the man with the fedora who might be one source of the spell, the other one the halfling who seems to have overcome his sickness and is now hiding in the plants, watching the surroundings with alert eyes.

It does not take long and the chaos spreads, patrons fighting with each other because they think them to be threats, some having turned into nightmarish demonic shapes, others into twisted mockeries of fey while others appear to be rotting, walking corpses.

None of them seem to be seasoned adventurers though so there are no casualties yet...

((RL having its way with me- sorry for the late response. Have not forgotten this of course))
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

Aleis's first action was to make sure that the Aasimar was still breathing and well. She crouched down beside the fallen woman and gave her a quick examination and offered healing (magical or mundane) where needed.

Unfortunately, she wasn't much of a people-person and couldn't do much to try to calm down the other patrons of the Greenhouse. What she did have, however, was a Wand of Dispel Magic which she activated to try to dispel the illusions in an area of effect around herself. And if successful, would continue to activate it as many times as necessary to clear the establishment of magical influences.

((I'll provide rolls if necessary later when I have a chance to get in-game.))