Theft In The Festhall

*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

Aleis quickly notices that the Aasimar is dead- and a closer look reveals that she has perhaps died a few hours or perhaps even a day ago.

Something else must have kept her up and seeiming so alive but whatever it was is gone now. However something feels odd about this corpse, there is some lingering energy she notices... but to identify it would require a closer examination.

Dispelling the illusions and enchantments at first seems to add to the chaos as people see their surrounding shift again and the wand is not very reliable- sometimes it takes more than one attempt to succeed.

But if she keeps it up the effects fade again- but of course not the dinosaur that happuly attempts to eat that tasty bard that now yells in a high pitched, scared way- these prey sounds just enticing the predator more.

(( All present can attempt a spot roll and if Aleis attempted to examine the corpse give me a heal and spellcraft check please. No screenies necessary, I trust you guys))
*Strawberry Jam

Posted by *Strawberry Jam »

The nymph's unearthly grace was enough to help resist many of the troubles that would tax the mind such as illusions. Tho she could muster the adequate protections she always felt that getting her feelers into a situation made it easier to understand than blocking out sensations entirely.

For her part, as Aleis was tending to other matters, time would have seemed to alter in the greenhouse, slowing a lil, yet propelling forward in time many of the weaker and vulnerable people. Stronger people such as Aleis would have no trouble to resist the temporal effects, or perhaps even it would not affect the likely culprit.

For the remainder of the troubles a creature of milky white substance seemed to materialize, sculpted in place to appear as a giant mushroom. This mushroom shaped milky construct would move to intercept the rampages of any primordial creatures from the opened portal.

An artists depiction of the creature acting like a greenhouse bouncer to the dinosaurs might later be rendered.
*b00seven

Posted by *b00seven »

Junathoraxus arrives at the faction house offering to aid in the investigation and liaise for the Harmonium.
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

(( Sorry for being slow to respond to this. My internet went out for two days and I'm still trying to catch back up to everything. ))

(( Edit: Realized after I got out of the game that you also asked for a Spot check. ^_^;; I know my modifier (including the buffs I PM'd you earlier) is 20, though. Would you be opposed to taking a 10? If not feel free to roll for me. ))
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

(( No worries. My own schedule is rather full so while I check this thread answer might take some time. The good thing about Forum RP is though that we can always play- regardless of time zones and RL schedules ect :) Taking 10 is fine BTW- if you guys are Ok with this I can assume you are just doing that in future.))

In the Greenhouse the 'Mushrooms' slow down the dinosaurs advance and indeed Aleis and herself prove to be quite immune to the temporal tampering- and so seems the screature that might be behind all of this. It could be that halfling behind that plants that now tries to slink off- the man with the fedora standing there, stunned for some reason.

Aleis inspection of the corpse reveals that she has been dead for about two days already but her body has been... used. Not just animated but something very chaotic and rather evil must have 'lived' inside it- traces of the possession still lingering.

Both see something move between certain patrons, as if jumping from body to body- unaffected by the time distorting psionics so far, focusing on the halfling and the stunned man.

It is just a presence, invisible to unaugmented eyes but feeling utterly chaotic and evil...

At the festhall the Hardhead is met by Factotum Haris as well, the halfling appreciating the offered help.

He shares what they found out so far with Junathoraxus freely, also informs him that several Sensates are visiting the Greenhouse in the Lower Ward, investigating that place.

Both the djinns and the daos are present as well and the groups do not seem to be willing to cooperate which each other. The dragon gets the impression they do their best to ignore each other's presence.
*Taihou

Posted by *Taihou »

Hearing from nymph Alliezabellen about her woes and fear becoming a lot at the auction, colonel Araki and Deliang the Khaasta took bedrolls, gathered some food and set up a camp directly inside the Greenhouse. They will stay with Allie to prevent any possible ill attempts of anyone on her person and possibly "ambush" the "cruel" auctioneer.
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

There was a frown as Aleis realized the cause of the Aasimar woman's death. There was not much Aleis could presently do effect an ethereal being, but being an Artificer she wasn't without options either. She retrieved some powdered gem dust from a belt-pouch and began to use one of her Artificer Infusions to cast a Wall of Force between the malevolent presence and the targets it was currently pursuing.
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

The wall of force is working, the creature is repelled by it and aleis has the impression it is getting frustrated, angry. It has not expected its plans to be foiled and it is quickly running out of options.

Araki and Deliang arrive in the chaos and as soon as they enter this place the effects try to captire their minds as well. There are screams, the roar of a dinosaur, people running around in panic.

The incorporeal being now tries to flee, aiming for one of the drains to escape to the tunnels and sewers beneath the Lower Ward.
*Strawberry Jam

Posted by *Strawberry Jam »

Oh! Something else she could do. She would go around and make certain that the minds of others were protected from any such trickery, it was the least she could do.

And yet as the foul entity darts to escape, each time the drains would bubble up in an ectoplasmic mess overflowing, with a little wiggle of her nose.

The large mellow mushroom, tho with stubby hands filled would put itself to task of pummeling the incorporeal entity with it's concussion blasts to deal nonlethal force damage to the wicked thing trying to escape.
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

Aleis had been quickly digging through her scroll pouch, searching for something in particular to actually detain the spirit. She was having difficulty finding what she was looking for, and after a groan of annoyance she instead lobbed a bottle of Holy Water at the sewer entrance that the presence was trying to escape through.

This was more of an effort to buy herself more time than an actual solution to the problem at hand, and in absence of such a solution she went back to digging through her scroll pouch.

(( Aleis is looking for a Scroll of Force Cage. If anyone else wants to do something neat feel free, but I'll have her find it and use it on the next post. ))