Missives To Factol Erin Montgomery

*Cibernadie

Posted by *Cibernadie »

A pair of scroll tubes are delivered to the Civic Fest hall, carried by a domestic slave in fancy clothing. The largest one, an ivory tube carved in various shapes of tiger-headed idols and topped with an cork and oak wooden cap, contains an open letter addressed to Factol Erin Montgomery. The document, written in the fancy hand of a practiced writer, reads as follows...
wrote:To the wise, experienced and most refined Factol of the Society of Sensation.

I am Maharaja Apharada, Rakshasa of high status from the courts of Akchazzar. The eternity that is my existence has only recently brought me to this most curious and intriguing Sigil, where i have lingered greatly in between the occasional summoning that takes me to this or that backwater prime. My nature as a Rakshasa as well as my personal philosophies have led me, not only to align myself with the Society of Sensation, but to write this proposal you will find most interesting.

I am aware there is little practical knowledge about my kind outside of few select circles in the multiverse (I have been mistaken for a Baatezu and other categories of devil more than once in my time here, which is very telling) i seek to remedy that, giving an exposition to those interested in the Civic Festhall, as well as a demonstration to one of the secret Rakshasa rituals, which i also propose be recorded for posterity. The ritual in question is called Goshta, a branding of mortals that marks a prospecting slave in body and soul forevermore, performed after manipulating their entire lives into wickedness. A rough translation into the common language would be Ultimate Despair.

This very significant ritual has never before been witnessed or documented by non Rakshasas, anywhere in the cosmos. I believe the Society of Sensation would benefit from its disclosure, and possible further knowledge and experiences to impart in similar scholastic demonstration as what i propose.

I eagerly await your reply.
Maharaja Apharada

The second tube, a black cylindrical mosaic of obsidian and marble dots that depict people falling through the dark and topped with a single solid steel cap, is completely closed, with enchantments ensuring its content will be seen only by Erin and only Erin...
*LiquidDreamer

Posted by *LiquidDreamer »

Erin Montgomery carefully considers the missives. Does she really want the Society of Sensation to document individuals falling into despair and servitude? Or does she reject the the proposal on the grounds of it's morality. She takes a few days to consider the implications of the offer, then pens a letter to Maharaja Apharada .
wrote:
Dear Maharaja Apharada,

After several days of contemplation of your offer I've decided to approve of it.  You are apprentice yourself to a senior Sensate for the ritual and recording for the experience, the choice of I leave up to you.  If you are unable to find someone that you find satisfactory, I will provide a senior member for you.  The member will keep me up to date on your progress as well as allay any fears that you may be using this as a opportunity to further your own goals that do not align to the Society of Sensation.  I also require that you use a few sensory stones to expand your horizon, no more than three, all of which are to be of your own choosing. 

I look forward to hearing of your progress and in experiencing your final results. 

Sincerely,

Erin Montgomery.