Formal Resignation

*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

* A formal letter is deliverd to the Hall for Lady Montgomery*

Lady Montgomery,

Long and hard have I thought, and as much as I am aware that it is frowned upon, I hereby declare my formal resignation from the Sensates as a Factotum.

Why I ever have been made Factotum, is beyond me. It was only after I displayed military prowes on Salt when I was recognised by higher ups. When I joined your ranks, six long and hard years ago, I was a different man. Carefree, if you will.

Open to experience this multiverse in various ways. However, life has taught me it simply is a cause I can not identify with. It is a mold, I was not born to fit. I have chosen poorly and regret it deeply.

This might wound you, words wise, but do not mistake my personal views as an offense to your mindset and of your faction. I bear you no ill will, and I hope you will not think ill of me in return.

There are times in life when one realises, this simply is -not- the path I was meant to wander.

I hereby am asking you, if you would find it in your heart, to recommend me to the Mercykillers. For it is there I wish to make a new petition.

I am well aware a change of faction is frowned upon in Sigil. However, I consider myself a free man with the right to speak true from out the core of his very heart. If you would not find it in your heart to warmly release me into ranks of Mercykillers, then this is what it is. A formal goodbye in form of writing and an attempt now to see if the Mercykillers will recognise that I already mostly have been one of them for most of my years in Sigil, without wearing badge proper.

May you and yours flourish. But may you also use wisdom in your view upon newer namers. I regard some of them with a wary gaze and hope you will not turn a blind eye towards behaviour that potentially harms innocents.

With warmth, respect and grattitude for the hospitality granted by you and yours I remain,

Kelth McEwan.