Curious Little Spirit

*DigitalDragoon

Posted by *DigitalDragoon »

Quinn would have also viewed the stone as soon as possible, perhaps even guiding the initial process. It takes him quite a while to re-orient himself after the viewing, thought when he does it is accompanied by a near maniac state of excitement.

So that was how that process felt from the other side of the fold. How he apparently felt to a spirit. It fascinating to experience.

While Sasha preoccupied herself with chasing the entity about the temple, He took time to reflect further on what they had been shown, turning the stone over in his hands thoughtfully. This spirit was growing, learning, and experiencing its first sensations.

Something about it worried him. There was a hunger in the mote. There was something about needing to feed, but the details of its..plans? were too headache inducing to consider properly. It seemed to be stabilizing quite quickly. Did it require something to sustain itself? Would this need grow with time or was it a passing phase needed to develop into something more complex? What was it feeding on now?

His mind buzzed with questions even as Sasha made her rather insistent suggestion. One question really stick out in his mind. Had he unintentionally forced the spirit into some abnormal state? He deliberated a time before suggesting that, perhaps, They should study its reaction to a filled sensory stone before doing anything particularly rash. He could definitely agree that possibly adopting it and assuming some responsibility for what it was becoming was prudent.
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

Sasha considered the suggestion of a sensory stone for a moment, before suggesting:

"Well then we should definitely bring it back to the Festhall. You want to know what its experiencing, right? Who knows what it is experiencing here. And its better not to take sensory stones all over town. What do you want to start with?"
*DigitalDragoon

"Well I was considering creating a new recording that might be relevant to its interests. The stone we saw suggested it to be interested in acquiring knowledge for instance. It also did not appear to to hold an understanding of taste or smell yet. It might be worth while to show it some notably mortal experience. Do you suppose along those lines would be appropriate?"

He shifts uneasily on his feet about attempting to elaborate on his concerns.

"You make a fair point about not leaving it here. I just worry how it may react to the bustle of the Festhall and the proximity to the sheer volume of information the sensoriums contain. Do you know of any wards in place to restrict access to the archives? I would hate to see it overexpose itself and suffer from sensory overload if we do not have any control over what it has access to."
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

"There are quiet rooms in the Festhall. We could put one aside for it. . but. . . we'd need to keep it there. Do you know how to contain a spirit? We don't really want it wandering everywhere.

"As for sensory stones, I recorded one about my mother's poppyseed pastries for my initiation. It has taste and smell and is very homey. We could give it that one."
*DigitalDragoon

"That seems like an excellent idea. Do you think we could bring it over the next time you have some free time?

Also yes..I actually have some experience with spirit containment warding, though on a smaller scale. Perhaps that room we sectioned off for that incense project would do? Gives it somewhere safe to stay and gives our testers something to actually look for.."