A Letter From The Harmonium

*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

wrote: Greetings,

I, Harmonium Notary I Hograth Thorn hereby request the help of the Dead.

To battle the recent increase of razorwine growth I ask you to share your notes about bodies killed by razorwine and patches found by your corpse collectors.

Many found death before they were able to find true death because of the vines and the strife they bring, so I invite you to help us to find whoever is behind this.

Hograth Thorn, Notary I, Harmonium

<sealed with a dragon's claw and an arcane mark showing something similar>
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

In The Mortuary Emila receives the letter and pens a response.
wrote:
Notary

The majority of those we find dead in patches of raozrvine have been stabbed, strangled or beaten to death, things which in sigil could be considered natural causes.  The plant itself causes very deaths but does prove a convenient place to hide bodies, something which makes our task infuriatingly difficult.

In the rare circumstance that the razorvine does cause death, usually that of a child or the elderly or infirm the nature of the death is often slow strangulation.  Which occurs when someone enfeebled or infirm becomes stuck in a patch of quickly growing vine.
The Mortuary is not in the practice of releasing bodies.  Should you wish a second opinion it may be possible to have one of your own people examine the cadaver under our supervision of course.

Until we see you in person.

E.V.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

A short note arrives:
wrote: Thank you for your cooperation. I will contact you in case I need informations about a specific body.

Hograth Thorn, Notary I, Harmonium.

<seal showing a dragon's claw and an arcane mark showing something similar>
*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

Midnight,May 13 2013 wrote: the nature of the death is often slow strangulation. 
*that, or loss of blood due to the many cuts*
*Licca

Posted by *Licca »

A letter was delivered to the Fraternity of Order from the Harmonium. This is in reference to Lucia's investigation.

"To whom it may concern:

I am investigating the recent disappearance of Miss Lucelle Van'dhovar, of the Draconic Embassy. As part of my investigation, I would like to obtain a list of all beings that have used a particular portal that was supposedly used by her captors, between the dates which I have listed in the attachment to this letter.

I have also attached a map of the location of the portal in question in the Lady's Ward for reference. I have been told this portal leads to an isolated area of Undersigil.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Notary Lucia Lyricia"

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

The request coming from the Harmonium finds its way to the bureau of interfactional affairs. And eventually to Caterina's desk. She writes a reply.
wrote:
Notary Lyrica

I have received your request and will forward to the relevant departments and you will ne hearing from me shortly.

Regard

Caterina Arnders
Administrator A7
Department of Interfactional Affairs.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Caterina sends one of her aides to the bureau of portal's immigration and extra planar travel. After the portal ledger has been checked she looks through the information that was gathered and writes a further reply.
wrote:
Notary Lyrica

Our records tell us that there is a portal located between the addresses 37 and 39 Millers' Stretch in the Lady's ward.  A note in the ledger suggests that you are correct and that the portal leads to a location in undersigil, and after a bit of research I was able to discern that it has been used recently.

Unfortunately the records I had to consult dated back to the beginning of Hashkar's reign and there is no record of the portals key.

I hope this helps further your investigation

Regards
Caterina Arnders
Administrator A7
Department of Interfactional Affairs
*Licca

Posted by *Licca »

Lucia pens a response to the letter.

"Administrator Arnders:

Thank you very much for the response and the information about the portal. This will be extremely useful, and the records will prove helpful for your prosecutors should we ever catch the responsible parties in the abduction.

Sincerely,

Notary Lucia Lyricia"

*Licca

Posted by *Licca »

A letter from the Harmonium is sent to the Fraternity of Order.

"To whom it may concern,

I have attached in this letter the details of a supposed permit to allow citizens to carry an unsheathed weapon in public. The magical seals of the administrator that signed the permit appears to be valid, but due to the fact such a permit exists raises suspicion that the permit may be a forgery or it may be illegally granted.

Therefore, I would like to obtain information about the supposed 'permit' and the validity of the permit in order to avoid possible misunderstandings.

Sincerely,

Notary Lucia Lyricia"

// This is in reference to an EM event yesterday.
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

A notice would be sent back to Lucia, confirming her likely suspicion of how deeply the Yugoloth had infiltrated this faction's (and likely other factions') hierarchy.

To: Notary Lucia Lyricia
From: Vichant Colds - Bureau Chief of Civic and Municipal Permits
Reference Code: 15646132165D

Thank you for your diligence and concern regarding this matter. The permits are valid. Please note that the permits allow not just for the carrying of weapons in any outside street in Sigil in the event of reactionary self-defense, they may also be used in pre-emptive self-defense given a reasonable* and justifiable* cause.

Any citizen may obtain such permits provided that their application is approved by the Board of Civic Licensing and Permits. The standard waiting time to obtain a response from the board is 1,693 turns of the Great Wheel - or approximately 5 years.

*=As judged in a Court of Law

-Vichant Colds