A New Sensate?

*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

Sasha tries to get the following letter to someone of Factotum rank or higher (ideally Lucelle, if she's not too busy):
wrote:
The other day while I was in Khazeet's Cafe, I was approached by a minotaur named Teg who wanted to hear about the Society of Sensation. After explaining the basics, I took him on a tour of the Festhall, and he showed a great deal of interest in joining the Society.

Unfortunately, Teg is currently a member of the Godsmen. He's not very clear on their philosophy, however, and Factor Kala Ta'Kan of the Godsmen told me that they might be willing to let him go if he pays a fine. From my conversation with him, it sounds like he would be a much happier and active member of the Sensates. In my humble opinion, it would be worth while to give him a second chance.

I am only a Namer, however, and its my understanding that I cannot sponsor his initiation. Would you, or another Factotum, be willing to sponsor him?

- Sasha Andor
*Veylandemar

Posted by *Veylandemar »

Lucelle's office had not seen use in many days, but all the same a response found its way to the newly inducted namer. The parchment was yellowed with age and carried the faint scent of rainfall upon a forest floor.
wrote: Sasha,

I would happily take it upon myself to hear your new acquaintances' thoughts and feelings that were evoked by his tour of the Civic Festhall. Might that in doing so, I could gain a better sense of his measure and weigh his words and beliefs to our ideals and better guide Teg into a position where he would best fit.

My time has been consumed by other duties of late, but I shall endeavour to set aside a few hours that the three of us might engage in discussion. Might that I suggest within the Festhall for such an occasion?

With regards to your new friends' current affiliations, I have some small concerns, but perhaps separate discussions with Teg and Lady Ta'Kan might soothe them. Relations between the Society and the Believers of the Source have been amicable over the last few years, but it certainly works no harm to show a moments' care and caution.

I look forward to our next meeting, in part because of the opportunity before us and also to hear of how you've found your time within the Society of Sensation since last we spoke.

~L. V.
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

wrote: Greetings,

We Beleivers of the Source, are not interested in people without the will or the ambition to understand. Thus we have agreed to let namer Teg leave our ranks and accepted his badge back in exchange for a sum of 20'000 gold pieces to pay back what he has learned among our ranks.

With my best regards,

Kala Ta'Kan.
((This was done with the player consent, we discussed it OOCly. Its not a dick move, part of the sum was transferred to his other character who is in the faction)).
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

//Hello.

This was raised on the DM forum and after discussion we have decided that the twenty thousand would be retained by the Faction (godsmen) and not by individuals. We'd also like to remind you guys that transferring gold from one players character to another character controlled by that player is muling.

Whoever has the gold will need to hand it directly to a DM the next time they see one client side.

Thank you and sorry for disrupting the rp :)
*Jiv

Posted by *Jiv »

(( I will happily turn over 10,000 on Dipi to the next DM I see. Hopefully Kala will not mind turning over another 10,000 and everything will be square. Sorry for the trouble.))
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

((Sure))
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

((collected 10k from Kala))
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

//And collected 10k from Dipi. Thank you guys.
*MimiFearthegn

//So, Veylandemar doesn't seem to have the time to be our resident Factotum here. Could we have some DM assistance or maybe IC permission to Sasha to initiate people?
*MimiFearthegn

//Oh, cool, ignore my previous statement then. Glad to know you're still around. :)