Sensory Stone Drive

*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

Sasha starts discussing the following proposition with her fellow Sensates - especially any Factotums or Factors she finds who might be willing to help sponsor such a thing:

"I've been looking through our sensory stone libraries recently, and their coverage on certain things is a little uneven. They are such a potentially great tool to educate people and pass on sensations which only a few could ever realistically experience, and yet hardly anyone outside of the Society ever records one. We're in a city full of people with amazing and unique experiences, and only a few of them ever come here to record them for posterity.

"So I propose we hold an event! I still have the money raised from the Event at Cookie's to start with, and we could take that, and offer a reward to anyone who donates their time and experiences to creating a sensory stone with a unique experience. It would raise awareness, advertise our faction, and give us new experiences!"
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

Sensory Stone Drive, Day 1 Results
"My stand was inundated in stools, and one gelatinous cube, but the day was a success!"

Exodus from Baator, donated by Sharmuth
You are in the middle of a vast forest, looking around in confusion. You think to yourself, "How will I leave this plane?"

Then you hear a loud sound from behind you. You turn around and see a large red portal in the ground. A Pit Fiend steps out of the portal. When he sees you, his eyes widen in surprise. "A gith? In Fearun? What are you doing here?"

You reply: "I could ask you the same, why have you come here?"

"Do not test me, mortal. I am here because a portal opened near the farmstead to the east, and we can't have some angel interfering in. . .our business here in the Prime."

Suddenly you get an idea: "I would have you bring me to the Nine Hells."

You immediately begin to think that this may not have been wise.

The Pit Fiend seems taken aback at first, and then laughs: "Alright, mortal. Let's make a deal. Name your terms for your soul."

You begin thinking quickly, and declare: "My soul is forfeit to you as soon as I walk through that portal to Baator."

The Fiend looks confused, ". . .and? Don't you want something? Immortality? Unlimited Power? Do you want to command a specific devil? Anthing?"

You look directly into the Pit Fiend's eyes: "No, as soon as I walk through that portal, my soul is yours."

The Pit Fiend laughs loudly, so loudly it echoes even in the forest. "Ha! As you wish mortal!" He grabs you roughly by the shirt collar and pulls you in, laughing all the way. "Now, puny Gith, your soul is. . "

You interrupt him: "You are wrong, you have no right to my soul."

"What? Do you think you can go back on your contract?"

"Our Deal was that my soul would be yours when I walked through the portal. You pulled me through."

The devil growls and says, "Damnit, you're a clever one! Well, now what? I'm not going back to Fearun, and I can't just leave you here to wander around. . . I'll take you to Sigil. Sigil is like a neutral ground."

You reply: "Very well, bring me to Sigil."

The devil kneels down and puts his face very very close to yours. "Know this, mortal, our deal still stands. If you ever walk into Baator, your soul will be mine." A large devious grin spreads across his face: "I'm looking forward to it."

Suddenly another portal opens above you, and as soon as you look towards it the devil grabs your shirt and throws you through it. The last thing you hear coming from the other side of the portal before it closes is the maniacal laughter of the pit fiend, so confident that he will find this clever mortal again, and next time, he will outsmart him. You stand up and get a good look around at the city. It is unfamiliar, but at least you're one step closer to your home in Limbo.

Combined Dream of a Doomguard and a Xaos, or Choit and the Choir, donated by Mauric Astoret and Choit
Filer's Note: This sensory stone was an experiment in two people recording at once, and might make you sick. Care suggested in viewing.

At first its all black, and then from the blackness slowly appears a peculiar legless golem. It is quite a bulky mess of instrument arms and three mouths. Two of the mouths appear to be singing, while the third plays a flute. The music is a very blues/industrial sort of tune, played to a steady and heavily drum driven song.

The scene changes to stars falling from the sky on what looks like a Prime, hitting the ground like a rain of meteorites. The music continues in the background, as the Prime fades and huge drifting landmasses appear. A black vortex sucks the land in, grinding the earthbergs into tiny motes.

Over it all, the voice of the golem sings: Here we are, shaping your tomorrow - we're not afraid to beg or steal or borrow . . .Now here you are, welcome to confusion - we'll keep you safe, stuck in your illusion.

Shadows of people appear screaming in horror and panic, covering their eyes and shielding their bodies as the blackness consumes them, pulling them in as they triy to hold on to the ground that dissolves.

The golem reappears in the center of everything as the doom continues all around it. The golem's second singing mouth takes the fore, speaking for the audience: What can we say, what can we do?

And then the primary mouth takes back over: You're just a number and a name

The black hole pulling everything inwards reverses itself and explodes into a black supernova becoming pitch black and void of any light as it spreads through the full expanse of the multiverse leaving only the golem singing the final verse:

You only got yourself to blame, you only got yourself to blame. Here we are, and here we stay forever - we got you tricked, eternally come whatever. . here we are, we're going to take no chances - we live it up, and feast at your expenses.

The beat goes on for a while longer in the blackness, and then finally falls silent.