Proposal For The Higher Ups

*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

Sasha sends the following letter to Factol Erin Montgomery, and all the Factors in the Sensates, in the hopes that one of them will give it some consideration.
wrote: Dear Factol Montgomery, Factors,

The Mercykillers would like to ally themselves with us, in the wake of their recent break up with the Fated. We've had our differences with the Red Death in the past, and to smooth things over, they offer the following:

1) To deal more leniently with first time criminals, and possibly consider rehabilitation instead of maiming and life imprisonment as punishments for crimes which did not involve injury to another person. For us, this would mean that first time offending Sensates who were merely trying out the experience of minor theft or illegal drug use would no longer have to face maiming or execution.

2) To help us conquer and build a settlement in a more chaotic plane, such as the Beastlands, so that we can more easily experience things outside of the Cage.

In return, they ask that we support them politically in matters pertaining to keeping the peace, and aid them in investigations. I expect this means they would like access to the private Sensoriums on request, in addition to our general cooperation.

I personally think that such an alliance would open up many opportunities, as well as help secure the peace in the city and our own position. But I leave the matter respectfully to your consideration.

Sincerely,

Factotum Sasha Andor
*Lotus

Posted by *Lotus »

A sealed letter has been delivered to Sasha. It was humbly but elegantly decorated, and it smelled subtly of rare perfume. It read:
wrote: My Dearest Sasha,

I do not aim to kill your enthusiasm, but I must be sincere with you. I found the very idea of a formal alliance with the Red Death mostly preposterous indeed. It is not our past differences, it is the difference in the core values our and their fundamentals are built on, and extremely divergent Visions for the future of the Multiverse.

Further to this, as the case is usually is, there are bitter consequences not mentioned in their amply sweetened sales pitch. For when one allies himself with another, he gains two new enemies. That might negatively influence our relationships with other Factions, perhaps eventually escalate into something beyond our imagination as of yet.

With all that in mind, I must reluctantly admit their bid is very high indeed. A base outside would bring immense benefits for the political power of our Society, reinforce our status and prestige, open countless possibilities. All these ultimately serving our ability to pursue our Vision.

However, I am also convinced the Red Death are convinced they would be getting the better end of this stick. Their promises feel miraculous, but are vague, like that of a Khaasta cony catcher. But it is too soon to decide either way.

I feel a hint of your optimism for this case. I shall have a personal request. I want you to learn more about their motivations. I will postpone our answer until I can foresee the possible consequences on our Vision.

My Best Regards
E. D. Montgomery
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

//reply sent via PM