Missing Sensory Stone?

*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

After reading the article in SIGIS, Sasha hurried back to the Festhall, and began making inquiries about the state of the investigation and why such a unperceptive Djinn was left in charge of the Society's precious experiences.

//Related to the chant posted by The Resistance here: this.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

Upon returning to The Festhall after asking a few people she would be able to pull together the following facts.

The Sensate guarding the stones claims the theif had a ticket allowing him to be in the private sensorium. He has been suspended.

No one is quite sure what memory was taken but records show it was donated by a modrone.

A blue cambion called Boggart is believed to have been seen in the Festhall at the time the stone was taken. He is a member of The Fated and several senseates most but not all Namers suspect their old rivals in the Hall of Records to be behind the theft.
*MimiFearthegn

Sasha tries to find anyone whose done a study of modron experiences in an attempt to discover what could possibly have been on the stone. She would also try to look up the modron that donated the stone in the first place, if possible.

Finally, she tries to find the person(s) responsible for providing tickets to the private sensorium - assuming that such is legitimate at all.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

There is a sensate namer six, sevens who helps design props for The Festhall's theatre who does not study Modrones, but actually is s Modrone.

Should Sasha wish to go outside of her own Faction it would be easy to assume that The Guvners given their association with Mechanus would know a lot about Modrones. Given Factol Pentar's obsession with halting The Great Modrone March The Doomguard may be a surprisingly useful font of information too should she wish to brave The Armoury.

As for the ticket. It is not something that can be bought. When someone donates a stone they are given a ticket to allow them entrance to the Sensorium where they are permitted to view their stone and only their stone. Suggesting that whoever took the stone was either given the ticket by the original owner or stole it from them.
*MimiFearthegn

Sasha wasn't so interested in modron lore so much as the content of that stone. So she went to talk to Six, Sevens about whether he/she/it had ever seen the stone, or knew who had donated it. She also double checked the records for a date of donation.

She then tried to find the fake stone that had been left instead of the real sensory stone, in order to possibly scry for its owner.

In addition, she let it be known in the Festhall that there was documentation that no, the Fated weren't behind this particular attack.
*The Resistance

Posted by *The Resistance »

((The other stone isn't a fake one. Just another one misplaced.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

Sasha finds the Modrone. It appears to be assembling a red dragon made mostly of ply wood and paper. The prop is of dubious quality and what is more worrying the two metal cannisters of gas would suggest when it is finished it may actually breathe fire. It squints at Sasha.

"Designation Sasha Andor. Rank Factotum. Be helpful."

The last words seem mostly as a reminder to itself.

"How can I help?"

The sensate stone left in place of the missing one seems to be a genuine one with a disturbing memory inside. It contains the aftermath of a brutal orgy somewhere in the depths of the temple of the abyss and focuses on the sordid joy and conflicting sense of shame of those who took part. In fact the stones around it seem to concentrate on feelings of conflicting shame, delight and guilty pleasures. Perhaps a clue as to what is in the missing stone.
*MimiFearthegn

The Temple of the Abyss party is filed away as one of those things to never mention to Dace, and then Sasha headed off to her meeting with the modron.

"Hello!" Sasha greeted the Modron as her normal cheerful self, looking curiously at the dragon creation.

"I was wondering - you know that stone that went missing recently from the private sensorium? Did you ever happen to take a look at it?

The label said that it was originally donated by a modron, but didn't give a name. . . I've been looking all over for someone who might have viewed it, or knows who recorded it!"

Sasha looked hopefully at the mechanical creature.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

The creatures singular eye dilates making its pupil look comically wide

"That one very bad very very bad! I do not know the name of the one who made it but I'd recognize it if I saw it."

This may be more useful than it first sounds as it is very difficult to tell one Modrone from another.

"It is a Monodrone like me, and after what it did it would have to be hiding somewhere far out of sight..."

It goes back to muttering to itself.

"Very bad very bad."
*MimiFearthegn

Sasha nodded.

"You don't happen to have any idea of where someone like him might go to hide, do you?"